simple change to elusive mind Mesmer main not welcome here!

DragonFury.6243

elusive mind will stay the same but remove Exhaustion from it however now when you use elusive mind to break out from stun you wont gain mirage Cloak i think that will help to reduce the evade spamso the description of elusive mind will be Dodging breaks stun and removes conditions. If you break stun in this manner, you wont gain mirage Cloaksimple but neededi know that wont address burst issue but remember the burst ANET can increase or decrease it but the mechanic will remainand the current elusive mind is too OP

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:All this will do is cause a sudden influx of people using Infinite Horizon or maybe even Sand Shards because suddenly it's not the worst GM.

but i think that is called balance or at least build diversity when GM trait is not dominated by a single trait that all must run

...That's not balance it's making something so useless that no one will ever take it. Elusive Mind needs a rework, it's been said since the preview weekend.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:All this will do is cause a sudden influx of people using Infinite Horizon or maybe even Sand Shards because suddenly it's not the worst GM.

but i think that is called balance or at least build diversity when GM trait is not dominated by a single trait that all must run

...That's not balance it's making something so useless that no one will ever take it. Elusive Mind needs a rework, it's been said since the preview weekend.

useless ??still powerful trait that let you condi cleanse and break out of stun that relies on endurance which is easy to getor it must be broken to be useful for mirage ?

@DragonFury.6243 said:

useless ??still powerful trait that let you condi cleanse and break out of stun that relies on endurance which is easy to getor it must be broken to be useful for mirage ?

No, it's absurdly useless. How bout we reflect all damage & condis instead? I could live with that.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

It needs to be reworked completely. Nothing in the vein of 'dodging breaks stuns' is ever going to be fair. There'll still be an outcry about how difficult it is to lock down a Mirage.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

It needs to be reworked completely. Nothing in the vein of 'dodging breaks stuns' is ever going to be fair. There'll still be an outcry about how difficult it is to lock down a Mirage.

I totally agree. No matter what, Locking down mirage, mesmers or chrono, clones will always cause some amount of difficulty. & that is really why your crying. Cause you cant lock down a mesmer player fast anoth & you actually figuring that you have to fight. Every players playing there main classes with out exception starts with a full burst. & then call's mesmer OP when that player burst everything on a clone. What to do, post threads on the forum.

I wish elusive mind was tuned to gain some additional effects off crsytals that a mesmer can summon and break, because summoning crystals is the one ability of mesmer that you can't endlessly spam.So here is my suggestion:Elusive mind is renamed crystal defense. When breaking a crystal, you apply taunt to your target for one second and you clear one condition.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

I totally agree. No matter what, Locking down mirage, mesmers or chrono, clones will always cause some amount of difficulty. & that is really why your crying. Cause you cant lock down a mesmer player fast anoth & you actually figuring that you have to fight. Every players playing there main classes with out exception starts with a full burst. & then call's mesmer OP when that player burst everything on a clone. What to do, post threads on the forum.

Yes because people are equating mirage with chrono and core mesmer.And people are crying about landing burst on a clone, rather than mirage cloak being used whilst stunned, EM breaking stun, and clones cluttering the screen and causing desync.

@"Daishi.6027" said:What if they just move the stunberak to jaunt and keep the cleanse on the doge?

While I'd love stunbreak on Jaunt instead (arguably this could be an indirect buff), it would still leave a GM major trait with such a name doing nothing other than condi cleanse - seems kind of anti-thematic.

If the stunbreak is removed completely then I'd like to see some kind of replacement mechanic - or even move the condi cleanse to Renewing Oasis (and get rid of that useless duration reduction) leaving room to create an entirely new GM trait.

I mean they could experiment with things like an Illusionary Ambush like effect of repositioning with clones and detargeting instead of stunbreak - at least that would still be worthy of the name "Elusive".

@Daishi.6027 said:What if they just move the stunberak to jaunt and keep the cleanse on the doge?

Hahahahahaha ... Hahah ... No. Jaunt is already more than sufficient. The change of simple, remove the ability to dodge while stunned baseline. Move that to EM and remove stunbreak.

EM will still be one of the if not the strongest individual trait out there even after this nerf.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:What if they just move the stunberak to jaunt and keep the cleanse on the dodge?

While I'd love stunbreak on Jaunt instead (arguably this could be an indirect buff), it would still leave a GM major trait with such a name doing nothing other than condi cleanse - seems kind of anti-thematic.

I disagree on terms of themes. Stun breaking on a jaunt seems pretty "elusive" to me.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Daishi.6027 said:What if they just move the stunberak to jaunt and keep the cleanse on the dodge?

Hahahahahaha ... Hahah ... No. Jaunt is already more than sufficient. The change of simple, remove the ability to dodge while stunned baseline. Move that to EM and remove stunbreak.

EM will still be one of the if not the strongest individual trait out there even after this nerf.

Balance I think it sorts out the issue of so many stun breaks since jaunt is used in so many different ways when not stunned already, where the 1 stun break every 20 seconds (stacking 3) is more or less fair regardless of what they choose to do with the mirage cloak.

If you are spending jaunts to avoid AoE blasts, you wont be able to then EM out of CC.

In the quite possibly likely event mirage cloak goes unchanged I think this is the best option.

@Daishi.6027 said:

@Daishi.6027 said:What if they just move the stunberak to jaunt and keep the cleanse on the doge?

I disagree on terms of themes. Stun breaking on a jaunt seems pretty "elusive" to me.

So did you mean the trait adds the stunbreak to Jaunt? I assumed you meant the stunbreak would be on Jaunt as standard and the trait simply had it removed, hence not being "Elusive" any more - only a simple condi cleanse. If so then I misunderstood your point and agree with you that it retains the theme.

On a separate note I'd be interested to see Elusive Mind modified such that instead of breaking stun it does an Illusionary Ambush effect - with the difference being it ports all clones to you and shuffles your position within a 600 radius centred around your initial position (rather than around your target), detargeting. But you'd still be stunned/dazed/cced until it wore off, just as if you used Illusionary Ambush during a cc. A bit weird, maybe not suitable but could be interesting.

@eksn.7264 said:Stunbreak on dodge is too good for ANY spec in this game, previous or future. It shouldn't be a thing at all.

This from a class that heals on dodge?

Fun fact, mirage heals more on dodge than a guard specing honor and taking the dodge heal.

As a Mirage, how is this doable? Id like to heal when I dodge.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@eksn.7264 said:Stunbreak on dodge is too good for ANY spec in this game, previous or future. It shouldn't be a thing at all.

This from a class that heals on dodge?

Fun fact, mirage heals more on dodge than a guard specing honor and taking the dodge heal.

As a Mirage, how is this doable? Id like to heal when I dodge.

Regen

Archived