Balance or remove mirage from wvw (maybe now and not in 6 month)

Tom.5914

In my opinion most classes are very well balanced,

• thiefs can be very powerful, but at least they need to play good for this
  • holo can piss of too easy
  • scourge damage to toughness ratio is maybe a bit too high, if you are not able to kill him fast you are dead, so still not really balanced
  • mirage is fucking op in 1vs1, in 1vs2 and 1vs3 and if he plays bad he can use TRIPLE TELEPORT to flee almost every time - WTF

remove scourge and mirage from wvw and this game would be great

@Tom.5914 said:In my opinion most classes are very well balanced,

• holo can kitten of too easy
  • scourge damage to toughness ratio is maybe a bit too high, if you are not able to kill him fast you are dead, so still not really balanced
  • mirage is kitten op in 1vs1, in 1vs2 and 1vs3 and if he plays bad he can use TRIPLE TELEPORT to flee almost every time - kitten

Thief is OP, goes invis, massive burst damage, if they don't kill you, they go invis and teleport away 3 times, and reset to come back, ive never had any problems with taking out holo's, scourge does all its damage and if your stupid enough to stand in the nice big AoE of death you deserve to be owned, normally if you push on them fast enough they will die, Mirage is also OP like you stated, they have insane burst damage and access to invis, not to mention 1-3 minions that also to insane burst damage.

They will never balance these classes, without completely destroying the way they are played, each class ( apart from the ones that have access to invis every other attack ) all have decent/hard counters to them, the problem is people don't want to play them counters, they want to press 1,1,1,1,1,1 and when that person doesn't die they want a nerf.

Ive noticed this week now that downstate is back, that players are scared to push into an enemy again, last week those same people went total YOLO mode and went for it, even though they also had no downstate, but now they have it again, they hesitate to get into combat properly.

• thiefs can be very powerful, but at least they need to play good for thisif you say so. mind elaborating what is so difficult about playing thief? i dont feel like i need to play good on my thief to be better then i am on any other class for 1vsX..

@"Tom.5914" said:In my opinion most classes are very well balanced,

• holo can kitten of too easy
  • mirage is kitten op in 1vs1, in 1vs2 and 1vs3 and if he plays bad he can use TRIPLE TELEPORT to flee almost every time - kitten

-yeah, they still Need to nerf mesmer dmg capability while Hugh Sustain (and condi Mirage burst capability)

-but i still think scourge Problem can only be solved with necro rework because the whole design cant get balanced. skillbar is 15+ times AOE dmg, how anyone will balance that? i dont see a way...while core necro and reaper are trash Tier ( too many weaknesses)

-but i also think firebrand need nerfs, cause he is overperforming in heal AND boons, no other supporter class has a Chance against that beast….no druid,no ele, no chrono,...its just every strong Combo atm is played with FB (FB+Warri , FB+ Scourge , FB + any dmg dealer).

-and anet still have to implement more reveal skills.cause perma invis is not a "funny game mechanic" it is 120% annoying...

@MUDse.7623 said:

• thiefs can be very powerful,
    but at least they need to play good for this
    if you say so. mind elaborating what is so difficult about playing thief? i dont feel like i need to play good on my thief to be better then i am on any other class for 1vsX..

They have to be very careful not to be caught in stun or so, because they die so pretty quick

@Tom.5914 said:

if you say so. mind elaborating what is so difficult about playing thief? i dont feel like i need to play good on my thief to be better then i am on any other class for 1vsX..

They have to be very careful not to be caught in stun or so, because they die so pretty quick

any build can die quickly atm not just thieves. thieves usually also run really good stunbreaks that will prevent follow up damage like shadow step, bandits defense or roll for initative. and once out they can disengage fully if they dont feel safe with it on cd, like all the acro thieves do once instant reflexes trigger..surviving is really not the issue a thief has, thief has probably still the best escape and fight avoidance tools, coupled with the highest single hit tellles damage skill (malicious backstab) that will execute most builds once build up, this makes thief really strong and rather easy to play IMO. i play in full berserk gear and hardly ever die to a single opponent, the way i play i could run in valkyre without losing much damage then i need to be playing really bad to die.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Tom.5914 said:

any build can die quickly atm not just thieves. thieves usually also run really good stunbreaks that will prevent follow up damage like shadow step, bandits defense or roll for initative. and once out they can disengage fully if they dont feel safe with it on cd, like all the acro thieves do once instant reflexes trigger..surviving is really not the issue a thief has, thief has probably still the best escape and fight avoidance tools, coupled with the highest single hit tellles damage skill (malicious backstab) that will execute most builds once build up, this makes thief really strong and rather easy to play IMO. i play in full berserk gear and hardly ever die to a single opponent, the way i play i could run in valkyre without losing much damage then i need to be playing really bad to die.

The thieves I have met are so greedy and overbearing. so I consider them as a relative fair class

@Tom.5914 said:

@Tom.5914 said:

The thieves I have met are so greedy and overbearing. so I consider them as a relative fair class

well yes greed is a common death among thieves as not much else is a threat. but why does that make a thief hard to play, unless you say its hard not to get greedy as a thief..

Archived