Why is everyone crying about condi builds but not spellbreaker?

UfoCoffee.2084

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:This class is a raid boss, unkillable 1v1, Crazy survivability, decent mobility and good damage. If anything needs a nerf it's spellbreaker.

It would be nice if ArenaNet brought back the old Might Makes Right where it gave you health as well as 5 endurance instead of 2. That trait is the reason why I play core warrior instead of Spellbreaker.

That's what happens when you add an EZ mode Elite spec to a profession that was meant to be EZ mode as Core to begin with.I don't exactly think Spellbreaker to be literally OP, in my opinion it's the fact that Warrior as a whole is extremely easy and overly simple profession so it's insanely easy to be "good" with it, just be tank while doing dmg of a full dmg speced profession.Not sure if there is a fix to that, maybe add some more punish windows, but generaly I got no idea how that would have to be done without actually breaking it.

@UfoCoffee.2084 Wanna know how to beat a Spellbreaker? Don't proc Full Counter. How easy is that? Very.

Full Counter being proc'd and landing its damage is what mainly gives Spellbreaker its crazy sustain because it refreshes their burst skills. Avoid getting hit with Full Counter and the Burst skills and the Warrior has no sustain, even if Endure Pain procs or they use it they won't be regaining health except from Healing Signet and thats not a very large heal tick. Warrior's sustain is tied to being able to land their burst skills, including Full Counter, deny them this and they have to hard disengage or you just kill them.

This does give them an advantage in outnumbered fights because people typically get complacent and just go all out on Spellbreakers and as such it procs their Full Counter constantly which gives the Warrior the advantage. Deny them their Adrenal Health stacks and its an easier fight.

Spellbreaker is EZ mode... but so are a lot of the new elites. It's called powercreep and it's only going to get worse.

We should be asking for more game modes and more support of PvP in general and start caring less about it being super-duper competitive and balanced.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:This class is a raid boss, unkillable 1v1, Crazy survivability, decent mobility and good damage. If anything needs a nerf it's spellbreaker.

Btw if you're dying to condi thief, scourge, or condi mesmer just play spellbreaker and you'll never have to worry again.

Because warriors and rangers are the loudest and want their competition nerfed.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:@UfoCoffee.2084 Wanna know how to beat a Spellbreaker? Don't proc Full Counter. How easy is that? Very.

Full Counter being proc'd and landing its damage is what mainly gives Spellbreaker its crazy sustain because it refreshes their burst skills. Avoid getting hit with Full Counter and the Burst skills and the Warrior has no sustain, even if Endure Pain procs or they use it they won't be regaining health except from Healing Signet and thats not a very large heal tick. Warrior's sustain is tied to being able to land their burst skills, including Full Counter, deny them this and they have to hard disengage or you just kill them.

This does give them an advantage in outnumbered fights because people typically get complacent and just go all out on Spellbreakers and as such it procs their Full Counter constantly which gives the Warrior the advantage. Deny them their Adrenal Health stacks and its an easier fight.

This is very false. Each sentence is more false than the one preceding it. Do you really think full counter is more than 10% of a war’s damage? While rampage is a thing? While we hit 10k whirling blades? Lol...

@Poelala.2830 said:

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:@UfoCoffee.2084 Wanna know how to beat a Spellbreaker? Don't proc Full Counter. How easy is that? Very.

This is very false. Each sentence is more false than the one preceding it. Do you really think full counter is more than 10% of a war’s damage? While rampage is a thing? While we hit 10k whirling blades? Lol...

Uhhh

FC is far more damage than that, yeah.

The fuck you hitting 10k whirling blades on? On downed? Rampage is telegraphed as all hell, can be kited/blinded etc.

FC will be used multiple times and hits like a truck, pretty reliably too.

Just the audacity to compare a channeled skill dealing 10k over 3 seconds to an instant burst of around 8k+ damage is beyond me

It is overtuned in general but not so much in the context of the current meta(as opposed to Mirage). It should be nerfed along with most of the PoF specs. The powercreep nerf months ago was a good step in the right direction but not enough. They need to keep going until they reach parity with at least some of the HoT specs.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Uhhh

The kitten you hitting 10k whirling blades on? On downed? Rampage is telegraphed as all hell, can be kited/blinded etc.

Just the audacity to compare a channeled skill dealing 10k over 3 seconds to an instant burst of around 8k+ damage is beyond me

I’ve never seen fc hit 8k. Never.

@"UfoCoffee.2084" said:This class is a raid boss, unkillable 1v1, Crazy survivability, decent mobility and good damage. If anything needs a nerf it's spellbreaker.

Btw if you're dying to condi thief, scourge, or condi mesmer just play spellbreaker and you'll never have to worry again.

So you play a condi thief/mirage/scourge and you're asking to nerf the only class which supposedly gives you troubles?...or in general what class do you play?

I ask because I am neither a warrior and I don't think it requires nerfs simply because you don't see it stacked in pvp, anything that doesn't get stacked it's balanced in my books where instead the mirage and scourges are in a dire need of nerfs

Warrior :-does not invalidate a whole gameplay ( melee with scourges )-cannot stealth/run-has no AI pets-has not got any perfect defense like distortion/elusive mirror-has not portal/blink

Warrior is mostly a negligible threat, can be kited with ease because 90% of warriors can only move in a straight line doing the same action over and over

Either way I am sure that whatever you play...it's annoying to fight/has unfair advantages for some other set of builds and I am sure that you will tell people to "l2p" when they will list these advantages

@Poelala.2830 said:

Uhhh

The kitten you hitting 10k whirling blades on? On downed? Rampage is telegraphed as all hell, can be kited/blinded etc.

I’ve never seen fc hit 8k. Never.

Might stacks, Revenge Counter, Peak Performance and Berserker's Power and it will easily deal that much. It's the most damaging skill you will always land, especially so in WvW where you can just dip into an aoe circle on the floor to trigger it etc.

You're right though. It usually hits more around 5 to 6k.

It probably still needs slight nerfs, but I can appreciate that it has counterplay.

You can stow the full counter which kills a LOT of sustain and damage. If you dodge their full counters and bursts with the meta resilience build they lose a ton of sustain and damage, and can be pushed off the node. Their shield 5 can be gotten with unblockables, their FC can be interrupted, and their animations are all super telegraphed and easy to dodge (GS3, GS5, Dagger F1, Shield 4). Dagger 3 is a bit of an annoyance in that regard.

I would like for them to change it so balance stance does not automatically proc resilience (clearly a bug lol) and they could probably nerf full counter and/or shield 5 by a few seconds, but in the world of mirages and other POF-power-creeped classes, I can appreciate spellbreaker and it's counter-play. Even if you're probably not rewarded enough FOR counterplaying currently.

PS all 3 of those specs can destroy spellbreaker so ?_?

@Evolute.6239 said:It probably still needs slight nerfs, but I can appreciate that it has counterplay.

You can stow the full counter which kills a LOT of sustain and damage. If you dodge their full counters and bursts with the meta resilience build they lose a ton of sustain and damage, and can be pushed off the node. Their shield 5 can be gotten with unblockables, their FC can be interrupted, and their animations are all super telegraphed and easy to dodge (GS3, GS5, Dagger F1, Shield 4). Dagger 3 is a bit of an annoyance in that regard.

I would like for them to change it so balance stance does not automatically proc resilience (clearly a bug lol) and they could probably nerf full counter and/or shield 5 by a few seconds, but in the world of mirages and other POF-power-creeped classes, I can appreciate spellbreaker and it's counter-play. Even if you're probably not rewarded enough FOR counterplaying currently.

PS all 3 of those specs can destroy spellbreaker so ?_?

That bug already got fixed. Now it will only proc if it actually stunbreaks

Archived