Ranger pet crits you for 10683 damage

Rizach.4852

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DIdnt someone calculate that the max theoretical autoattack damage for longbow is like 12k damage?

Also elementalists got nothing to complain about. Meteor showers can hit for up to 10k and sometimes insta-kill people with 20k+ hp because the stupid stones hit at the same time.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@ChartFish.1308 said:Why are rangers not allowed nice things.

How about the somehow 6k LB AAs?Still no idea how they do that, but I saw it quite often.

By going heavily glass cannon with sic 'em and mms & BM as well as opressive superiority, shooting at max distance. You will have to trade off a lot of survivability. You'll find most builds get 3k AA crits, 4k if using sic 'em

@ChartFish.1308 said:

How about the somehow 6k LB AAs?Still no idea how they do that, but I saw it quite often.

By going heavily glass cannon with sic 'em and mms & BM as well as opressive superiority, shooting at max distance. You will have to trade off a lot of survivability. You'll find most builds get 3k AA crits, 4k if using sic 'em

Definitely not max distance, got those hits while standing on point with the Ranger, also they were never as squishy as glass cannon suggests.

@"ChartFish.1308" said:Why are rangers not allowed nice things.

MUH "IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL" DROOOODMUH "TANKY, LETHAL AI"

That's why. Nevermind that now we have spellbreakers being just as tanky and even more dangerous, or Mirages using AI and de-targeting to confound and destroy players these days when it comes to pug stomping,Anyway, the only way someone can pull that sort of damage off is with high damage modifiers (MoC/OS//TaV/Oppressive/ect) and moderate/high might/vulnerability while being glassy. There used to be one-shot builds with Drake's Tail Sweep, and there is one with Worldly Impact, but they need everything to go just right to pull it off without getting picked off by anything else. In the case of Gazelle, Charge is kinda bugged. It used to hit multiple times on some odd occasions, and it was "fixed", but when Gazelle doesnt phase out of reality while charging, it may still rarely get its big damage multi-hit Charge on a single hit instead.

@Euthymias.7984 said:

@"ChartFish.1308" said:Why are rangers not allowed nice things.

That's why. Nevermind that now we have spellbreakers being just as tanky and even more dangerous, or Mirages using AI and de-targeting to confound and destroy players these days when it comes to pug stomping,Anyway, the only way someone can pull that sort of damage off is with high damage modifiers (MoC/OS//TaV/Oppressive/ect) and moderate/high might/vulnerability while being glassy. There used to be one-shot builds with Drake's Tail Sweep, and there is one with Worldly Impact, but they need everything to go just right to pull it off without getting picked off by anything else. In the case of Gazelle, Charge is kinda bugged. It used to hit multiple times on some odd occasions, and it was "fixed", but when Gazelle doesnt phase out of reality while charging, it may still rarely get its big damage multi-hit Charge on a single hit instead.

I thought you were gonna go all out on ranger and i was ready to jump on the defence all "leave druid alone its been nerfed to death already qq" but alas, i was pleasantly surprised.

Also the whole "need to get it off just right" is depressingly true. God forbid your opponent does something daring like dodges your slow-wind up hit, or walks out of it's range lol

@ChartFish.1308 said:

I thought you were gonna go all out on ranger and i was ready to jump on the defence all "leave druid alone its been nerfed to death already qq" but alas, i was pleasantly surprised.

Also the whole "need to get it off just right" is depressingly true. God forbid your opponent does something daring like dodges your slow-wind up hit, or walks out of it's range lol

Walking out of one of the longest ranges in the game?

@Blocki.4931 said:

Maul 220 worldly impact 240. So yeah

@Dawdler.8521 said:DIdnt someone calculate that the max theoretical autoattack damage for longbow is like 12k damage?

Also elementalists got nothing to complain about. Meteor showers can hit for up to 10k and sometimes insta-kill people with 20k+ hp because the stupid stones hit at the same time.

“Eles have nothing to complain about”“...Meteor Shower” LOL. You’re saying staff ele is as viable as an AI pet that’s overturned to hell. You’re so blind if you think this is the case.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

You do know the rotation you execute for these skills to land right? Especially with your easy access to quickness, “just walking out of it” isn’t probable at all.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Alright, thought you were talking about bow there.

Either way, I don't think that's very feasible.

@Poelala.2830 said:“Eles have nothing to complain about”“...Meteor Shower” LOL. You’re saying staff ele is as viable as an AI pet that’s overturned to hell. You’re so blind if you think this is the case.

... overtune? I hope you only mean the gazelle and it's once in a blue moon high crit (i play with it and i have yet to see a 10k crit from it).

You do know the rotation you execute for these skills to land right? Especially with your easy access to quickness, “just walking out of it” isn’t probable at all.

I mean... you'd be surprised? If all you want to do is hit a single maul/wordly impact then sure enough. Still, it's the range of a melee attack. Impact roots you, maul is a cone. Without stunning or zephyr it's just easy to walk out of it. You can cast it on point and the enemy can avoid it by going on the edges :/Don't get me wrong, it hits hard when it hits & crits, i know, but it sounds like youre getting hit by it far too much if you think it isnt possible to avoid it. I've had scrouges dodge it by only backpedaling lol

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:“Eles have nothing to complain about”“...Meteor Shower” LOL. You’re saying staff ele is as viable as an AI pet that’s overturned to hell. You’re so blind if you think this is the case.

... overtune? I hope you only mean the gazelle and it's once in a blue moon high crit (i play with it and i have yet to see a 10k crit from it).

I mean... you'd be surprised? If all you want to do is hit a single maul/wordly impact then sure enough. Still, it's the range of a melee attack. Impact roots you, maul is a cone. Without stunning or zephyr it's just easy to walk out of it. You can cast it on point and the enemy can avoid it by going on the edges :/Don't get me wrong, it hits hard when it hits & crits, i know, but it sounds like youre getting hit by it far too much if you think it isnt possible to avoid it. I've had scrouges dodge it by only backpedaling lol

Switch from gazelle to smokescale, wait for stun. Time the stun into maul, enter beastmode and worldly impact.It's not rocked science.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Switch from gazelle to smokescale, wait for stun. Time the stun into maul, enter beastmode and worldly impact.It's not rocked science.

Ehh, sure if you're one of those rangers who like keeping their pet passive so they don't waste any cooldowns? I'm at least glad you didnt say it's a random knockdown lol. Still, pet can do the knockdown even if the enemy is far from you, it's not 100% you'll do a majestic wombo combonwith the helpnof the pet

@ChartFish.1308 said:

You can’t dodge maul by backpedaling it you’re less than max distance from said player. Secondarily, you’re in dire need of practice if you can’t reliably hit maul without the player just walking out of it. I suggest you learn some combos, like quickness smokescale f1-maul-f3. That should be like 13k in crits if you land it all. I’m welcome to teach you soulbeast if you need it.

@Poelala.2830 said:You can’t dodge maul by backpedaling it you’re less than max distance from said player. Secondarily, you’re in dire need of practice if you can’t reliably hit maul without the player just walking out of it. I suggest you learn some combos, like quickness smokescale f1-maul-f3. That should be like 13k in crits if you land it all. I’m welcome to teach you soulbeast if you need it.

No, but you can just run behind the ranger xDSheesh, i'm a ranger main, i know the damage combos. No need to be insulting lol. It's harder to hit because both are ~1sec windup with a very obvious animation. Maul is on a 4sec CD, you wont use it exclusively when you have quickness lol. Not saying it's impossible or that i never land it.

No thx on teaching, i already know the ins and outs and corners and holes of ranger in its entirety.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Definitely not max distance, got those hits while standing on point with the Ranger, also they were never as squishy as glass cannon suggests.

Then you're making shit up... It's hard to even achieve those numbers in PvP alone due to limitations with the amulet... In WvW that is a more realistic number to see.

Even with all of the defensives you take away by going near that level of damage, it's a meme build at most and not taken seriously at all. You'll see it in ranked of course because it's actually fun to try and setup the burst with it , but it's just that, a fun meme build and no where close to the meta builds/classes.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Poelala.2830" said:“Eles have nothing to complain about”“...Meteor Shower” LOL. You’re saying staff ele is as viable as an AI pet that’s overturned to hell. You’re so blind if you think this is the case.

Switch from gazelle to smokescale, wait for stun. Time the stun into maul, enter beastmode and worldly impact.It's not rocked science.

"Rocket Science"

Archived