Some random thoughts from a regular player

Hello there! I just want to share some of my recent experience in the PvP. I'm a pretty much main pvp player in GW2 since the release, have been lurking on the leaderboards in and out, usually ending between p1 and p2. I skipped the last 2 seasons and decided to join for some games this one. Unfortunately my luck decided to show as well and I got 2-8 in the placements, including because of some random inet spikes that caused me to disconnect.Anyway I got placed in silver and for some awkward reason decided, mkey let's see how it is here. Putting aside the skill lvl of most of the players, I was actually pretty well surprised. People were actually playing for fun, what they want with some knowledge about the mechanics and most of the games were awkwardly enjoyable. But to me the main difference I noticed is actually the ABSENCE of healers and bunkers. No druids holding points for 10 minutes vs 2 players, no fb guards to babysit necros in mid, no bunker eles, ventaris(to a lesser extend) and so and so on. The games were pretty fast, with a lot of action and because you need to rely more on your own healing, very dynamic, ins and outs of combat, etc.. Of course there are many other differences, but my point is for the past several seasons people from prolly the largest mmr bracket g2-p2 were always complaining about scourges, etc. Scourges I recently played in the lower brackets, weren't that bad, it was just they had no huge amounts of sustainability and were getting nuked down. Peeps had to also be more mindful of snipers and revenants.My point of all this is that the game is not in a bad place, the bad is that the game in its pvp core was not conceptualized to have healers and since the adding of overdefensive, protective and elusive unfortunately anet shot themselves in the leg. Rev is fine, daredevil is fine, core ele, core war, rifle war, deadeye, trap ranger, condi engi, etc they are all fine, but got bummed by the elite healer traitlines. I'm talking here mainly about the regular competitive players, not p3+. No need of #l2timeyourinteruptionsandrotateonthemap comments.What I have in mind is the game needs 2 things to refresh and reanimate the pvp to be fun again is more PvP modes and the healers to be gone or to be made so, that healing is not necesarry their only use and priority. For example I'll give Dota, sure it's ok to have an omni, dazzle or treant on your team, but they are not game deciding if the other team doesn't have one. The Firebrand could do for example a big chunk of healing but with a cd of 30 seconds, have a 5 second ultimate where his heal is AoE. Druid should be a lot less mobile, could have skills like spreading seeds, which give more toughness to players in an area(like a well) or root himself in the ground giving some aoe average healing, summon a wolf pack for example for help, cast a protective mother tree which gives for a small time resistance to all nearby heroes. But not just being able to dodge and heal forever vs 2 players. I mean the game could really be given some fresh air and a new start, just be reworking 2 trait lines.

Food for thoughts.

Archived