Firebrand hammer?

UKADAM.3910

@UKADAM.3910 said:Was woundering if there’s a pve build for hammer firebrand?Or Is hammer actually any good in wvw or pve ?I really like the look/style of hammer and staff but I don’t wanna waste the gold getting the equipment lolAny help would be great :)

If you're talking about open world PvE, then I wouldn't really recommend you use hammer. Greatsword is better because of the high cleave damage and the mobility. Hammer is good for CC and not really useful in PvE.

@Ragnarox.9601 said:Hammer does not work on any FB build, it does good on DH and great on core guard.

This.

In general for a power build, the tome mechanics of FB generally mean interrupting your dps unless you're a hybrid or condi build, in which case Tome of Justice will be a dps increase.

If you're looking to do wvw, you may be able to make a viable support FB build using hammer as a control weapon. Skills 3 through 5 on hammer offer some decent CC for your group and hammer 2 means you can blast fields very often. If you're looking to use hammer offensively, follow Rag's advice and do core guard (very high burst) or DH.

Hammer has solid and very easy dps, but it's backloaded dps. While greatsword/sword/scepter have more frontloaded damage, letting you kill most things a lot faster.It's not bad as a secondary set since the permanent protection and 200% symbol uptime can be useful, but having two bursty weapon sets is generally better for open world. I run it alongside sword on my harrier firebrand just because I like the weapon, but running a greatsword instead is likely more effective for making things dead.

but you can definitely use it if you like it. it's good. just not meta

Archived