What happened to Commanders?

Rimu.7105

So, I log into play some WvW to make a legendary weapon... (Im personally not a fan of WvW so thats the only reason im doing it) Im on Jade Quarry, a tier 1 server from what ive been told, but there is NEVER a commander on ANY map... before there use to be many commanders one pur map almost at all times...did WvW die any no one tell me?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine they run tag less so pugs don't follow them to become rallybots. A lot of guilds do this unless the guild is small and needs the pugs to bolster their ranks.

I am sure most commanders will tell you that trying to lead pug's who don't get on com's is like trying to heard cats.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Rimu.7105 said:That sucks... i really need stuff for my legendary.

Well, you could try to start a petition so WvW isn't a requirement (unless you're talking about the legendaries from WvW itself and not just Gift of Battle).

D:

Im trying to get craft the first leg of a precurser first, which needs like 200 tokens from WvW...impossible now it seems

@"Rimu.7105"It isn't impossible. If you just need the 250 memories of battle you can buy them on the TP.

About the GoB:I just roam around solo going to camps etc and towers etc. Generally, if it is an objective owned by the enemy, someone is trying to cap it so I always find ppl there. Most of what I cap when I am solo/small group roaming is camps, paper towers and the NPC events e.g get the ogres to align with you in EBG. You can also set up trebs at Keeps, Garri's and Towers and hit down walls for points as well. Pop and xp boost and run about and you will have this in no time.

Also, try to look for the outnumbered buff as that is a great time to get xtra participation etc. If you really want a zerg, try primetime your time to see if there is a tag. Also, jump into your server's Discord/Teamspeak. You don't need to talk, just listen but if they have a server discord, the "raid" times should be listed in there as well.

Jade Quarry generally has a commander on at least one map at any given time. There might be some issues during late EU times or in the early morning, but there are definitely Sea and OCX (TPA, ZEDD), EU (eXa), and NA (CALM, SF, FLUX, NG, HzH) tags to follow that should be active. All of these guilds tend to run open tag as well.

You may have not found much today because.. well, it is Fathers Day and a lot of people are out with family.

@Evolute.6239 said:Jade Quarry generally has a commander on at least one map at any given time. There might be some issues during late EU times or in the early morning, but there are definitely Sea and OCX (TPA, ZEDD), EU (eXa), and NA (CALM, SF, FLUX, NG, HzH) tags to follow that should be active. All of these guilds tend to run open tag as well.

You may have not found much today because.. well, it is Fathers Day and a lot of people are out with family.

Ive been checking on and off for like 3-4 days i havent seen anything :/ guess my timeing is bad.

@Rimu.7105 said:

@Evolute.6239 said:Jade Quarry generally has a commander on at least one map at any given time. There might be some issues during late EU times or in the early morning, but there are definitely Sea and OCX (TPA, ZEDD), EU (eXa), and NA (CALM, SF, FLUX, NG, HzH) tags to follow that should be active. All of these guilds tend to run open tag as well.

Ive been checking on and off for like 3-4 days i havent seen anything :/ guess my timeing is bad.

Try asking in team chat if you haven't already. Also, find out the Team speak/ discord info and get on there. It may help.

@Roxanne.6140 said:There are commanders. They just run closed or tagless. Not all and not all the time, but it's getting to be the trend.

I personally dont like that trend...its rather pointless imo...why wouldnt you want a large team to take out stuff with? more people = more supplies = more seige = more walls dead = more captures....

@Rimu.7105 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:There are commanders. They just run closed or tagless. Not all and not all the time, but it's getting to be the trend.

I personally dont like that trend...its rather pointless imo...why wouldnt you want a large team to take out stuff with? more people = more supplies = more seige = more walls dead = more captures....

Lol don't ask me, I am not a commander. I am a puglet most of the time.

@Rimu.7105 said:

What happened is many guild leaders are getting more and more selfish and 'guild centred'. I believe these are tactics to 'force' you to join their guilds. These days, many small wvw guilds are desperate for more members in preparation for the coming wvw restructuring. Everyone wants to be the strongest and biggest guild. Can you see the problem ANet? More to come.

And what is this rallybot cancer that people are starting to spread? Those pugs, roamers and solos that joined the commander are doing exactly what everyone else is doing. They fight enemies, build sieges, repair walls and revive downed allies. In fact, i noticed that there are some guilds whose members who revive only their own and no one else.

@Mil.3562 said:

What happened is many guild leaders are getting more and more selfish and 'guild centred'. I believe these are tactics to 'force' you to join their guilds. These days, many small wvw guilds are desperate for more members in preparation for the coming wvw restructuring. Everyone wants to be the strongest and biggest guild. Can you see the problem ANet? More to come.

And what is this rallybot cancer that people are starting to spread? Those pugs, roamers and solos that tag along are doing exactly what everyone else is doing. They fight enemies, build sieges, repair walls and revive downed allies. In fact, i noticed there are some guilds whose members who revive only their own and no one else.

Lol

What's wrong with guilds running their own squads? They want to get better, they want to form a closer group that plays together a lot, not just 10 randoms on top of that who aren't used to their group dynamic etc.

Besides, it is distracting to have people place random siege etc. I really don't see anything wrong with group play, so why do you seem to be so against it? Calling it desperate seems very odd to me.

@Rimu.7105 said:So, I log into play some WvW to make a legendary weapon... (Im personally not a fan of WvW so thats the only reason im doing it) Im on Jade Quarry, a tier 1 server from what ive been told, but there is NEVER a commander on ANY map... before there use to be many commanders one pur map almost at all times...did WvW die any no one tell me?

Join a wvw guild on your server, they will point you in the right direction. You may even find yourself enjoying wvw more as part of the community rather then casual.

@Mil.3562 said:

And what is this rallybot cancer that people are starting to spread? Those pugs, roamers and solos that joined the commander are doing exactly what everyone else is doing. They fight enemies, build sieges, repair walls and revive downed allies. In fact, i noticed that there are some guilds whose members who revive only their own and no one else.

Really? That's counter intuitive to get others to join a guild lol.

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Roxanne.6140" said:There are commanders. They just run closed or tagless. Not all and not all the time, but it's getting to be the trend.

I'm currently running on SoR which is linked with JQ....

I don't believe this is in any way designed to get people to want to join "your" guild. So many guilds these days it seems are more fight focused, and what that means is trying to build groups of people that run specific builds and hopefully run them in the way that benefits the group as a whole and promotes more battle wins.

I have no problem with these sentiments actually. I am in one such guild and we run closed a lot of the time to "train" and to try to use our training to see how much we can withstand and win against bigger forces. It's fun, and intense, and I am a master at beaming to the waypoint!

Then we will very often run open squad and haul in a bunch of pugs and just have a free for all fun time. It's not all the time but it happens.

There are those people that do run open squads quite a bit and I haven't had problems finding them when I'm just in the mood for running around with a group taking everything we can. We win, we lose, we have fun, which is truly the only reason to play this or any game frankly.

Sometimes I'll pop a tag and if you see "Tim Loves Pugs" with a tag up you know it's militia time in that BL with absolutely zero guarantee of survival... but a definite guarantee of pips and fun if you can handle dying. :)

On HoD alot of our EU guilds run tagless. Mainly because our EU guilds are eternally at war with each other and /t and /m turn into a hissy fit if one of them comes into the same map as them with a tag up. During NA all the guilds run tagged and maneuver around each other resulting in better combat.

@"Rimu.7105" said:So, I log into play some WvW to make a legendary weapon... (Im personally not a fan of WvW so thats the only reason im doing it) Im on Jade Quarry, a tier 1 server from what ive been told, but there is NEVER a commander on ANY map... before there use to be many commanders one pur map almost at all times...did WvW die any no one tell me?

It takes 80 Potion of WvW Rewards to complete a reward track (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potion_of_WvW_Rewards)Doing WvW dailes gives a reward chest containing 1 or 2 of those.Many of the WvW dailies are easy to solo, specifically:

• Big Spender
  • Land Claimer (need to kill an enemy Sentry and cap the point)
  • Caravan Disruptor (just need to kill or tag and let someone else kill a Dolyak)
  • Master of Monuments (cap a shrine in any of the Borderland maps)

Chances are you will get at least 1 or 2 of those to pop each day, so if you figure an average of 2 potions received per day, that means you can complete a reward track for your Gift of Battle in 40 days without ever having to fight an enemy player.If you're unfamiliar with the WvW maps it can take a while before you know your way around, but you'll get there.

EDIT: disregard, I missed the OP's post about what he needed from WvW. But still, good info for anyone still working on GoB but hates WvW.

Archived