speed of shadows + unholy martyr

Stand The Wall.6987

The order in which traits apply themselves isn't known. However if you are planning on using Martyr for PvP, I can tell you that you don't need entry clear as the 5 condi draw isn't as big of a problem as you would think. I'm currently plat2 with a spite/martyr/reaper build.

@KrHome.1920 said:No one did test this yet, because SR/DM builds are probably the most useless necro builds you could run - the definition of a harmless punching bag.

Unholy Martyr is Blood Magic. But that doesn't really change the outcome of your statement.

Just tested. UM triggers first, drawing the conditions to you, then SoS triggers curing impairing conditions.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:No one did test this yet, because SR/DM builds are probably the most useless necro builds you could run - the definition of a harmless punching bag.

Unholy Martyr is Blood Magic. But that doesn't really change the outcome of your statement.

Just tested. UM triggers first, drawing the conditions to you, then SoS triggers curing impairing conditions.

awesome, thanks lahmia. been away from pc for too long D:

Well SR/DM is horrible in sPvP, but in WvW with Full Soldier Gear + Exuberance Rune + Deadly Strenght/Corrupter's Fervor/Death Perception, you reach enormous amount of Power with good Critical Chance in Shroud and nice Vulnerability/Might building... You are not for sure a Full Berserker, but you deal significantly amount of damage for sure, also being the most Tank possible Reaper...

But obviusly is mostly a Skirmish/Small Group Build.

@Harvest.4159 said:

Well SR/DM is horrible in sPvP, but in WvW with Full Soldier Gear + Exuberance Rune + Deadly Strenght/Corrupter's Fervor/Death Perception, you reach enormous amount of Power with good Critical Chance in Shroud and nice Vulnerability/Might building... You are not for sure a Full Berserker, but you deal significantly amount of damage for sure, also being the most Tank possible Reaper...

But the synergy is horrible. If you get toughness stacks from corrupters fervor you don't get increased power from deadly strength.

And with the build you described, i only get to 15% critchance. Which is horrible for a power build. We'll i don't know the exact build.But if don't think this is a good option.Only if you need a punching bag in your group, cause necros get focussed most of the time

@KrHome.1920 said:No one did test this yet, because SR/DM builds are probably the most useless necro builds you could run - the definition of a harmless punching bag.I meant SR/BM of course. Sorry for the confusion.

But for SR/DM I could say the same.

SR/DM/BM are mostly defensive or utility traitlines. Unless playing 100% supportive (which is generally not optimal on necro) I would never run a build that does not use Spite or Curses or even both. I know there is Meta Blood Sage - but that build is easy to counter.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:No one did test this yet, because SR/DM builds are probably the most useless necro builds you could run - the definition of a harmless punching bag.

But the synergy is horrible. If you get toughness stacks from corrupters fervor you don't get increased power from deadly strength.

And with the build you described, i only get to 15% critchance. Which is horrible for a power build. We'll i don't know the exact build.But if don't think this is a good option.Only if you need a punching bag in your group, cause necros get focussed most of the time

You get all the Traits that I mentioned in the Build, you do not need to choose between any of them, they are all in separate Column, you have both Deadly Strenght, Corrupter's Fervor AND Death Perception...And you get 65% Critical Strike Chance and like 2950 BASE Power (Maybe a little more (3000+), don't remember exactly) without counting any stack of Corrupter's Fervor/Might IN SHROUD, which your burst is in any case, and with all the Vitality and Toughness (Plus "Rise!"/"Spectral Armor"/Weakness Debuff from "You Are All Weaklings") your Shroud is not something squishy that burn out after two attacks, so you have all the time to do what you want.Anyway both when I use it in Solo-Roaming and in Small Group it perform really well, better than any normal Power Build...

@Harvest.4159 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:No one did test this yet, because SR/DM builds are probably the most useless necro builds you could run - the definition of a harmless punching bag.

You get all the Traits that I mentioned in the Build, you do not need to choose between any of them, they are all in separate Column, you have both Deadly Strenght, Corrupter's Fervor AND Death Perception...And you get 65% Critical Strike Chance and like 2950 BASE Power (Maybe a little more (3000+), don't remember exactly) without counting any stack of Corrupter's Fervor/Might IN SHROUD, which your burst is in any case, and with all the Vitality and Toughness (Plus "Rise!"/"Spectral Armor"/Weakness Debuff from "You Are All Weaklings") your Shroud is not something squishy that burn out after two attacks, so you have all the time to do what you want.Anyway both when I use it in Solo-Roaming and in Small Group it perform really well, better than any normal Power Build...

People dismiss DM too easily. It's really not bad. For WvW I'd argue it's usually better than BM on reaper since transfusion into melee gets people killed, and the sustain from the healing is just worse than the toughness.

The biggest take away for me on this thread are Exuberance Runes. At the moment, I'm running pack runes, but the added stats given from exuberance are almost identical. I bounced the skills editor against what I normally run and replaced spite with DM... Now I Just have to test whether the blighter's boon sustain (lol) is outshined by the DM stuff, and whether the damage loss from all the extra might is worth it. Looks fun though!

@Harvest.4159 said:

You get all the Traits that I mentioned in the Build, you do not need to choose between any of them, they are all in separate Column, you have both Deadly Strenght, Corrupter's Fervor AND Death Perception...And you get 65% Critical Strike Chance and like 2950 BASE Power (Maybe a little more (3000+), don't remember exactly) without counting any stack of Corrupter's Fervor/Might IN SHROUD, which your burst is in any case, and with all the Vitality and Toughness (Plus "Rise!"/"Spectral Armor"/Weakness Debuff from "You Are All Weaklings") your Shroud is not something squishy that burn out after two attacks, so you have all the time to do what you want.Anyway both when I use it in Solo-Roaming and in Small Group it perform really well, better than any normal Power Build...If you want to run a tanky but still hard hitting reaper, that gains crit chance via traits, a full (or mostly) cavalier spite/soul reaping/reaper build is still superior to your build as it's more straightforward and more flexible.

Your build does only hit hard in shroud, which is too one dimensional. Decent players will negate your whole pressure with ease once they realized how your build works.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

People dismiss DM too easily. It's really not bad. For WvW I'd argue it's usually better than BM on reaper since transfusion into melee gets people killed, and the sustain from the healing is just worse than the toughness.

There are other GMs in Blood Magic other than Transfusion you know.

@KrHome.1920 said:

You get all the Traits that I mentioned in the Build, you do not need to choose between any of them, they are all in separate Column, you have both Deadly Strenght, Corrupter's Fervor AND Death Perception...And you get 65% Critical Strike Chance and like 2950 BASE Power (Maybe a little more (3000+), don't remember exactly) without counting any stack of Corrupter's Fervor/Might IN SHROUD, which your burst is in any case, and with all the Vitality and Toughness (Plus "Rise!"/"Spectral Armor"/Weakness Debuff from "You Are All Weaklings") your Shroud is not something squishy that burn out after two attacks, so you have all the time to do what you want.Anyway both when I use it in Solo-Roaming and in Small Group it perform really well, better than any normal Power Build...If you want to run a tanky but still hard hitting reaper, that gains crit chance via traits, a full (or mostly) cavalier spite/soul reaping/reaper build is still superior to your build as it's more straightforward and more flexible.

Your build does only hit hard in shroud, which is too one dimensional. Decent players will negate your whole pressure with ease once they realized how your build works.

Not trying to be rude, since I really like constructive discussion...But I can say to have tried both builds, can you say the same?Before theorycrafting and say " hypothetical" scenario, try it... After that you can say which is better in WvW Roaming\Small Group...I know that the feel of "I want the Build that I use to be the best" \"I already made my gear" \"My Build is the best "\"All the people do something so I must do the same" can take over, but that is not how you improve...

The problem is that people are sheep and do whatever become more popular, and that happened hundreds of time... Even Blood Sage Scourge was said to be GARBAGE and everyone using that was a noob, and now is the best option... And that happened with like other 10 builds of different classes.

And obviusly the fact that this Build need so many precise things to work (Full Soldier Gear, Exuberance Runes and PRECISE Traits) does not help, since for example running the same traits without Full Soldier Gear and Exuberance Runes make the Build useless, so if people don't try it as it supposed to be it will end up in a "Oh I can't make it work!"

But obviusly it will end up as always since it's the internet with a "I already tried it one hour after the Reaper release, I know Everything and I'm right"... So pointless continue.

Archived