Ongoing issue with Black Lion Salvage Kits and Tomes...

Don't judge me too hard people, yes I'm a bit of a hoarder. But still, end game wise, do we need to keep getting these constantly? It sucks even more cause when I try to drag them out and delete, it makes me have to type out the full name of either one. Tomes I can tolerate a little more, but BL Salvage kits are a bigger issue. Mostly because you can only have stacks of 25, ackh so irritating >:/!!

We4X2ey.png

Perhaps make them vendor-able? Whereas, selling a stack of this stuff could be worth something, kind of like Mystic Coins or map tokens. Or even, allowing us to trade them in for stuffs with certain npcs?! And before any of you suggest using my tomes for key farming, Don't~ It's a hassle, tedious, and boring process!! I also have thousands of spirit shards too. And like I said, Tomes are really not a major issue as much as BL kits... (for now)

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:Use tomes to buy spirit shards from Miyani or how she's called. Just waste your bl kits to salvage exotics I suppose?

@Wuffy.9732 said:I also have thousands of spirit shards too. And like I said, Tomes are really not a major issue as much as BL kits... (for now)

I salvage most exotics I receive with my silver-fed golem. I did think about that though at one point, but don't wanna spend gold to do so. I have tons of Karma, would be glad if anet allowed us to just salvage karma vendor exotics again :expressionless: .

The real solution to Tomes would be to add a proper sink for Spirit Shards, one that does not retain its value by being tedious (material promotion).

An option I would love for BLSK would be to create a MF recepie to make a 100-use kit.What you can do right now however, is to salvage ecto. With a BLSK it usually gives dust worth more than the cost of ecto, and if you haven't already maxed out Luck, you get a good chunk. Of course, always keep a kit or two! I find they come in streaks, with some quite long dry spells.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:The real solution to Tomes would be to add a proper sink for Spirit Shards, one that does not retain its value by being tedious (material promotion).

An option I would love for BLSK would be to create a MF recepie to make a 100-use kit.What you can do right now however, is to salvage ecto. With a BLSK it usually gives dust worth more than the cost of ecto, and if you haven't already maxed out Luck, you get a good chunk. Of course, always keep a kit or two! I find they come in streaks, with some quite long dry spells.

Those are actually some good ideas and recommendations! Yeah it would be great if we could combine BL-kits in the forge and stack em, similar to Mystic Salvage Kits.

I also totally keep forgetting ectos can be salvaged... I used to keep them and sell em, or gamble. But now, with market killing their value, it's probably better to just salvage them, as you may have a good point... And yes, personally I keep BL-kits because of the 100% return chance. Usually to claim valuable sigils or rune from anything important.

@Wuffy.9732 said:Don't judge me too hard people, yes I'm a bit of a hoarder. But still, end game wise, do we need to keep getting these constantly? It sucks even more cause when I try to drag them out and delete, it makes me have to type out the full name of either one. Tomes I can tolerate a little more, but BL Salvage kits are a bigger issue. Mostly because you can only have stacks of 25, ackh so irritating >:/!!

Perhaps make them vendor-able? Whereas, selling a stack of this stuff could be worth something, kind of like Mystic Coins or map tokens. Or even, allowing us to trade them in for stuffs with certain npcs?! And before any of you suggest using my tomes for key farming, Don't~ It's a hassle, tedious, and boring process!! I also have thousands of spirit shards too. And like I said, Tomes are really not a major issue as much as BL kits... (for now)

You can use the Black Lion Salvage Kits to get globs of ectoplasm. If you get items that are level 68 or higher and their quality is rare or higher then you have a higher chance of getting 1-3 globs of ectoplasm. That's what I use those salvage kits for instead of buying globs of the trading post.

You know, there is a simple (at least intellectually simple) way to fix two problems with one solution. There have been a couple of threads recently about spirit shards and such. So to solve the problem, add a vendor that lets you trade spirit shards for black lion salvage kits. I'd still leave them in the login rewards, but maybe cut their drop rate in half - that lets them still drop for people that are short on shards, reduces the number everyone has to deal with, and gives the spirit shard rich a way to get a black lion salvage kit when they need one and can't get one to drop.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"Wuffy.9732" said:Don't judge me too hard people, yes I'm a bit of a hoarder. But still, end game wise, do we need to keep getting these constantly? It sucks even more cause when I try to drag them out and delete, it makes me have to type out the full name of either one. Tomes I can tolerate a little more, but BL Salvage kits are a bigger issue. Mostly because you can only have stacks of 25, ackh so irritating >:/!!

You can use the Black Lion Salvage Kits to get globs of ectoplasm. If you get items that are level 68 or higher and their quality is rare or higher then you have a higher chance of getting 1-3 globs of ectoplasm. That's what I use those salvage kits for instead of buying globs of the trading post.

There are also a few expensive sigils and runes only available via salvage, and those BLSKs have a 100 percent chance of returning one. You can check out https://www.gw2shinies.com/shiny-salvage for the details, which is basically "easy money" if you have the kits already.

I put 1 BLSK on each character (1 of each class). Yes, it's probably wasteful slot-wise, but I find it's handy to have one to allow me to salvage exotics that drop in the field. I had amassed about 15 extra ones beyond that and I finally decided to blow through a bunch of those to salvage ectos into dust. Now I just keep about 1 to 2 in my bank beyond those on my toons, and blow the new ones on ectos salvaging.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:You know, there is a simple (at least intellectually simple) way to fix two problems with one solution. There have been a couple of threads recently about spirit shards and such. So to solve the problem, add a vendor that lets you trade spirit shards for black lion salvage kits. I'd still leave them in the login rewards, but maybe cut their drop rate in half - that lets them still drop for people that are short on shards, reduces the number everyone has to deal with, and gives the spirit shard rich a way to get a black lion salvage kit when they need one and can't get one to drop.

That's not really a solution for those of us who have the problem of getting both too many shards and already have more than enough BLSKs.

Archived