Soulbeast immune to scourge damage

Avengedeath.4671

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Are you playing power or condi? If power, it's possible he had just popped Signet of Stone: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Stone, but the duration is only 3 seconds.

Soulbeast can also use a stout pet and/or a bear to get even more immunity to power damage. Black bear for example adds up to seven seconds of immunity to power damage since it's both a bear and a stout pet.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defy_Pain_(soulbeast) (Edit: the forum doesn't want to recognize this full link for some reason, but if you copy and paste to go to the page instead of clicking, it'll go to the soulbeast version of Defy Pain instead of the pet version clicking the link takes you to)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unflinching_Fortitude

Signet shouldn't say "immune" when you strike, it pops 0's. Were you attacking them by their spawn area? You get the "immune" floater attacking someone inside the protected area where they have the Determined buff.

Otherwise, yeah, it would be some kind of bug.

@"Avengedeath.4671" said:I play scourge. fought a soulbeast today and did 0 damage. looked at my combat log and all of my attacks were 0 until I was downed. every time I attacked it kept saying "immune". I know nothing about soulbeast, how is this possible? ty for input.

dolyak stance make SoulB immune to cripple,chill and immo. Maybe it popped up when you casted your cripple on him.

@coglin.1496 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:its not possible, something like that can be only achieved by hacking.

It is extremely possible. This can be done by any profession with range skills. Players exploit WvW locations all the time and sit in immune spots and range. For all we know, that is the case here.

Well i supposed the OP wouldnt complain in this cases:

• attacking the enemy in their respawn with the invulnerable buff.
  • attacking the enemy when placed on their lord of a tower or camp with invulnerable buff.

Any other way, no the ranger can not show the message "invulnerable", there is no skill it can show that. SoS and the trait still shows numbers, just those numbers are 0.Other classes have invulnerable traits and skills, rangers do not.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:its not possible, something like that can be only achieved by hacking.

It is extremely possible. This can be done by any profession with range skills. Players exploit WvW locations all the time and sit in immune spots and range. For all we know, that is the case here.

• attacking the enemy when placed on their lord of a tower or camp with invulnerable buff.

Any other way, no the ranger can not show the message "invulnerable", there is no skill it can show that. SoS and the trait still shows numbers, just those numbers are 0.Other classes have invulnerable traits and skills, rangers do not.

Yes rangers do have access to INVULNERABLE...

@anduriell.6280 said:its not possible, something like that can be only achieved by hacking.

any sylvari can be invulnerable with take root and i have seen this one in use on pretty much any class already. and the OP said 0's and immune not invulnerable.

he said 0s wich can be from SoS , bears or stout pets while the immune can be soft cc immunity from a stance or immunity to fear by resistance/stability. probably tho the stance as scourge is applying cripple with so many attacks that a cripple immunity will cause alot of 'immune' messages.> @anduriell.6280 said:

If you're using a scourge I presume you were dumping (or trying to dump) condition damage on them. To my knowledge, there is nothing in the soulbeast's arsenal that allows them to be immune to condition damage. Actually there is a special attack that grants them immunity to conditions for a very short time, but they still should have been taken physical damage.

My best is they either had the determined buff or they're hacking.

Archived