Support FB, Harrier or Ministrel ?

owdasy.3170

I, I haven't played guardian since Vanila, and I want to start playing again as full suport (but still be able to do stuff solo AKA World PvE :P

But now I have a dilema, don't know what to choose here, the Harrier as power, and more concentration then Ministrel, but Ministrel as more healing 0 power and also less concentration.

What is you opinion on this guys ? What should I go for this ? Since I have everything rdy to craft ascended wanted to craft it today :D

Thanks in advance

If you want to do solo stuff without falling asleep, I don't know whether minstrel is a great idea. Harrier is probably a bit better, but likely not much. One thing you may still consider is seraph gear - it is a bit weaker support-wise, but has a lot more offensive potential. Condi scales better with FB than power does.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:If you want to do solo stuff without falling asleep, I don't know whether minstrel is a great idea. Harrier is probably a bit better, but likely not much. One thing you may still consider is seraph gear - it is a bit weaker support-wise, but has a lot more offensive potential. Condi scales better with FB than power does.

Thanks, will check that prefix.

@reikken.4961 said:Harrier can kill really fast solo if you take Radiance (retaliation crit trait) since you have permanent quickness and 85% crit chanceit's my favorite guard build. you can destroy stuff solo and still support a party

Thanks, Can you elaborate a little more ? Haven't played guardian since Vanilla :P still getting used to it hehe, if possible with a GW2 Build Editor if you have the spare time for it.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:I just wouldn't recommend a support build for any class for open world.

Thanks, and isn't just to open world, I will be mainly doing stuff on Dgn/Fractal to get used to the guardian again then Raids and do stuff on open world (but on this I rarely go solo on open world) but don't want to make ascended for a build and another ascended gear for another and so one, that's the main reason to come here :D and ask some help hehe

@aceofbass.2163 said:Try apothecary or if using force of will trait, try using shaman. IMO concentration isn't much important in OWPVE or to FB for that matter.

Well having quickness up on the all party (in case if there is missing a Chrono, was my main character since HoT) I can put the party with perm quickness on Dgn and Fractals. like I told on a previous anwser, I just don't want to make a full gear ascended for this and another for that and so one, since I'm rly unlucky on drops and such on the game It would take me ages for the second gear of ascended hehe

For example on my Chrono (Leadership build), on the other day doing Fractal lvl 75 and carrying 2 person, me and the other 2 guys could make it without any problems, I could give some nice heal, the quickness and alacrity a must during that fight on the last boss and I would still did some nice damage (skill 3 on sword giving 15k on total each time :D

@owdasy.3170 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:If you want to do solo stuff without falling asleep, I don't know whether minstrel is a great idea. Harrier is probably a bit better, but likely not much. One thing you may still consider is seraph gear - it is a bit weaker support-wise, but has a lot more offensive potential. Condi scales better with FB than power does.

Thanks, will check that prefix.

@reikken.4961 said:Harrier can kill really fast solo if you take Radiance (retaliation crit trait) since you have permanent quickness and 85% crit chanceit's my favorite guard build. you can destroy stuff solo and still support a party

Thanks, Can you elaborate a little more ? Haven't played guardian since Vanilla :P still getting used to it hehe, if possible with a GW2 Build Editor if you have the spare time for it.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:I just wouldn't recommend a support build for any class for open world.

Thanks, and isn't just to open world, I will be mainly doing stuff on Dgn/Fractal to get used to the guardian again then Raids and do stuff on open world (but on this I rarely go solo on open world) but don't want to make ascended for a build and another ascended gear for another and so one, that's the main reason to come here :D and ask some help hehe

@aceofbass.2163 said:Try apothecary or if using force of will trait, try using shaman. IMO concentration isn't much important in OWPVE or to FB for that matter.

Well having quickness up on the all party (in case if there is missing a Chrono, was my main character since HoT) I can put the party with perm quickness on Dgn and Fractals. like I told on a previous anwser, I just don't want to make a full gear ascended for this and another for that and so one, since I'm rly unlucky on drops and such on the game It would take me ages for the second gear of ascended hehe

For example on my Chrono (Leadership build), on the other day doing Fractal lvl 75 and carrying 2 person, me and the other 2 guys could make it without any problems, I could give some nice heal, the quickness and alacrity a must during that fight on the last boss and I would still did some nice damage (skill 3 on sword giving 15k on total each time :D

ah I was fixated on you using it on OWPVE. For fractals, I highly recommend seraphs as it has precision, condi dmg (for offense) and healing, concentration(for support). Win win combination.

@"reikken.4961" said:Harrier can kill really fast solo if you take Radiance (retaliation crit trait) since you have permanent quickness and 85% crit chanceit's my favorite guard build. you can destroy stuff solo and still support a party

sure. here's an example build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAsdSnsADFBjNCDGCBkCjF+BbPj+RPpWPgx1eCLAMDKCA-jxBFQBSV5XS2fAAnCgrqE8APBAfqPApq/IKIYD-esword 2 for fury, heal and quickness mantra for the rest of your damage buffs. elite mantra to ensure 100% retal uptime

Use Harrier in Pve.If you play full heal/support (virtues honor), obviously you have tons of aegis that prevent heal, and with harrier, altruisme runes, sigils, food, the mace trait, etc you have ;Heal/seconde : Battle Presence +400/s +Regen +600/s + Writ of persistence +400/s = 1400~1600/sStrong heals : Aegis +2500, Water sigil (5s) +2100, F2#4 +4500, F2#1 (spammable)+4000, Mace (~3.80s) +2000, Dodge Roll +3200 ... And I forgot somes.Aegis : mace #3 (double block), shield #4, #6 F3#2 F3#5.It's juste insane and you absolutely don't need more healing power.

If you don't need all theses heals, you can take some berzerk trinkets, Radiance spe and use sigils of concentration to get 99.xx% duration, ~90% precision and make some damage.

But yes, avoid it in PUGB as it has small radius ... and no fame. It works great with 4 DPS or 3DPS +chronoDPS otherwise.

@owdasy.3170 said:Thanks for all the help :D and time spended to help me out on this :D

Best advice would be to get you armour and weapons in viper stats or zerker. This is the stat requested by raids for guardians. Then fill whatever support stats you want with the trinket and back slot since they are easily resettable or very easy to get a new pair. This was you can get pretty close to a support build without locking your expensive armour to a stat raids wont take.

@owdasy.3170 said:

@"Ragnarox.9601" said:harrier armor and weapons, cele trinkets. kills everything while being tanky.Radiance, honor, FB.

Thanks, its possible if you have the time, a GW2 Build Editor for it ?!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8ensADNCj1BDGBDkCjF+BDLAMDKC7b0Q6J16BMu2TA-jFSBQBXVFnN8EAakSQAcRAaquBFqeQZU+Fo9HCAcAc+5ZezDO/8zP/8z767v/+7v/+7v/+7LFgZCtA-w

• 3 weeks later...

@Ragnarox.9601 said:

@Ragnarox.9601 said:harrier armor and weapons, cele trinkets. kills everything while being tanky.Radiance, honor, FB.

Thanks, its possible if you have the time, a GW2 Build Editor for it ?!

The gist of it is nice and works reasonably well; but what is that optimization. Half harrier, half minstrel, half celestial with traveller runes and hydromancy sigils... :trollface:

Remove traveller runes. Completely worthless; you can stack more than 1 minute of swiftness by going F3 tome and pressing 1 on yourself and allies.Lacking swiftness on harrier / minstrel FB is a L2P issue which no runes can fix.

The same is true for gear. Celestial & minstrel aren't needed nor beneficial. Remove everything that says "celestial" for PvE and pick more useful stats. Remove hydromancy. Remove minstrel. If you desperately need more hp, add some valkery as your crit will be relatively high either way. Add more harrier and some zerk to attempt 100% crit, higher boon dura, higher power, higher healing power and better overall DPS. Replace runes with something useful like scholar, leadership or surging.

Bad build choices don't fix L2P issues; they exacerbate them. I'd also choose some other utilities than 5x mantras for PvE.Your build is pretty close to the harrier FB PvP build tho ;)

Archived