Question to Condi-Survivability Build Comparison [PvE/WvW Roaming]

Phosphorite.6192

Greetings fellow Thieves!

Soon I'll finally have a full set of ascended armor and I'm contemplating the stat-combo for my build. Right now I have a Dire/Trailblazer combination for my condi build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAoYnsMBFNhdNB2FD8PhlWCz7N0GiC8Nzr52ULAcAWAA-jxhPABLoyhyqjAw+Dir8AdlYCrHoelgBAQAuYLGACYxLexAA-e

However with the ascended armor, I was thinking about switching to a Shaman/Settler combo bc Healing Power seems like a cool thing to have. However that would mean to sacrifice my Expertise (and switch from Krait runes to Undead runes to mitigate the condipower loss a bit). Something like that:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAoYnsMBFNhdNB2FD8PhlWCjvZeN3maBgDwCw7N0GiCA-jRRTABkrEUK1f8RPw1K/AY/hAAIAXsFDAAA-e

This is obviously nowhere near Meta but I like being a bit less squishy. Do you think it's any good to go for healing power for more sustain or should I just go for full Trailblazer with the new ascended armor instead?

@"Phosphorite.6192" said:Greetings fellow Thieves!

Soon I'll finally have a full set of ascended armor and I'm contemplating the stat-combo for my build. Right now I have a Dire/Trailblazer combination for my condi build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAoYnsMBFNhdNB2FD8PhlWCz7N0GiC8Nzr52ULAcAWAA-jxhPABLoyhyqjAw+Dir8AdlYCrHoelgBAQAuYLGACYxLexAA-e

However with the ascended armor, I was thinking about switching to a Shaman/Settler combo bc Healing Power seems like a cool thing to have. However that would mean to sacrifice my Expertise (and switch from Krait runes to Undead runes to mitigate the condipower loss a bit). Something like that:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAoYnsMBFNhdNB2FD8PhlWCjvZeN3maBgDwCw7N0GiCA-jRRTABkrEUK1f8RPw1K/AY/hAAIAXsFDAAA-e

This is obviously nowhere near Meta but I like being a bit less squishy. Do you think it's any good to go for healing power for more sustain or should I just go for full Trailblazer with the new ascended armor instead?

I used a Shamans/settler apothecray mix in a build similar to yours. I would make a few changes in your build such as taking SOM but the build outperforms dire or trailblazer. If you face a similar thief build you will win outright as there no way is small advantages can make up for your added heals. The build allows UBERFAST and perfectly safe ways to flip camps solo. You can often fight two or three people at once to a standstill and come out on top dependent on their skill level. Indeed if you are to flip a camp filled with guards and a few enemies show it better to fight them IN The camp to proc more heals and evades.

That said your choices in TR are not helpful to your build. If going TR you would want uncatchable BT and BA. I personally liked ACRO as it especially effective when used against other condition builds wherein PR , GI and don't stop were especially useful. You second build has Zero cleanses and having played one it rather easy to counter. I would simply use p/d condition to time a steal for your vulnerable frames and then kite. I would mix the steals in with immobs off pistol 2 and pile on conditions.

Back to expertise. In a d/d condition build I found it not needed. Your poison base is high enough with Potent poison traited and the 10 seconds base duration on bleeds off DB is fine.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@"Phosphorite.6192" said:Greetings fellow Thieves!

Soon I'll finally have a full set of ascended armor and I'm contemplating the stat-combo for my build. Right now I have a Dire/Trailblazer combination for my condi build:

However with the ascended armor, I was thinking about switching to a Shaman/Settler combo bc Healing Power seems like a cool thing to have. However that would mean to sacrifice my Expertise (and switch from Krait runes to Undead runes to mitigate the condipower loss a bit). Something like that:

I used a Shamans/settler apothecray mix in a build similar to yours. I would make a few changes in your build such as taking SOM but the build outperforms dire or trailblazer. If you face a similar thief build you will win outright as there no way is small advantages can make up for your added heals. The build allows UBERFAST and perfectly safe ways to flip camps solo. You can often fight two or three people at once to a standstill and come out on top dependent on their skill level. Indeed if you are to flip a camp filled with guards and a few enemies show it better to fight them IN The camp to proc more heals and evades.

That said your choices in TR are not helpful to your build. If going TR you would want uncatchable BT and BA. I personally liked ACRO as it especially effective when used against other condition builds wherein PR , GI and don't stop were especially useful. You second build has Zero cleanses and having played one it rather easy to counter. I would simply use p/d condition to time a steal for your vulnerable frames and then kite. I would mix the steals in with immobs off pistol 2 and pile on conditions.

Back to expertise. In a d/d condition build I found it not needed. Your poison base is high enough with Potent poison traited and the 10 seconds base duration on bleeds off DB is fine.

Thank you for your advice! I wish there was an easy way to test out builds in a PvE environment without having to get all the equip together.

To your build suggestions: I usually use TotC instead of Uncatchable when I'm in a group, fractals for example. When I'm solo I switch to Uncatchable. ACRO would probably help me a lot in WvW, you're right. I use Trickery and QP therein mostly for the big amount of Ini I get in combination with MI and M7 in DE. Being able to pretty much non-stop spam 3 just feels soo good xD

I had p/d as a second set before but rn I only use d/d and switch the set on cooldown to get the most out of QP and my Geomancy sigils and either Doom sigils for poison or, with the healpower stat, leeching for more sustain.

Archived