Stolen Boons should use the initial caster's stats

Hot Boy.7138

If I steal regeneration from that Mender's ele/guardian/ engineer, etc. I should receive the same intensity per tick of healing. Instead, when I steal boons, regeneration to be specific, it uses my own stats. It makes boon steal half worth it.

I'm a mesmer, and use Arcane Thievery to steal boons. I'm assuming all other boon steal skills are the same in that they aren't using the initial caster's stats.

if u steal 3 boons for example:25 stacks of might40 Seconds of swiftness10 seconds of Regeneration

u will recive:1 stack of might7 seconds swiftness2.5 seconds of Regeneration

and those are based on ur own stats instead of the caster. this is obviously because u dont steal the boons but u rip them off the target and at the same time cast those boons u ripped off onto urself

@norbes.3620 said:if u steal 3 boons for example:25 stacks of might40 Seconds of swiftness10 seconds of Regeneration

and those are based on ur own stats instead of the caster. this is obviously because u dont steal the boons but u rip them off the target and at the same time cast those boons u ripped off onto urself

When I steal boons, i get the full stack and whatever duration is left on them. The issue i have is the intensity of the boon regeneration. It doesn't use the intial caster's healing power. It uses my own healing power, and i have 0 healing power on my amulet. When stealing boons, it should tick for the same HP as it would on the initial caster. They have the tech. This just seems like an oversight to me.

@Sampson.2403 said:When a thief steals im assuming the buffs are basted on his stats and not the initial caster as well?

Not sure. I do know that thieves are able to share poisons with teammates that uses their condition stats. But idk about their boon steal. In any case, no matter the class, anyone that steals a boon should be receiving said boon with the initial caster's duration and intensity.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@norbes.3620 said:if u steal 3 boons for example:25 stacks of might40 Seconds of swiftness10 seconds of Regeneration

When I steal boons, i get the full stack and whatever duration is left on them. The issue i have is the intensity of the boon regeneration. It doesn't use the intial caster's healing power. It uses my own healing power, and i have 0 healing power on my amulet. When stealing boons, it should tick for the same HP as it would on the initial caster. They have the tech. This just seems like an oversight to me.

I've been saying that for a long time and this can also apply to condi transfer such as plague signet. if i am playing power reaper, get opened up on by a scourge and am ticking for 3k+ a second, hit plague signet, he is barely being tickled. I had to use that plague just to save my life and he has to barely blink an eye because I have no condition power even though I was being roasted alive by his. Just doesn't feel right

@Jalal.6783 said:

I've been saying that for a long time and this can also apply to condi transfer such as plague signet. if i am playing power reaper, get opened up on by a scourge and am ticking for 3k+ a second, hit plague signet, he is barely being tickled. I had to use that plague just to save my life and he has to barely blink an eye because I have no condition power even though I was being roasted alive by his. Just doesn't feel right

Exactly. It should also work for sending conditions back to a target. The transferred conditions and boons should use the initial caster's stats. thank you for pointing this out.

But retaliation is also working with the caster's strength too... imagine a zerker SB's maul reflect. Pew. :trollface:

Wait, I'd like that actually!

€: On topic, I don't think condition classes need another nerf and direct damage classes another buff. It is just some build being crappy, dont punish my sage ele even more. :/

@Hot Boy.7138 said:If I steal regeneration from that Mender's ele/guardian/ engineer, etc. I should receive the same intensity per tick of healing. Instead, when I steal boons, regeneration to be specific, it uses my own stats. It makes boon steal half worth it.

I'm a mesmer, and use Arcane Thievery to steal boons. I'm assuming all other boon steal skills are the same in that they aren't using the initial caster's stats.

a broken OP mesmmer complaining about not being full god mode

I > @megilandil.7506 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:If I steal regeneration from that Mender's ele/guardian/ engineer, etc. I should receive the same intensity per tick of healing. Instead, when I steal boons, regeneration to be specific, it uses my own stats. It makes boon steal half worth it.

mesmers aren't the only class with boon steal. Everyoone can boon steal with the Sigil of Absorption, that I also use. Go be bitter on another post. This post is an objective perspective on boon and condition transfers.

I wanted add that reflecting conditions back, such as reflecting a ranger's shortbow autos should use the ranger's stats, and not my own.

So boon and condition transfer, and condition reflects should always use the initial caster's stats.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I > @megilandil.7506 said:

mesmers aren't the only class with boon steal. Everyoone can boon steal with the Sigil of Absorption, that I also use. Go be bitter on another post. This post is an objective perspective on boon and condition transfers.

I wanted add that reflecting conditions back, such as reflecting a ranger's shortbow autos should use the ranger's stats, and not my own.

So boon and condition transfer, and condition reflects should always use the initial caster's stats.

I would at least say whats left in tics after it's been transferred. Not a full reset from the caster.

@Sampson.2403 said:When a thief steals im assuming the buffs are basted on his stats and not the initial caster as well?

bountiful theft steals single boons and normal duration thuugh you will lose all might stacks and might for example, thief will only get 1 stack of each. LS steals what it does with what ever stacks you had + duration (not sure on healing power regen though

@Highlie.7641 said:

Yup, The duration is reset to i believe, (it's been awhile since this change so i'm not 100% sure though)

Duration isn't reset when tranferring conditions and boons. The duration left on the boon is all the time that is left on it. I dont think that should be changed. I'm only proposing that the strength , or intensity, of the boons/conditions that were transferred/reflected remain the same between the intial caster and the one who steals/transfers it. It just makes sense.

To simply the issue, i'll use an analogy. Currently, if you steal a 100 dollar bill from a person, it instantly becomes a 20 dollar bill in your pocket. I'm only suggesting the 100 dollar bill that you still remain 100 dollars.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

Yup, The duration is reset to i believe, (it's been awhile since this change so i'm not 100% sure though)

Duration isn't reset when tranferring conditions and boons. The duration left on the boon is all the time that is left on it. I dont think that should be changed. I'm only proposing that the strength , or intensity, of the boons/conditions that were transferred/reflected remain the same between the intial caster and the one who steals/transfers it. It just makes sense. And if you are reflecting damage, shouldn't it do the same damage to the initial caster that it would have done to you. Transferring should work the same way.

To simplify the issue, i'll use an analogy. Currently, if you steal a 100 dollar bill from a person, it instantly becomes a 20 dollar bill in your pocket. I'm only suggesting the 100 dollar bill that you steal remain 100 dollars.

something went wrong with the edit, it made a new post

• 1 year later...

Another post I wanted to dig up cause I think it's still relevant. Boon and conditions transfer should use the initial caster's stats. Sending conditions back to the scourge should hit them as hard as it would have hit me. Stealing regeneration from that heal firebrand should heal me for just as much as it would have healed him.