Can we PLEASE have a warning for expensive items on the TP? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can we PLEASE have a warning for expensive items on the TP?

I was unlocking skins this evening by buying medium and heavy armor off the TP that I didn't have. When I was buying the Iron Legion heavy armor, I accidentally spent 60g on the shoulders. I hadn't realized that they were so hard to get (the rest of the set is craftable so it's only 5-30 silver) and just blindly bought them- then saw that I had gone down from 100g to 40g. Buying useless green armor. I stupidly salvaged them before looking it up on the wiki and finding out I could get the skin for a few medals of honor.

So can we please have some sort of warning? Maybe if you're buying something that's over 1/3 or 1/2 your current amount of gold, and you have over 10g? Or maybe if you're buying a white/blue/green for over 10g? Or just the option to set your own warnings? I'm just frustrated because I wanted that gold to go towards something more useful, like the legendary I'm working on.

Comments

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2018

    I hate confirmation dialogs, especially as developer tend to place them on the wrong decisions. GW2 has much to many of them already, e.g. "Do you really want to leave the PVP Lobby". Of course! And even if I don't answering the dialog takes longer than reentering it.

    On the other side a self-settable threshold for max-spending without confirmation would be nice. I liked on the pre-wallet time that you could deposit gold on the bank, that wasn't automatically spend.

  • artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

    @Plautze.6290 said:

    @Dayra.7405 said:
    I hate confirmation dialogs, especially as developer tend to place them on the wrong decisions. GW2 has much to many of them already, e.g. "Do you really want to leave the PVP Lobby". Of course! And even if I don't answering the dialog takes longer than reentering it.

    On the other side a self-settable threshold for max-spending without confirmation would be nice. I liked on the pre-wallet time that you could deposit gold on the bank, that wasn't automatically spend.

    After all, we can still be happy that the Devs didn't make us type in "I want to leave the PvP Lobby" as they do when we want to delete certain items =)

    Lol, that was so funny! 😂

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mourningcry.9428 said:

    @Atelia.4852 said:
    I was unlocking skins this evening by buying medium and heavy armor off the TP that I didn't have. When I was buying the Iron Legion heavy armor, I accidentally spent 60g on the shoulders. I hadn't realized that they were so hard to get (the rest of the set is craftable so it's only 5-30 silver) and just blindly bought them- then saw that I had gone down from 100g to 40g. Buying useless green armor. I stupidly salvaged them before looking it up on the wiki and finding out I could get the skin for a few medals of honor.

    So can we please have some sort of warning? Maybe if you're buying something that's over 1/3 or 1/2 your current amount of gold, and you have over 10g? Or maybe if you're buying a white/blue/green for over 10g? Or just the option to set your own warnings? I'm just frustrated because I wanted that gold to go towards something more useful, like the legendary I'm working on.

    60g sent your way.

    Good luck on your Legendary.

    That's a really, really fantastic thing to do, such a nice change from the standard reaction on these forums.

    I don't know about the OP but you made me feel a little better about the world today, thanks!

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Mourningcry.9428 said:

    @Atelia.4852 said:
    I was unlocking skins this evening by buying medium and heavy armor off the TP that I didn't have. When I was buying the Iron Legion heavy armor, I accidentally spent 60g on the shoulders. I hadn't realized that they were so hard to get (the rest of the set is craftable so it's only 5-30 silver) and just blindly bought them- then saw that I had gone down from 100g to 40g. Buying useless green armor. I stupidly salvaged them before looking it up on the wiki and finding out I could get the skin for a few medals of honor.

    So can we please have some sort of warning? Maybe if you're buying something that's over 1/3 or 1/2 your current amount of gold, and you have over 10g? Or maybe if you're buying a white/blue/green for over 10g? Or just the option to set your own warnings? I'm just frustrated because I wanted that gold to go towards something more useful, like the legendary I'm working on.

    60g sent your way.

    Good luck on your Legendary.

    That's a really, really fantastic thing to do, such a nice change from the standard reaction on these forums.

    I don't know about the OP but you made me feel a little better about the world today, thanks!

    You can send me eternity anytime if you want to feel even better.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kheldorn.5123 said:

    @Pifil.5193 said:

    @Mourningcry.9428 said:

    @Atelia.4852 said:
    I was unlocking skins this evening by buying medium and heavy armor off the TP that I didn't have. When I was buying the Iron Legion heavy armor, I accidentally spent 60g on the shoulders. I hadn't realized that they were so hard to get (the rest of the set is craftable so it's only 5-30 silver) and just blindly bought them- then saw that I had gone down from 100g to 40g. Buying useless green armor. I stupidly salvaged them before looking it up on the wiki and finding out I could get the skin for a few medals of honor.

    So can we please have some sort of warning? Maybe if you're buying something that's over 1/3 or 1/2 your current amount of gold, and you have over 10g? Or maybe if you're buying a white/blue/green for over 10g? Or just the option to set your own warnings? I'm just frustrated because I wanted that gold to go towards something more useful, like the legendary I'm working on.

    60g sent your way.

    Good luck on your Legendary.

    That's a really, really fantastic thing to do, such a nice change from the standard reaction on these forums.

    I don't know about the OP but you made me feel a little better about the world today, thanks!

    You can send me eternity anytime if you want to feel even better.

    I'll bear that in mind. :tongue:

  • Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Even if we did what OP said, what is expensive for one player may be a Thursday afternoon for another.

    "That's what" -- She

  • Tajiseed.7831Tajiseed.7831 Member ✭✭✭

    A tip I learned from the old days playing EVE Online is "don't risk what you can't afford to lose".

    In this case you maybe have too much gold, so could
    A) invest in assets (e.g. mystic coins) and deposit them
    B) put on some buy orders
    C) buy stuff for your legendary and place it in bank/safe alt.

    Well done to @Mourningcry.9428 for reimbursing you, worst I've done is vendor an ascended weapon when clearing out the sigils after salvaging (yes I know invisible bags exist!).

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dayra.7405 said:
    I hate confirmation dialogs, especially as developer tend to place them on the wrong decisions. GW2 has much to many of them already, e.g. "Do you really want to leave the PVP Lobby". Of course! And even if I don't answering the dialog takes longer than reentering it.

    On the other side a self-settable threshold for max-spending without confirmation would be nice. I liked on the pre-wallet time that you could deposit gold on the bank, that wasn't automatically spend.

    You can still do that just put in a buy order for a chac egg sack for 100-2k gold noone is going to sell that to you.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I shudder to think how many precursors have been salvaged because players only saw 'an exotic' weapon, and didn't think to read the text at the bottom, or check the price on the TP first.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2018

    @Atelia.4852 said:
    So can we please have some sort of warning?

    I think the fact that you made that mistake was the warning, to not do it again in the future, trust me I've made a million mistakes like this one and all you can do is try to learn from them, this game is full of these potholes that you can fall into, it's very easy to make mistakes and lose gold even when you know what you are doing. Don't wait for Arenanet to make things easier for you, because they won't, you just have to learn the hard way and be more precise in what you are doing.

  • Atelia.4852Atelia.4852 Member ✭✭

    @Mourningcry.9428 said:
    60g sent your way.

    Good luck on your Legendary.

    Thank you so much. I'll definitely be more careful next time, and look for some way to invest my gold so this doesn't happen again.

  • @Pifil.5193 said:>
    That's a really, really fantastic thing to do, such a nice change from the standard reaction on these forums.

    I don't know about the OP but you made me feel a little better about the world today, thanks!

    Lol. I had the opposite reaction.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Atelia.4852 said:

    @Mourningcry.9428 said:
    60g sent your way.

    Good luck on your Legendary.

    Thank you so much. I'll definitely be more careful next time, and look for some way to invest my gold so this doesn't happen again.

    Just save the gold and look twice before spending. If investing means buying items off trading post, be very well aware of the trading post fees when you want to resell the item(s) later and the risk you take that the goods lowered in price while you were holding them. Most items tend to go down in price over time in this game.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • @Atelia.4852 said:

    @Mourningcry.9428 said:
    60g sent your way.

    Good luck on your Legendary.

    Thank you so much. I'll definitely be more careful next time, and look for some way to invest my gold so this doesn't happen again.

    A good way to put gold away out of your wallet is to place buy orders that is obviously not going to fill. Like up to a couple hundred gold for a legendary, or a chak egg sac or similar item. When you want the gold, just cancel the buy order - no fees or anything else taking a cut.

  • Atelia.4852Atelia.4852 Member ✭✭

    @TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    Just save the gold and look twice before spending. If investing means buying items off trading post, be very well aware of the trading post fees when you want to resell the item(s) later and the risk you take that the goods lowered in price while you were holding them. Most items tend to go down in price over time in this game.

    Ah, you make a good point. I'd like to find some way to put gold away so I don't accidentally spend it again, though.

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:
    A good way to put gold away out of your wallet is to place buy orders that is obviously not going to fill. Like up to a couple hundred gold for a legendary, or a chak egg sac or similar item. When you want the gold, just cancel the buy order - no fees or anything else taking a cut.

    Hm. I might have to give this a try. Thanks for the advice!

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Atelia.4852 said:

    @TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    Just save the gold and look twice before spending. If investing means buying items off trading post, be very well aware of the trading post fees when you want to resell the item(s) later and the risk you take that the goods lowered in price while you were holding them. Most items tend to go down in price over time in this game.

    Ah, you make a good point. I'd like to find some way to put gold away so I don't accidentally spend it again, though.

    If you plan to craft your own legendary weapon, it could not hurt much to stock up some of the required materials if you really want to spend some beforehand. But if you plan to buy the legendary directly off the TP I would just save coin.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.