Returning player question

Jeyzer.1605

Hello!

I've stopped playing GW2 right before HoT (Studies and didn't have anyone to play with). When HoT came out, even though Revenant and the Thief spec seemed interesting, I didn't bother coming back and buying the extension.

But I've found people around me who started playing the game recently, and I noticed the new expansion. I'm considering coming back to play with them but I have some questions regarding the expansions.

1) How's Path of Fire? I've heard some pretty bad reviews on HoT, is it any better?2) What are the HoT exclusive that don't come with the PoF expansion? (assuming I only get the PoF one)3) I'm thinking playing these classes:

• Guardian, pure or maybe with the tomes one
  • Elem, weaver
  • Ranger, soulbeast and maybe druid
  • Thief, maybe with the daredevil spec
  • Engineer, holosmith
  • Mesmer, mirage
  • Maybe try out the revenant

Considering this, should I get HoT alongside PoF or there is no point?

Thanks for the help!

1) How's Path of Fire? I've heard some pretty bad reviews on HoT, is it any better?The answer to that will be subjective. I have a sweet spot for hot since it's when I came back to and stayed in gw2. Others will have different experiences. But to the question of how is pof, story wise, it's pretty epic. My friends that played gw1 are loving it alot due to the tie-ins to it.

2) What are the HoT exclusive that don't come with the PoF expansion? (assuming I only get the PoF one)If you buy only pof and not hot, you don't gain any of the hot elites (tempest, reaper, chronomancer, druid, daredevil, scrapper, dragonhunter, berserker, herald). You may be able to get the hot stats and recipes through the trading post but I'm not certain. You also won't be able to get the armor skins. You can prob get the weapon skins since they're sell-able in the tp. You also won't be able to access any of the hot raids.

3) I'm thinking playing these classes:

• Guardian, pure or maybe with the tomes one
  • Elem, weaver
  • Ranger, soulbeast and maybe druid
  • Thief, maybe with the daredevil spec
  • Engineer, holosmith
  • Mesmer, mirage
  • Maybe try out the revenant

Druid you won't have access to, same with daredevil since those are hot elites. Other than those, you should have access to the rest.

1) Bombdiggity. The Bees Knees. Whatever expression the kids are using these days. It's huge, it's deep, and there's a lot to do. Most people seem to be enjoying it and I'm one of them.2) Heart of thorns came with gliding, which in my opinion makes it worth it in and of itself. You can't get it without HoT, though the mounts in PoF are nice it's still not as nice as being able to just jump off a cliff and open your glider and go. The story was decent, imo but your mileage may vary, there were skins and things that you can only get over there, and there's replayability innate in the maps that I enjoy but it's rather grindy for some people. That being said, it's great to go to for Hero Points to get your elites.3) The elites have such different feels for them that they're almost worth getting both just for that. The Chronomancer is VASTLY different from the Mirage and honestly, I like Chrono better. Holy moly the spellbreaker is amazing and I never thought I would ever play a warrior. I'll never stop playing my tempest, but the weaver is so awesome a concept that I made another ele just to do that.

This is just my $.02 but honestly I do think HoT is worth it.

Best of luck to you in the game and hope that your experience is just as amazing as mine has been these past 5+ years! If you ever have any questions, just ask them in map chat as people are usually very happy to answer your questions there, or you can always come ask them here too!

Archived