No new raid?

I personally dont raid or play anything as much anymore since i there isnt much to do anyways. The trailer was good and the mount alone will make me log in and check things but like i really expected a raids since alot of my friends who mainly raid have been running bored.

Also here's hoping for a fractal cm.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Grogba.6204" said:Daybreak didn't showcase the Raid nor the Fractal either. We won't know until tuesday (or until leaked footage) if episode 3 comes with a new raidwing or not.

Daybreak didn't have 'fancy new marketing" trailers. They would slap it into this trailer if they planned to release it. You just don't go out of your way to make new fancy trailers just to leave out part of the update from it.

@"Cynn.1659" said:Daybreak didn't have 'fancy new marketing" trailers. They would slap it into this trailer if they planned to release it. You just don't go out of your way to make new fancy trailers just to leave out part of the update from it.

I would agree with you if A-Net's marketing wouldn't be "hit or miss". Remember AHHHHHHH from PoF marketing?

If they are committed to designing raids for a niche audience, then they need to be treated as niche. Their primary effort needs to remain on the parts of the game developed for larger audiences.

We received the last raid wing only two LS chapters ago. I know it isnt what some want to hear (and something I will likely be lambasted for here in the raiding subforum), but it is way too early for a new raid wing.

@Grogba.6204 said:

@"Cynn.1659" said:Daybreak didn't have 'fancy new marketing" trailers. They would slap it into this trailer if they planned to release it. You just don't go out of your way to make new fancy trailers just to leave out part of the update from it.

I would agree with you if A-Net's marketing wouldn't be "hit or miss". Remember AHHHHHHH from PoF marketing?

If they advertised new fractal they would absolutely advertise new raid.

@Grogba.6204 said:

@"JokerM.6021" said:\No new raid is just disappointing. 7 months since last raid wing...

It's okay, now we can use our infinte development ressources to add "eazy modes" because the content is just impossible to solo /s

Raids in GW2 are easy mode, basically 10 man dungeons. If they ever brought out "easy mode" I would quit this game. The casuals already have most of the game to play, let the tryhards have at least one niche

The release schedule is too long at this point...Even for a niche mode like raiding. They did promise that they want to focus on delivering content more often (than the 8 months between w4 and w5) yet if there is no wing coming soon they do not seem to be able to follow up on that. An update on the development is warranted by now...

@Turin.6921 said:The release schedule is too long at this point...Even for a niche mode like raiding. They did promise that they want to focus on delivering content more often (than the 8 months between w4 and w5) yet if there is no wing coming soon they do not seem to be able to follow up on that. An update on the development is warranted by now...Indeed, especially if they consider 1 easy boss, 2 events and 1 hard boss a complete raid wing. This release speed would only be acceptable if each wing had like 8 real bosses.

@Blaeys.3102 said:If they are committed to designing raids for a niche audience, then they need to be treated as niche. Their primary effort needs to remain on the parts of the game developed for larger audiences.

We received the last raid wing only two LS chapters ago. I know it isnt what some want to hear (and something I will likely be lambasted for here in the raiding subforum), but it is way too early for a new raid wing.

The thing with niche content is that you have to take the negative with the positive. It’s niche, so only a certain demographic of people will play it, which means that they can’t throw a lot of resources at it like LW.

Unfortunately people keep saying this content isn’t for everyone, which is exactly the reason the raid community has to wait for it’s content. Sorry.

@JokerM.6021 said:

@JokerM.6021 said:\No new raid is just disappointing. 7 months since last raid wing...

It's okay, now we can use our infinte development ressources to add "eazy modes" because the content is just impossible to solo /s

Raids in GW2 are easy mode, basically 10 man dungeons. If they ever brought out "easy mode" I would quit this game. The casuals already have most of the game to play, let the tryhards have at least one niche

Yup and that is why you must wait for your content, it’s niche.

Edit: if it wasn’t niche and Anet wanted everyone to get in there, a new raid would have more resources and probably have release cadence similar to Fractals. It has been explained that people don’t want this, so you must wait.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@JokerM.6021 said:\No new raid is just disappointing. 7 months since last raid wing...

Edit: if it wasn’t niche and Anet wanted everyone to get in there, a new raid would have more resources and probably have release cadence similar to Fractals. It has been explained that people don’t want this, so you must wait.

Wouldnt be a problem if anet wouldnt have promised to not take as long for the next as last time, which well it would when they dont bring sth soon.Dont have a problem with waiting, but the complain is justified when anet is going back on his word. :P

@Xantaria.8726 said:

Wouldnt be a problem if anet wouldnt have promised to not take as long for the next as last time, which well it would when they dont bring sth soon.Dont have a problem with waiting, but the complain is justified when anet is going back on his word. :P

No real surprise though, it’s a small team, if they run into problem it screws up the rest of development, except they don’t have the resources if something goes wrong.

@Xantaria.8726 said:

Should have learned long ago, that any promise Anet (or intention they share) makes has close to 0 valueI can think of a dozen or more of "promises" they made before the actual realease of the game that never got fulfilled and the list just got longer every year the game is going on

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Should have learned long ago, that any promise Anet (or intention they share) makes has close to 0 valueI can think of a dozen or more of "promises" they made before the actual realease of the game that never got fulfilled and the list just got longer every year the game is going on

If I recall the quote it was left in a gray area as to not give people’s hopes up.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Just curious if you can point me in the right direction where anet said that. Anet says a lot of stuff, hard for me to keep track

@bigbobpataki.4796 said:

Just curious if you can point me in the right direction where anet said that. Anet says a lot of stuff, hard for me to keep track

While Anet has specifically said they currently do not design raids for people of all skill levels (I believe those were the exact words), the heavier argument that they are niche content comes from the raiders posting on these forums. All you have to do is look at any thread where someone talks about the accessibility of raids in GW2. Once the topic is broached, the next 4-5 responses are invariably "well, raiding isn't for your" or "raiding is designed for XYZ style player" or, the worst of them all, "people just have to change how they play if they want to raid." Those are the definition of niche.

You cannot say that raids are only for a smaller percentage of the player base and then turn around and expect a cadence on par - or even close to on par - with the rest of the game. The game mode simply doesn't warrant the same schedule of changes/new content as open world or something like WvW. By necessity - given their current approach and the community desire that raids be somewhat exclusive/niche - it warrants a smaller team and less emphasis in the game itself.

I know that isn't what some want to hear (and I am shocked I haven't been jumped on already for saying so above), but GW2 isn't a raiding game. There are plenty of those out there. Raiding is supplemental, at best, to the GW2 experience. If Anet were to ever move to actually change that - to significantly increase the output of raids and integrate the experience into the greater game experience - they would have to address the playstyle and skill accessibility issue, something they have indicated they do not plan to do.

Archived