FIX SERPENT'S IRE - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

FIX SERPENT'S IRE

2>

Comments

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:
    I haven't been there for a few months but when I was visiting Vabbi frequently I often saw groups doing Serpent's Ire (on EU) and it seems unlikely the situation would have changed in that time. I'm not sure if any of them advertise it online though, I just saw them organising it through map chat and LFG when the event was about to start. If I wanted to find a group for it I'd do the same thing I always do: use the Wiki to check when the event is due to start, then go to Vabbi and check both in the map I'm in and in LFG for people doing the event, and if I don't see anyone try to get a squad together myself.

People might have given up doing SI in favor of doing Forged with Fire since it's the same reward.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:
    I haven't been there for a few months but when I was visiting Vabbi frequently I often saw groups doing Serpent's Ire (on EU) and it seems unlikely the situation would have changed in that time. I'm not sure if any of them advertise it online though, I just saw them organising it through map chat and LFG when the event was about to start. If I wanted to find a group for it I'd do the same thing I always do: use the Wiki to check when the event is due to start, then go to Vabbi and check both in the map I'm in and in LFG for people doing the event, and if I don't see anyone try to get a squad together myself.

People might have given up doing SI in favor of doing Forged with Fire since it's the same reward.

When I was on the map frequently I saw them both being done, sometimes by the same group. Forged with Fire probably succeeds more often because it can be completed by fewer people (my personal record is starting it solo and going up to 5 or 6 by the end) and with less coordination, but it seemed to be that people were doing whichever was up when they were there.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

When I was on the map frequently I saw them both being done, sometimes by the same group. Forged with Fire probably succeeds more often because it can be completed by fewer people (my personal record is starting it solo and going up to 5 or 6 by the end) and with less coordination, but it seemed to be that people were doing whichever was up when they were there.

really depends on which server you are on. NA vs EU, the differences in the events and groups that do them, and when they get done is pretty massive. I dont even bother trying anymore to find groups for Serpents Ire despite needing it. Groups try to form and fail fairly quickly, and its unfortunate. The difference between servers is also why i dont appreciate content tied to group events that dont get done much if at all outside of the first week of launch.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• magnusthorek.8027magnusthorek.8027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020

If at least players' had a tutorial about how to break a Defiance Bar, class by class (i.e. with an NPC telling Reapers that pressing Elite Skill after summoning the Flesh Golem with make it charge through the enemy), but nooooooooo, teaching how to dodge is way more important than CC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keriayn‌‌ | Asura | Necromancer
    Raven Evergloam | Human | Mesmer
    Astrid Bloodbourne | Norn | Guardian
    Pallu'Kaziel | Sylvari | Ranger
    Johanna Mordkönige | Human | Warrior

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2020

More people would do it if the rewards weren’t dog poo and the cc phase was fairer. As it stands not worth the effort unless you need the collection piece.

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭

To bad there is not a meta rush bonus event that can be turned on at anytime that will breath life into these events. Anet just being consistantly inconsistent.