Your enemies should have no downstate if you're outnumbered

hunkamania.7561

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:No, no, no, no, no.

Downstate is a great mechanic. I hope these threads about coming up with a 'new' way to work in that foolishness can come to an end soon.

While I don't like this particular idea...

"I hope these answers from people telling us to stop talking about something that we enjoyed very much can come to an end soon."

Much as I loved no downstate, this would never be implemented because it would just let everyone know which side is outnumbered. In the past you used to be able to see the icon on enemy players, and this was later removed. So I highly doubt this would ever be added.

wont rly work because in smallscale fight the group with outnumbered buff will have a heavy advantage, even tho the full blob is nowhere near you

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:No, no, no, no, no.

Downstate is a great mechanic. I hope these threads about coming up with a 'new' way to work in that foolishness can come to an end soon.

so just because you dont like it ppl shouldnt talk about it...wow just wow m8ppl like you are why humankind going down the gutter dude (i know its exagerated but in the end it is what it is)

@"Neural.1824" said:Wouldn't this just create problems with people screaming at each other to leave the map so they can get the outnumbered buff?

Yes it would, which is why it's the worst possible idea for downed state.

It doesnt encourage people to play together, it drives them apart and create a toxic enviroment for the minimal gains of a few "skilled players" that like their no downed state so that they can own 3+ people alone that they otherwise couldnt handle.

No downed state, no matter the implementation, would have to satisfy one basic gameplay criteria - fair and equal for all 3 sides. This isnt individual bonus wxp/xp or stomp points that barely matter we are talking about. Its the fundamental design of combat between players. That's important to get right. Using outnumbered for this fails at that horribly.

@Aeolus.3615 said:That will just delay the kill due the amount of aoe and cleaves on the down target, while if players try to help they will get downed themselves.

You don't help them, you finish an enemy for the rally... Seriously is this the level of pvp players we have now?

OP's suggestion isn't bad, either, it's a nice middle-ground between the people wanting no-downstate overall, and those (like me) who defend that down state should be kept, exactly to be used as an equalizer for outnumbered fights. So this should actually please both sides.

@RedShark.9548 said:wont rly work because in smallscale fight the group with outnumbered buff will have a heavy advantage, even tho the full blob is nowhere near you

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:No, no, no, no, no.

so just because you dont like it ppl shouldnt talk about it...wow just wow m8ppl like you are why humankind going down the gutter dude (i know its exagerated but in the end it is what it is)

All I said was I hope - I didn't say it had to stop under pain of death or asking for Anet to eliminate the threads. You read censorship when it wasn't there.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:That will just delay the kill due the amount of aoe and cleaves on the down target, while if players try to help they will get downed themselves.

You don't help them, you finish an enemy for the rally... Seriously is this the level of pvp players we have now?

OP's suggestion isn't bad, either, it's a nice middle-ground between the people wanting no-downstate overall, and those (like me) who defend that down state should be kept, exactly to be used as an equalizer for outnumbered fights. So this should actually please both sides.

We are talking about large force vs smaller group on WvW, not spvpdpsracespam.

The larger force will have no issue to rezz by helping that ally, while the members of the smaller force will have to rally ally trough PK.And most probably this wont work cause a larger force most time just rush targets w/o issues due the ammount of aoe since most are scourges stacked vs the smaller capability of aoe a smaller group has.

IMO rally needs completelly to be removed from game, and we need to have a different rule set for the downstate.Altough i would not mind to try a week withXenesisll.1554 idea :\

Sounds nice as a hypothetical how would it actually be implemented though?

Also at what point does it trigger? If you're outnumbered by one player, two players, five?

And if we accept for the moment that no downstate helps smaller groups why not just get rid of downstate altogether, why take half measures to accomplish a goal?

@"Israel.7056" said:Sounds nice as a hypothetical how would it actually be implemented though?

Also at what point does it trigger? If you're outnumbered by one player, two players, five?

When a map has outnumbered buff for one server, disable ress for the largest server on the map. EZCreate a buff called "Confidence in numbers" or something, and use it as a reverse outnumbered effect, with deterrents to outnumbering.

And if we accept for the moment that no downstate helps smaller groups why not just get rid of downstate altogether, why take half measures to accomplish a goal?No, actually, what we're saying is that downstate helps smaller numbers but can be abused by larger numbers.Unless i'm getting illiterate, that's what we're suggesting, that when a group outnumbers the other, they can't rally, but the outnumbered can.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:Sounds nice as a hypothetical how would it actually be implemented though?

When a map has outnumbered buff for one server, disable ress for the largest server on the map. EZCreate a buff called "Confidence in numbers" or something, and use it as a reverse outnumbered effect, with deterrents to outnumbering.

This. It's the obvious move; the game already buffs players when they are outnumbered, whatever the metric they use is. This just extends what that buff is somewhat.

And if we accept for the moment that no downstate helps smaller groups why not just get rid of downstate altogether, why take half measures to accomplish a goal?No, actually, what we're saying is that downstate helps smaller numbers but can be abused by larger numbers.Unless i'm getting illiterate, that's what we're suggesting, that when a group outnumbers the other, they can't rally, but the outnumbered can.

I think this is a good theory, and a thing to test. I don't think, personally, that it will work out that way, but heck, I've been wrong before.

We can speculate all we want, but a practical test will show the truth. So, ANet, please? Good idea, plz test. ;)

Archived