ideas to introduce pve mechanics to wvw

I want to fight Players. I don't want to play... "Who can hide behind more NPC's the longest?". So, as long as PvE mechanics don't interfere with that; more so from what already exist in WvW. I'll probably be cool with it. I just rather WvW be more about the Players and their own Successes. Rather than the game basically handing them their Success. :)

@Brother.1504 said:Most hardcore wvw players would frown upon more pve into wvw. Guild claims being able to command the towers npc to guard, attack, man siege defend, is an interest suggestion.

I've thought about this suggestion in the past, but in reality that would just making attacking T3 structures much worse than it is now. Perhaps if it was only allowed for the server that was in 3rd place.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:adrenal mushrooms, jumpy shrooms, all those hot goodies. no mounts....... yet. lets add more npcs to everywhere, npcs can man siege, treb is now a laser (think halo spartan laser), arrow carts apply much burn and ofc scales with condi, hmmmm,....,.,,.,,,. and grub mounts for commanders.

im not sure if this is irony or if you smoked too much of the "hot goodies"srsly all of those things would be terrible

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:adrenal mushrooms, jumpy shrooms, all those hot goodies. no mounts....... yet. lets add more npcs to everywhere, npcs can man siege, treb is now a laser (think halo spartan laser), arrow carts apply much burn and ofc scales with condi, hmmmm,....,.,,.,,,. and grub mounts for commanders.

No thanks. Pls do not come again with this topic.

I think it could be an interesting idea to change some of the aspects like building and using Siege, repairing walls and agates etc to npc's, and thus leave the actual players to fight. Bound to be a bunch of problems with that, obviously. But it could be used as an interesting balancing factor to the current problems with siege, and means that ANet could also make more sweeping changes to siege, and heck actually make them work on top of walls for once :P

I'd love something like this just for the chance to put an npc on a treb, ram, or cata. So I don't have to sit mash 1 or 2 every 5 seconds for who knows how long. That alone would be worth it for me. Having the NPC's setp and build their own AC's, thus having the NPC limit the numbers of them would also be an interesting change (even if they made them invulnerable from all aoe's and stuff). Honestly can't say I find any siege enjoyable.

I don't really see where/how/why to add all the shrooms though.

I really like the idea of having NPCs build and man siege, and the mushrooms would be cool for like, a jungle borderlands map or something but imo they shouldn’t require mastery to use and should work like the shrine buffs in desert borderlands if anything.

for me even the introduction of gliders is a bad idea, why ppl want to bring pve mechanics in wvw is beyond me, we have other problems that need fixes since forever.why dont we introduce that damn nuhock burrows to just crawl easyer into SM ? whats next? seeing a zerg of raptors?if u like pve mechanics go play pve maps and learn to kill pocket raptors, its the most polished game mode anyway

Archived