What is your perfect team comp?

I was on my ranger and got placed with a pair of thieves and a pair of mesmers the other day in pvp. I was thrown off by the matchmaking until I found the other team had a similar comp. Not going to lie, despite all of the (completely justified) hate mirages get that was the funnest pvp match I've had in recent weeks. Certain other professions have the ability to bunker up waay too much and watching things (including myself) explode left and right was downright hilarious. Even the losing team had a blast. We won 504-406, but only because we got a tranquility cap almost uncontested.

That said, the "perfect" comp is probably some combination of necromancers, warriors and guardians. ... and maybe mesmers. You know. Standard protoss deathball stuff. Unless we're roaming, then I'll take a decent thief or mesmer on my team any day of the week.

~ Kovu

@"Kovu.7560" said:I was on my ranger and got placed with a pair of thieves and a pair of mesmers the other day in pvp. I was thrown off by the matchmaking until I found the other team had a similar comp. Not going to lie, despite all of the (completely justified) hate mirages get that was the funnest pvp match I've had in recent weeks. Certain other professions have the ability to bunker up waay too much and watching things (including myself) explode left and right was downright hilarious. Even the losing team had a blast. We won 504-406, but only because we got a tranquility cap almost uncontested.

That said, the "perfect" comp is probably some combination of necromancers, warriors and guardians. ... and maybe mesmers. You know. Standard protoss deathball stuff. Unless we're roaming, then I'll take a decent thief or mesmer on my team any day of the week.

~ Kovu

you do realise that this thread is about wvw and not pvp? he posted in the wvw forum and said 20-30 ppl not 5man pvp

id say for each group 1-2guards, a power rev, 1-2 scourges and a warrior/ele throw in 1 or 2 mesmer for the whole zerg to get some veil invis and graviwellsthats for a public zerg

guildzergs are a different story (15-20ppl)usually just 1 guard each group1 or 2 staff thiefes for stealth blasts and heavy burst dmg, maybe an engi for reveal and focus or heal purposes

Baseline Meta wvw Comp.1 minstrel fb in each group.2-3 support Chronos for veils, gravity well, and pulls.3-4 bubble spell breakers, great sword/hammer.1-2 glass staff weavers fire/air.The rest of the dps power rev glint/dwarf and power scourge with wells.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Kovu.7560" said:I was on my ranger and got placed with a pair of thieves and a pair of mesmers the other day in pvp. I was thrown off by the matchmaking until I found the other team had a similar comp. Not going to lie, despite all of the (completely justified) hate mirages get that was the funnest pvp match I've had in recent weeks. Certain other professions have the ability to bunker up waay too much and watching things (including myself) explode left and right was downright hilarious. Even the losing team had a blast. We won 504-406, but only because we got a tranquility cap almost uncontested.

~ Kovu

you do realise that this thread is about wvw and not pvp? he posted in the wvw forum and said 20-30 ppl not 5man pvp

id say for each group 1-2guards, a power rev, 1-2 scourges and a warrior/ele throw in 1 or 2 mesmer for the whole zerg to get some veil invis and graviwellsthats for a public zerg

guildzergs are a different story (15-20ppl)usually just 1 guard each group1 or 2 staff thiefes for stealth blasts and heavy burst dmg, maybe an engi for reveal and focus or heal purposes

Yes, I realize. Hence the second part of my post. Guardians, necromancers and warriors still win the day. Mesmers are also useful.

~ Kovu

@sephiroth.4217 said:25 Mesmers and 5 Thieves.

We'll just follow the enemy zergs back line all day.

The guild where i am once in a while we do a 1 class event on WvW one time we spiked 30(or close to that) null fields plus other mesmer aoes out of stealth on a zerg that was 2x bigger, they died in 1-2 seconds, and some clients started to hip-cup to acompany the state of the current game....Plus 20ish portal entres on a zerg in and out of nowhere, funny way to troll.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

The guild where i am once in a while we do a 1 class event on WvW one time we spiked 30(or close to that) null fields plus other mesmer aoes out of stealth on a zerg that was 2x bigger, they died in 1-2 seconds, and some clients started to hip-cup to acompany the state of the current game....Plus 20ish portal entres on a zerg in and out of nowhere, funny way to troll.

This generally only works one or two times. We've done the same with vanilla engies and only using supply drops. The enemy and peoples machines melted. They couldnt do crap cause fps tanked lol. Of course once they learned the bomb they simply walked around.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

This generally only works one or two times. We've done the same with vanilla engies and only using supply drops. The enemy
and
peoples machines melted. They couldnt do crap cause fps tanked lol. Of course once they learned the bomb they simply walked around.

War Machine used to have their turret supply crate bomb :) has a surprise atack out of a few veils actually worked really well, now i kinda doubt.

Archived