GW2 Jumping puzzle

@"raptor.9184" said:i didnt get the chest and green star achivement, cuz i didnt get all check points,could you kindly put a CP counter so i dun get traumatized in doing a Jumping puzzleafter attempting it for 5 straight hours and coming back empty handed, i dont think itsthe right spirit of the game

You thought "Chalice of Tears" was just a joke of a name, huh? This is explicitly designed to be a, shall we say, pain in the neck?

Some players really love this sort of jumping puzzle. This is for them, not for everyone, and so it is pretty painful by design. Sorry.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"raptor.9184" said:i didnt get the chest and green star achivement, cuz i didnt get all check points,could you kindly put a CP counter so i dun get traumatized in doing a Jumping puzzleafter attempting it for 5 straight hours and coming back empty handed, i dont think itsthe right spirit of the game

You thought "Chalice of Tears" was just a joke of a name, huh? This is explicitly designed to be a, shall we say, pain in the neck?

Some players really love this sort of jumping puzzle. This is for them, not for everyone, and so it is pretty painful by design. Sorry.

i enjoyed JP in particular this one but i do not see the enjoyment in being forced to go through CPswhen i cant go back to the one i "missed" having unknowingly skipped 1 or 2, how is that fair?assuming i muster the courage to do the JP again, how can i be sure i attempted all CPs so i dun get a nice surprise by ANET?People get help from mesmer for portals i did this on my own, and if your JP was full proof ppl wldnt need to skip ur CPs.Untill now i dont even know which CP i skipped and i wldnt wanna dare do it again, but unfortunately i have to for a quests,i do find it quite sick that creators would think that it is acceptable to create this JP and force ppl to go through CPs by making surethey dont get credit, if you wanna do that at least put a CP counter so you dont give players false hope when they finally happen to cross the finishing line

@"raptor.9184" said:how is that fair?It seems that the developers didn't design this one to be "fair." There are some people who like that sort of thing.And while I'm not one of them, I think the game is big enough that there's room for a few JPs that are ridiculously difficult for folks like me.(As it turns out, all the sweeter when we finally do get them right... even if that might not be for years.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"raptor.9184" said:how is that fair?It seems that the developers didn't design this one to be "fair." There are some people who like that sort of thing.And while I'm not one of them, I think the game is big enough that there's room for a few JPs that are ridiculously difficult for folks like me.(As it turns out, all the sweeter when we finally do get them right... even if that might not be for years.)

again i cant go back to the CP i missed when i skipped, that means no matter what i was always never going to get credit irregardless how long or fast i took to reach the chest, the JP flawed and needs to be looked at surely i cant be the only one, i can accept RNG go against me for games that took me 4-5mths to play and because of that i had to restart but this is not RNG this is nonsense

Occassionally there are some "runs" organised on Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle, and those usually bring along some kind mesmers that help you port around when needed. On that one I got some help of a couple of mesmers in a run I was in and I thanked them in form of some gift afterwards to say thanks for the help :)

P.s You should see a buff with the amount of checkpoints you have, so if you loose them, you will see the buff went away / you didn't get one :)

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Occassionally there are some "runs" organised on Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle, and those usually bring along some kind mesmers that help you port around when needed. On that one I got some help of a couple of mesmers in a run I was in and I thanked them in form of some gift afterwards to say thanks for the help :)

P.s You should see a buff with the amount of checkpoints you have, so if you loose them, you will see the buff went away / you didn't get one :)

congrats on ur run through the JP, as far as buffs is concern i do get them but nobody seems to understand what i just said,lets say there are 5 check points, 1,2,3,4,5i skipped 2 without knowing completed 1,3,4if i died en-route to 5, i dun go back to 2 i go back to 4and when u finished 5 and get to the chests u dont get credit,why? because u didnt get 2....makes sense? obviously noti hope people start understanding what i say better

@raptor.9184 said:

@raptor.9184 said:i didnt get the chest and green star achivement, cuz i didnt get all check points,could you kindly put a CP counter so i dun get traumatized in doing a Jumping puzzleafter attempting it for 5 straight hours and coming back empty handed, i dont think itsthe right spirit of the game

i enjoyed JP in particular this one but i do not see the enjoyment in being forced to go through CPswhen i cant go back to the one i "missed" having unknowingly skipped 1 or 2, how is that fair?

It isn't. It is cruel, and painful, and designed specifically to cause player suffering.

This is exactly what it was designed to do.

assuming i muster the courage to do the JP again, how can i be sure i attempted all CPs so i dun get a nice surprise by ANET?

I'd suggest a guide, or rather, several: Dulfy and AyinMaiden both do great work showing it, I understand, and between the written and video guides you should be able to navigate the whole thing.

I'd also strongly suggest you hit the Sandswept Isles, and grab the 8cqUQx6.pngPrototype Position Rewinder to help you out a bit. (Even if you have a mesmer, but definitely if you don't.)

@"raptor.9184" said:nobody seems to understand what i just said,Everyone posting here seems to understand: the design that you hate so much is deliberate. It's intended that it be extremely challenging to even know if you got the check point. It's a nod back to computer game challenges of older eras, when that was the norm.

As others have said, if you just want the mastery, the are groups that will ensure you get it, making liberal use of mesmer portals and squad markers. And if you want the satisfaction of doing it on your own, there are additional tools available.

You don't have to like the design or appreciate its fiendish attention to nostalgic detail. But all the same, the puzzle was intended to be this way whether we like it or not.

spoiler alert: the devs don't seem to have added anything as horrid as this since, so they seem to have accepted the feedback that this isn't the sort of "hard" most JP fans want

@raptor.9184 said:

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Occassionally there are some "runs" organised on Chalice of Tears jumping puzzle, and those usually bring along some kind mesmers that help you port around when needed. On that one I got some help of a couple of mesmers in a run I was in and I thanked them in form of some gift afterwards to say thanks for the help :)

congrats on ur run through the JP, as far as buffs is concern i do get them but nobody seems to understand what i just said,lets say there are 5 check points, 1,2,3,4,5i skipped 2 without knowing completed 1,3,4if i died en-route to 5, i dun go back to 2 i go back to 4and when u finished 5 and get to the chests u dont get credit,why? because u didnt get 2....makes sense? obviously noti hope people start understanding what i say better

That's to prevent people from using mesmer portals to skip content. But i agree that having a visual indicator of which Checkpoints you tagged, and maybe their location, would make issues like yours less prevalent, also because some checkpoints are a bit out of the way, not much, but enough you can skip them unintentionally.

Yeah..I promised myself that I would finally beat the one JP in the game that has continued to elude me all these years.. Mad Kings Clock Tower.For some unknown reason I just seem to fail hard at this one, but every other JP I can do without any problems (ok maybe a few bitten lips occasionally on a few ).. this year, is gunna be that year!!

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Checkpoints should be designed so that if you do the JP completely, you get credit. If you did do this, then there’s an issue with one of the checkpoints in regards to the proximity it takes to activate.

Yea and u make it sound like i missed th CP intentionally, rather then let me know asap why not tell the guy at the end when hes done jumping o u wanna go back to that cp u missed think again.

I think u need to read my posts and think why i suggested those things i.e cp counter and the principle behind it

@raptor.9184 said:

Ppl needs to quote this and answer me why i cant suggest CP counter, i really dont understand

I think ppl not buying my idea into a CP counter because they finished it wether they had help or not from mesmers or guides by kind ppl online,

Sure the CPs do help but i cant go back to the one i missed because i skipped theres a flaw here how some ppl cant c it is beyond me.

What if i said that there was a bug and i claimed that i reached all CPs hence the reason why i didnt get the chests how do u discredit me?

@raptor.9184 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Checkpoints should be designed so that if you do the JP completely, you get credit. If you did do this, then there’s an issue with one of the checkpoints in regards to the proximity it takes to activate.

Yea and u make it sound like i missed th CP intentionally, rather then let me know asap why not tell the guy at the end when hes done jumping o u wanna go back to that cp u missed think again.

I think u need to read my posts and think why i suggested those things i.e cp counter and the principle behind it

I didn’t say you missed it intentionally. Perhaps you should read my post again.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I didn’t say you missed it intentionally. Perhaps you should read my post again.

Apologies. i am quite sensitive abt this topic because i am aftaid nothing will be done as its an old JP, sorry

Theres a couple of JPs in the game with checkpoints in them.The one in Silverwastes is the same.A compromise solution could be to inform the player when they miss a checkpoint, but not tell them where it is.ie if you get checkpoints 1 ,2 , miss 3 and then get to 4 , you will be informed when you get to 4 , that you have missed 3 .This saves a lot of time being wasted getting to the end only to then find out you missed some.

• 3 weeks later...

@mauried.5608 said:Theres a couple of JPs in the game with checkpoints in them.The one in Silverwastes is the same.A compromise solution could be to inform the player when they miss a checkpoint, but not tell them where it is.ie if you get checkpoints 1 ,2 , miss 3 and then get to 4 , you will be informed when you get to 4 , that you have missed 3 .This saves a lot of time being wasted getting to the end only to then find out you missed some.

yes all of us can see how broken the JP is but yet there is still no feed back from ANET

@"raptor.9184" said:yes all of us can see how broken the JP is but yet there is still no feed back from ANET

They have delivered feedback implicitly and explicitly. It's not broken; it's that way by design.Personally, I don't like that sort of thing, because I think it substitutes "actual difficulty" for "challenge through obscurity," although that does seem to have been the idea.

@"raptor.9184" said:yes all of us can see how broken the JP is but yet there is still no feed back from ANET

They have delivered feedback implicitly and explicitly. It's not broken; it's that way by design.Personally, I don't like that sort of thing, because I think it substitutes "actual difficulty" for "challenge through obscurity," although that does seem to have been the idea.

nothing wrong with the way JP is as a designjust need to add a CP counter for ppl to notice if they have skipped CPs unknowingly

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:'Submit a Ticket' for individualized responses.

i did their response was as follows

"GM PhalanxJune 20, 2018 04:59Greetings, Commander Jayaprakash! (╭ರᴥ•́)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your ideas about our platforming/jumping levels! We have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through the official forums. We ask and encourage players to post their ideas in our forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com

Please post your suggestion in the forum most relevant to the subject at hand. For instance, if you are writing about PvP, post in the PvP sub-forum. If you are making a suggestion about a specific profession, please post in that profession's sub-forum. And if you are writing about the Living World, feel free to post in that sub-forum.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input."

Archived