So many good Spears in the game but can't show them...

@Mikali.9651 said:Anet, please hurry up with the implementation of the land spears!

It'd be the equivalent work to any other new land-based weapon, save that there are some models already available. Those, sadly, are the easy part compared to adding land-based weapon skills, animations, rigging, etc.

After all, you probably would be a touch surprised to see your character turn into a torpedo propelled by a spinning spear on land, floating along as if gravity didn't exist, eh? ;)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Mikali.9651 said:Anet, please hurry up with the implementation of the land spears!

It'd be the equivalent work to any other new land-based weapon, save that there are some models already available. Those, sadly, are the easy part compared to adding land-based weapon skills, animations, rigging, etc.

After all, you probably would be a touch surprised to see your character turn into a torpedo propelled by a spinning spear on land, floating along as if gravity didn't exist, eh? ;)

what do you even want to say?

@Alga.6498 said:I still hope this will come to expansion pack 3.Perhaps one of the original core weapons, the Polearm will finally return?As Tridents and Spear skins will be merged and can be used on our Polearm weapon.

didn't even know there was the polearm, very cool :O Spears are just my dream I want to come true, as a Paragon player in GW1 :)

@Mikali.9651 said:

what do you even want to say?

It's a cool idea, but unfortunately, no more practical than any of the other new weapon suggestions. I hope it happens, I don't expect it ever will.

I support the idea of land spears. If they can make a staff function like a bo then I reckon they can make a spear work on land. I would think it more an issue of finding a spec that works well with it, rather than just designing a spec just for the sake of polearms/javelins etc

@Biff.5312 said:I think until they have elite specs that can use every existing weapon currently locked for that class, you won't see any new weapon types.

I think this is extremely likely, and also, that the odds of ever seeing another class approximate zero. I'd honestly kind of expect to see a second round of elites on the same weapons before we saw new ones, but I think that is more fluffy a prediction. :)

@Randulf.7614 said:I support the idea of land spears. If they can make a staff function like a bo then I reckon they can make a spear work on land. I would think it more an issue of finding a spec that works well with it, rather than just designing a spec just for the sake of polearms/javelins etc

Except there are maybe 1 or 2 Staff models that don't look horribad in the hands of a Daredevil / Rev =(

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I would really like them tbh. I want spears for Warrior with moderate damage but a lot of jumping attacks and mobility (less damage than GS but more mobility and sustain).

I agree that spears would be a great addition to the game in the hands of warriors and guardians, however I don't really see it as a mobility weapon, unless they add some kinda pole vaulting skill (could be a thing) I see it more as a defensive weapon to hold the line with.

The first thing I thought of when they announced the underwater update was the next expansion being w as ter themed. If that happens, I could totally see them handing out underwater weapons as land weapons with new elite specs. Some of the classes are getting low on unusable weapons, like warriors. This would be a nice extension to usable weapons already in the game.

@Biff.5312 said:I think until they have elite specs that can use every existing weapon currently locked for that class, you won't see any new weapon types.

That's unlikely because different classes have a different number of weapons to expand into. I think Warrior has the most core proficiencies so they will hit the barrier first and that's when we'll see how Anet proceeds. On the low end it's entirely possible for them to recycle existing weapons with new skillbars, which functionally serves the same purpose.

There has in fact been actual Polearm mechanism weapon code in-game before (unused of course but still in-game), not sure if they have removed these superold codes, but this one is for you, @"Linken.6345" with your unimpressed comment.F1MKmHr.jpg

@Alga.6498 said:There has in fact been actual Polearm mechanism weapon code in-game before (unused of course but still in-game), not sure if they have removed these superold codes, but this one is for you, @"Linken.6345" with your unimpressed comment.F1MKmHr.jpg

Nope just becouse you can chat code it in dont make it in the game.

I think polearms still exist in the game, but mostly as a sort of invisible weapon class so that amphibious enemies can seamlessly use spears above and below the water. Due to the way the land/water transition works, it was probably easier to create a separate weapon type than it was to get the same one to work both above and below the water.

@Biff.5312 said:I think until they have elite specs that can use every existing weapon currently locked for that class, you won't see any new weapon types.Technically, due to the way elite specs work, they could reuse the same weapon for multiple elite specs if they really wanted to.

Archived