Can a Greatsword be used for Firebrand?

NYG.2568

Firebrand doesn't offer many options to power builds. I was looking forward to a Radiance+Firebrand retaliation build, but they added a 20s icd to Healer's Retribution, so that doesn't really work now.

Honestly, firebrand was designed for condition dps, and the best part of the spec is Tome of Justice that needs condi gear to shine. Otherwise, you don't really get anything by going firebrand, the other two tomes are nothing to write home about, and the quickness stuff is whatever. Mantras are extremely annoying in pve, too, with all the map/instance changing.

If you want pwer:gs with firebrand, radiance and zeal, along with valk stats works great thanks to perma retal. U have less dmg mods than DH which means a single skill or strike deals less dmg but everything you do is twice as fast thks to quckness. In my own exp i think you can output the same if not more power dmg.Using valk stats with 0 condi dmg i ve managed to deal 3k dmg burns a tick.

If you want hybrid: (better set for fb)firebrand, radiance and virtues with griever stats, gs and axe/torch should do the trick.

I find that gs coupled with permeathing wrath from virtues is one of the best ways to stack burns, it goes to crazy amounts depending on the number of mobs.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:i'm staying DH too. i dont like the playstyle from Firebrand. First i thought it would be ok and i started building Astralaria (Part 2 finished ), but i stay DH with GS + S/F.i like that gameplay.

Yea, I don't care much for being forced into a weapon I don't like, I worked hard for my Twilight. Not for it to become obsolete, by a 'New Elite' spec.

@NYG.2568 said:

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:i'm staying DH too. i dont like the playstyle from Firebrand. First i thought it would be ok and i started building Astralaria (Part 2 finished ), but i stay DH with GS + S/F.i like that gameplay.

Yea, I don't care much for being forced into a weapon I don't like, I worked hard for my Twilight. Not for it to become obsolete, by a 'New Elite' spec.

Same. Want to stay with Sunrise.

In a raid DH will surely be better than FB for power builds. For open world PvE, and probably fractals as well, FB should be better, since it provides might and quickness. Also elite provides an extra source of retaliation to maximize damage.

I have been using gs and scepter in open world PvE and it surely is in upgrade solo or with a small group.

As far as powerbuild, Mantras actually helps with damage, i.e. via quickness abit. I use Mantra of Solace, Mandtra of Lore, Mantra of Potence and Mantra of Liberation, Retreat.
For trait: Liberator's Vow, Stalwart Speed, Lore master. I try my best not to use last charge of mantras unless really needed to, and was able to keep up Quickness up for a good amount of time using shield 4, Mantra of Liberation and Mantra of solace whenever health dip below 75% ish , to make up abit for the damage modifiers that the FB lacks. Downside is the annoyance of preparing mantras everytime landed in a new map. Also Mantra of Lore is the much needed condi cleanse without relying on shouts and sshout traits. Also have Writ of Persistence on sword one handed, the heal from symbols actually helps abit during fight.In all, Mantra prep time should be reduce, cone should be longer. The FB traits need to be tuned up abit, the choices are somewhat weak and/or clunky to use imo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR3ensADNCjFBDGCBkCjl7BrqAEASX7h0U6L1qC0uKUA-jZQaAAQZAA

I really like this build for open world content. You have basically have on demand quickness and aegis as well as perma retal and fury. It's also possible to swap the first zeal trait from 1 to 2, whichever you prefer. I tend to think that in a group setting you'd rather have the 7% damage while burning than retal on aegis pop. Even without + condi damage you do loads of massive aoe power/condi damage when you swap to axe. It's all about dpsing with quickness inside of your symbols. Inside of a symbol with quickness you'll almost always break the threshold for the Inner Fire trait. I know it's pretty redundant after breaking 100% crit chance with retal up but it's nice to have perma fury especially if you swap from Wrathful Spirit to Fiery Wrath, in Zeal, which limits you gaining retal from only the mantra elite or sacrificing another utility for "Stand your Ground".

Archived