PVE Core Guardian Build

ElPatron.7450

Dear Guardians,

im very new to this game and got my guardian to lvl 80. i really love the class:)

im looking for a good PVE Build :) i looked up Snowcrows and metabattle but those buildsare mostly with DH spec and for raids or fractals.

Since i havent unlocked the Dragonhunter Spec yet i need a good and durable core Build for my Guardian.

i bought the berserker gear, GS, Scepter and Torch. Recently i switched to Sword and Shield also with Scepter and Torch in Offhand.

from what i read berserker is the way to go.

im doing only open world pve for the moment, fractals and raids are far away at this time.

would be great to solo heropoints since i need them badly;)

anyway thx for helping me out :)

The SC core build will work well in open world, too. Killing stuff quickly is the most efficient way to get through open world, even if you are not particularly durable with such a dps build. Anything below champ hero points is a cakewalk if you burst it down quickly and some champ HPs can still be soloed by adapting your playstyle accordingly. For others, just looks for a few other players.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:The SC core build will work well in open world, too. Killing stuff quickly is the most efficient way to get through open world, even if you are not particularly durable with such a dps build. Anything below champ hero points is a cakewalk if you burst it down quickly and some champ HPs can still be soloed by adapting your playstyle accordingly. For others, just looks for a few other players.

Thank you :) would you suggest other gear then Berserker? how important is precision? can i trade that for health?

In principle, you can. The radiance trait line gives you up to 60% crit chance passively (when you have retaliation up and the enemy burns), so it is possible to exchange berserker gear for valkyrie. In that case, you'll have to make sure actively that you get as much reta as possible - otherwise, your damage will drop into oblivion.

F1 + Sword 2+3 = 1 kill, F1 + Torch 4 doubletap = 2nd kill, then you just keep the ball rolling. Your F1 resets on every kill when you have Radiance traited. Snowcrows DPS guide is good but it is a sustained DPS guide. For general PvE, burst DPS works better IMO hence why I use Sword to do it. Greatsword works too, I ran it for years. I run Longbow now but that's just for the novelty.

Archived