best experience server for WvW australia

"If you are planning to play WvW it would be worth asking in the WvW section for advice on which server to join or even finding an Australian WvW guild and joining their server. "

Someone said this to me in the players helping players section of the forums. This is what i posted:

"Hey guys, not sure if i posted in the right category but i'm coming back to guild wars 2 next week and am really wanting to hit this game hard but i dunno which server to join or even if you can change servers with your character. i'm gonna boost a warrior.

thanks g's"

hey lady sorry for all the posts but i think you're right. it might be worth joining SoS or Stormbluff. I'm watching wvwstats.com and thats the top pick for the server vs server fight.

Jade QuarrySea of SorrowsStormbluff

these servers come first on the wvwstats.com page. dunno if that means anything or not but there's still a few days until i buy the next xpac and start playing again.

any help you can give would be great.

thanks guys

@mastercontrol.4075 said:

@DeKong.6203 said:So, for ocx, from my experience, you have STRM in Henge of Denravi server. They are a friendly bunch :)

Hey Dekong,

Thanks buddy, thats along the lines i'm looking for.

Is that where you're playing?

I was playing in HoD but i xfered to anvil rock with my guild.I'm not OCX, i'm EU.

About those 3 servers that are being mentioned, i think any of those is a good pick. I Remember when i was on SoS, the OCX coverage was nice, i just don't know any of the guilds there. Others know more than me for sure.Best thing you can do is join a Ocx guild so that you always have friends to play with even if there is no tag around.

Ahh another thing, those 3 servers are always top Tier. Meaning more coverage all around aswell as Bigger groups/more guilds, and maybe less small groups. If that's your thing, then that's the best!! Think you won't do a bad choice if you go gor any of those :)

SOS's ocx is nearly unchallenged, simply due to its sheer size.HOD's ocx is considered underdog (compared to other servers with ocx), simply again due to its small size. There are a lot of servers without ocx though.

The question is are you looking for unchallenged or challenging place?

@SkyShroud.2865 said:SOS's ocx is nearly unchallenged, simply due to its sheer size.HOD's ocx is considered underdog (compared to other servers with ocx), simply again due to its small size. There are a lot of servers without ocx though.

The question is are you looking for unchallenged or challenging place?

i'm looking for the most populated server in all of guildwars 2. or maybe the best fight in general. sos or not. seems like you answered the question. go with sos.

Just a note, if you join the server with the highest OCX coverage, it also means most of the time your server will be winning their fights/points in OCX. In short, it might get really boring, if you actually like fights.

If you really enjoy/prefer fights, it is often better to pick a middle-ground OCX server, that still has a OCX guild. To more reliably get more fights. Or if you're a total combat junkie that loves roaming solo or very small group and loves outnumbered fights, pick a server with no OCX coverage.

SOS is always good Server for aussies and kiwis community here is abundant you can see there exchange humor corny jokes at chat box on lion arc and wvw, since gw2 starts SOS get you better connection ping is ok less lags just check your pc specs and internet connection this game requires adsl 2+ or better.

i'm pretty sure you can level in structured pvp.

You don't get XP in PvP or WvW, but both modes drop a good amount of [Tomes of Knowledge] that gives you +1 level on use. So end effect is somewhat the same.

Just mention that in PVP you're automatically set to level 80 (and uses own build system), so level doesn't matter at all there.

Where in WvW you're "up-leveled" which is different. Basically it just tries to scale your stats to something "similar" to a level 80. But you still need to level to unlock skills/traits, still need to get to higher level to fit better gear etc. Since most builds require all 3 trait lines, most skills, superior sigils/runes and at least 3 stat combo gear, it means you can't really run a build until level 71. And for all practical purposes level 80 to invest in proper exotic 80 gear.

Don't want to discourage you from playing until you hit 80, but just keep it in mind that it's hard to run a proper build until you hit 80.

Archived