Change all gear loot of blues/greens/rare to unidentified gear

This is the most healthy options for bag management for everyone.All the places and loot that drops loot such as common, uncommon and rare should be piece of unidentified gear.Copper salvage kits and basic salvage kits should be 0% to recover an upgrade because you recover too many uncommon sigils and runes which fill yer bag again.

Changing the loot tables of everything is too much work. That's why the system got introduced with entirely new content. It won't ever happen and it's not a big issue anyway.

The trash sigils and runes aren't worthless, they at least cover the cost of salvaging easily and they do create quite some profit if you vendor them.

@Blocki.4931 said:Changing the loot tables of everything is too much work. That's why the system got introduced with entirely new content. It won't ever happen and it's not a big issue anyway.

The trash sigils and runes aren't worthless, they at least cover the cost of salvaging easily and they do create quite some profit if you vendor them.

few coppers are profit? how much would you get from vendoring 20 of those? 2 silvers? please the mats alone are more than it. 2s for taking 20 slots ain't worth it.

@"Draco.9480" said:This is the most healthy options for bag management for everyone.All the places and loot that drops loot such as common, uncommon and rare should be piece of unidentified gear.Copper salvage kits and basic salvage kits should be 0% to recover an upgrade because you recover too many uncommon sigils and runes which fill yer bag again.

On the day it introduced, and the day after they changed it, Anet got a huge amount of Pushback over unidentified gear because of the extra steps required to process them. There is also a psychological impact here that glossed over, in that players do like seeing what the final result of the gear in near real time, because it allows them to immediately notice if something valuable dropped. You would also need to change all unidentified gear to non-salvagable, so players don't accidentally salvage unprocessed gear when they use the "salvage all" option on kits.

Then theres the damage to the business model by undermining bag slots (which is a gem store upgrade), and massively devaluing all the gold sinks associated with 24, 28 and 32 slot bags.

Everything about this is bad idea without having to revamp several other areas of the game to back fill its purpose.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Draco.9480" said:This is the most healthy options for bag management for everyone.All the places and loot that drops loot such as common, uncommon and rare should be piece of unidentified gear.Copper salvage kits and basic salvage kits should be 0% to recover an upgrade because you recover too many uncommon sigils and runes which fill yer bag again.

On the day it introduced, and the day after they changed it, Anet got a huge amount of Pushback over unidentified gear because of the extra steps required to process them. There is also a psychological impact here that glossed over, in that players do like seeing what the final result of the gear in near real time, because it allows them to immediately notice if something valuable dropped. You would also need to change all unidentified gear to non-salvagable, so players don't accidentally salvage unprocessed gear when they use the "salvage all" option on kits.

Then theres the damage to the business model by undermining bag slots (which is a gem store upgrade), and massively devaluing all the gold sinks associated with 24, 28 and 32 slot bags.

Everything about this is bad idea without having to revamp several other areas of the game to back fill its purpose.

what's wrong with salving 'em but if it's only 3 slots: common, uncommon and rare, you can just store 'em since you won't need to salv anything anymore and just wait for the stack to fill and sell to TP. i've a feeling people enjoy getting their backs filled so hard and fast just so they can see what they get? why? it makes no sense.

@Draco.9480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Changing the loot tables of everything is too much work. That's why the system got introduced with entirely new content. It won't ever happen and it's not a big issue anyway.

few coppers are profit? how much would you get from vendoring 20 of those? 2 silvers? please the mats alone are more than it. 2s for taking 20 slots ain't worth it.

Green sigil are all worth 16 copper each, so 20 of them would land you 3 silver and 20 copper.

Even on my boosted characters that run around with the 15 slot bags you get it's not an issue. You have to keep in mind that there are only so many sigils you can get, they will stack up you don't have to sell them every time right away.

I don't disagree that they could use a checkmark that would mark them as junk items though.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Green sigil are all worth 16 copper each, so 20 of them would land you 3 silver and 20 copper.

Even on my boosted characters that run around with the 15 slot bags you get it's not an issue. You have to keep in mind that there are only so many sigils you can get, they will stack up you don't have to sell them every time right away.

I don't disagree that they could use a checkmark that would mark them as junk items though.

or have the option to not get them at all at least for people who don't give 2 flying crap about that 3s and 20c. not worth wasting inventory space while doing open world or raids/dungeons/fracs. some people don't want to invest so much gems or gold on a single character just to get the extra bag slots. those sigils to sell to the vendor would never make the profit back for the spending of extra bag slots.

@Draco.9480 said:This is the most healthy options for bag management for everyone.All the places and loot that drops loot such as common, uncommon and rare should be piece of unidentified gear.Copper salvage kits and basic salvage kits should be 0% to recover an upgrade because you recover too many uncommon sigils and runes which fill yer bag again.

There are many reasons why it didn't happen when PoF launched and more now. As others have said, it would require updating loot tables on thousands of foes and bags, events, and stories. Second, the economy was massively affected by just using unID gear in the new zones; ANet still hasn't figured out how to manage that.

(Under the HoT/earlier systems, people got whatever loot they got, under generally middling or low magic find. In the new system, people can hoard until they can open it all at once under extreme magic find, which results in a lot more rares and exotics. You might have noticed the low, low price of ecto — even if unID gear isn't the only factor, it's an important one.)

I'm sure ANet would love to find a way to reduce the clutter of vendor-value sigils & runes, of vendor-value blue & green gear. But there are a huge variety of ways to make that happen. Converting to unID gear creates more problem, while other solutions might also improve other aspects of the game (e.g. if they add specific sinks for runes|sigils or new ones for fundamental mats).

tl;dr it's a good idea, but not necessarily best for the game at the current time

@Draco.9480 said:

@Draco.9480 said:This is the most healthy options for bag management for everyone.All the places and loot that drops loot such as common, uncommon and rare should be piece of unidentified gear.Copper salvage kits and basic salvage kits should be 0% to recover an upgrade because you recover too many uncommon sigils and runes which fill yer bag again.

what's wrong with salving 'em but if it's only 3 slots: common, uncommon and rare, you can just store 'em since you won't need to salv anything anymore and just wait for the stack to fill and sell to TP. i've a feeling people enjoy getting their backs filled so hard and fast just so they can see what they get? why? it makes no sense.

If there is no need to salvage any longer then the bags may not sell on the TP.

Wow, this is a reverse. Before PoF, people were kittening they had extra steps for junk loot, and now people want all of their loot this way.

Good job, ANet! I'm sorry there's no winning when it comes to the public, but at least you're doing good things.

I don't see any improvements in this idea. For one thing, the sigils everyone complains about, when vendored, are covering the costs of salvaging. People complain about not having enough gold all the time, yet want to be rid of a source of income (yes it's small, but it's because of those that you aren't noticing the drain of salvage/wp costs).As for unidentified. Why? I just don't see any benefit at all in that. They want you to find items not usable by your class because it encourages you to start another toon (especially if you get a really nice drop), and the extra step that would be needed to identify it seems like a bigger waste of time than sigil sales.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Use the Crude Salvage Kit; barely any Runes/Sigils drop with it. The tiny difference between it and Basic should be well-covered by the absence of irritation by receiving the Runes/Sigils.

Good luck.

what i advice and what you answer? i wanted 0% and you want just to decrease. I don't use those since I've copper salv kit from gemstore.

@Draco.9480 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Use the Crude Salvage Kit; barely any Runes/Sigils drop with it. The tiny difference between it and Basic should be well-covered by the absence of irritation by receiving the Runes/Sigils.

Good luck.

what i advice and what you answer? i wanted 0% and you want just to decrease. I don't use those since I've copper salv kit from gemstore.

Up to you, if you'd rather deal with the runes/sigils, it's fine.

Archived