Cantha Map (future?)

• 4 weeks later...

@Tasida.4085 said:Anet made it clear at launch Cantha will not be a factor in GW2. We all asked repeatedly in the beginning and always got the same reply. Would be gr8 to have but I'd say it's still going to be a big NO.

That's not true, I remember Josh Foreman saying that the dev team would love to revisit Cantha and that we should keep asking for it.

@Elric.4713 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:Anet made it clear at launch Cantha will not be a factor in GW2. We all asked repeatedly in the beginning and always got the same reply. Would be gr8 to have but I'd say it's still going to be a big NO.

That's not true, I remember Josh Foreman saying that the dev team would love to revisit Cantha and that we should keep asking for it.

No they said We wouldn't be going back to Cantha (something about the asian market/NCSoft iirc). They did say they would love to revisit as well. It would be nice after 6 years they sorted whatever the problem was and take us back. But it was a Big NO then. Factions was and is my fave campaign out of the 3, EoTN is the only xpac of GW1 so doesn't really count. I'd love to see Cantha back as well.

@Tasida.4085 said:

No they said We wouldn't be going back to Cantha (something about the asian market/NCSoft iirc). They did say they would love to revisit as well. It would be nice after 6 years they sorted whatever the problem was and take us back. But it was a Big NO then. Factions was and is my fave campaign out of the 3, EoTN is the only xpac of GW1 so doesn't really count. I'd love to see Cantha back as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say that they won't make any new class or an expansion which we'll have to pay for? The same with any new playable race. I'm still holding my fingers crossed for that. They had no plans for those things in the past but now it's different game and a lot has changed. A lot of people are hyped for cantha and would buy an expansion only to go there.

@Tasida.4085 said:

Where is that place located in the GW map?

@Grave.9258 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they say that they won't make any new class or an expansion which we'll have to pay for? The same with any new playable race. I'm still holding my fingers crossed for that. They had no plans for those things in the past but now it's different game and a lot has changed. A lot of people are hyped for cantha and would buy an expansion only to go there.

No, they talked about expansions even before launch, and never mentioned there would be no cost for them. They did, however, say there would be no cost to regular updates/releases.

I was going to make a really long post of a bunch of stuff I've already said before, but I would just love to see Echovald with its eerie Lord of the Rings vibe forest with a Guild Wars 2 overhaul. It would probably be the greatest map in the game. And Cantha itself has an opportunity to be a lot more diverse than people give it credit for. Sure, it would have the Asian temples and the giant grassy pillars, but it would also have the creepy forest, the snowy mountain area, the rocky gulf area, the tribal coastal area, and a lot more. There's just so much they could do with a deep seas/Canthan expansion.

The one thing I do hope for if they add Cantha in though, is that they really go all out with armor designs. One disappointing thing about Path of Fire is that there's only a few armor sets that really reflect the culture, and yet you see npc's walking around with armor that isn't obtainable and hasn't even been made into an outfit which is surprising considering how fast they were pumping out outfits for awhile.

@CalamityO.2890 said:

@"Cyrin.1035" said:No reason to go there. Waste of time. Cantha is HOT. The only logical place to go next.

No reason to go to Cantha. Bigger waste of time. Enough of the fan service, we got Elona. There is more to Tyria than just "Cantha, Elona".

No reason to go to the place knows as "The Empire of the Dragon", are you sure about that?

Of course a reason to go there can be written, much like a reason to go anywhere can be introduced, just think about the great reason we had to go to ember bay or siren's landing ;)I think if you feel nostalgic for GW1, why not play it for a few hours, it's all there. GW1 had Cantha, so we obviously need to have Cantha in GW2. GW1 had capes, so it's just natural to have capes in GW2. GW1 had ritualists and scythes, so why aren't they already in GW2, seriously. I just wish for something new, something not reliant on nostalgia, something that isn't a reference and not much else. GW1 also rooted you while using 80% of the skills, do we need to have that too? GW1 didn't let you jump, do we need to remove it now in GW2? GW1 was all instanced and railroaded maps with lots of invisble walls, is GW2 representing this badly and it should change?I loved the PoF maps and Elona in general in GW2 and I'm sure if it's Cantha next, ANet will do a great job and I will love it as well. But can't we have something new now since this is a new game? I'd rather have GW2 explore other regions like the Legions Homelands or the Far Shiverpeaks.

(Don't nitpick me on the fact that there is nothing new under the sun in a sense that no real creativity ever exists because nothing just comes out of nowhere. I am fully aware of said fact. I'm just more in favor of picking the road less traveled above endless rehash or reinvention for nostalgic value alone.)

@"Elric.4713" said:No reason to go to the place knows as "The Empire of the Dragon", are you sure about that?

"Dear" Elona hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, has it now?. This is just my hypothesis; 1st expansion went west, 2nd expansion went south. Where do you think the next 2 expansions (logically) will take us?.

@CalamityO.2890 said:

@"Elric.4713" said:No reason to go to the place knows as "The Empire of the Dragon", are you sure about that?

"Dear" Elona hasn't exactly lived up to expectations, has it now?. This is just my hypothesis; 1st expansion went west, 2nd expansion went south. Where do you think the next 2 expansions (logically) will take us?.

Southwest!Some region in the ocean

@CalamityO.2890 said:

@"Cyrin.1035" said:No reason to go there. Waste of time. Cantha is HOT. The only logical place to go next.

No reason to go to Cantha. Bigger waste of time. Enough of the fan service, we got Elona. There is more to Tyria than just "Cantha, Elona".

Elona sucks. I do think Charr home lands and further up the shiverpeaks will be more interesting than Cantha. That does not mean Cantha cannot be added at some point and cannot be good.

Add Cantha! This is not a hard decision. It had a great impact on the first game and it will have a great impact on the second game. It will practically sell an expansion on its own without any other perks. If international sales are a concern then show me where Cantha impacted GW1 sales negatively. Regardless of what everyone's personal opinions are you can't deny that adding Cantha in an expac would boost sales. I mean, I'm sure you will anyway...