New player — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New player

do certain races work better with different professions or is it pretty much pick what ever race you like. starting my 1st character

Comments

  • OrbitalButt.5708OrbitalButt.5708 Member ✭✭✭

    No. Pick whatever floats your boat

  • castlemanic.3198castlemanic.3198 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Races don't have stats. While races do have abilities that can be loaded onto your skill bar, they are tuned and balanced to not be as good as your profession skills. Racial skills also don't affect professions skills and profession skills don't affect racial skills. Also worth noting is that races do not come with bonus stats, a level 80 asura elementalist will have the same stats as a level 80 charr warrior (80 is the maximum level just fyi).

    The only thing that determines your stats is your gear, which you can loot or craft.

    Overall, races don't have an impact on professions. Pick what you like, and have fun!

    If you join a debate and provide little to no proof when the other side provides lots of evidence, you can't then declare yourself the winner of that debate. Veterans can make signatures apparently.

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The only real difference between the races is their appearances. The smaller races can be easier to manage in jumping puzzles and such, but that's really the only "benefit" one race may have over another.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    And fashion. Some players feel the more humanoid models wear fashion better than the non-humanoid models. As well, as size; weapon (and armor) models show up larger (better?) on the bigger races.

    It really depends on what is more important to each player. Likely, most players have some (at least one?) of each Race.

  • Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2018

    @castlemanic.3198 said:
    [...] a level 80 asura elementalist will have the same stats as a level 80 charr warrior [...]

    Note: this post is nitpicking/going into details.

    Your point is correct, but this is technically not quite true.

    Race have no effect on your stats but profession affects one stat: Health.

    Different professions have different base health, so your two examples will have a difference at lvl 80 of roughly 7.5k hp.

    @castlemanic.3198 said:
    Overall, races don't have an impact on professions. Pick what you like, and have fun!

    The conclusion though: 100% true!

  • castlemanic.3198castlemanic.3198 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

    @castlemanic.3198 said:
    [...] a level 80 asura elementalist will have the same stats as a level 80 charr warrior [...]

    Note: this post is nitpicking/going into details.

    Your point is correct, but this is technically not quite true.

    Race have no effect on your stats but profession affects one stat: Health.

    Different professions have different base health, so your two examples will have a difference at lvl 80 of roughly 7.5k hp.

    @castlemanic.3198 said:
    Overall, races don't have an impact on professions. Pick what you like, and have fun!

    The conclusion though: 100% true!

    I forgot about the health thing! Thanks for pointing that out.

    If you join a debate and provide little to no proof when the other side provides lots of evidence, you can't then declare yourself the winner of that debate. Veterans can make signatures apparently.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.