Revenant feels terrible in pvp. It's like Glint\Shiro is the only option.

Hiki.9310

I've been trying to play condition or hybrid builds and nothing feels good. I wanted to play a build without without Shiro, but I just get rooted/stunned and killed because it feels like Shiro has the only good stun break. I wanted to play Renegade, but two of the utility skills and two of the short bow skills are useless. I hate how limited the condition removal options are and how most of the traits in each trait line are useless unless you use the corresponding legend.

You can still use Shiro in a Condition build... Especially if you're playing Renegade where you have lots of other things to spend your energy on. But yeah, the immob-spam trend these past few seasons has only grown and gotten more gross--you literally need Shiro in any build you're going to run. That's not really a Revenant specific problem though... All classes have to bring their soft-cc breaks en masse in 90% of the matches you play.

But yeah, the biggest problem with Rev condi builds is that Mallyx wins games (or at least it did) by controlling points and forcing decaps in team skirmishes--two things that you may recognize as impossible to do with Scourges in every game. It's not just condi rev's that suffer because of this, pretty much any team fighting build from HoT that thrived on either sitting on a point and tanking it hard with boonspam (core bunker guard/bunker tempest/scrapper) or being able to clear a point with crazy point pressure (Mallyx Revs/DH's) is left out in the cold if a scourge is in the match--it doesn't really even have to be a good one. The prevalence of scourges also caused a lot of boon-reliant bunker classes to fall by the wayside, and the popularity of those builds a few metas ago is partially what made Mallyx so successful to begin with via their bunker-breaking BE spam.

Like honestly, you can probably get away with playing Mallyx Herald pretty successfully if there isn't a Scourge on the other team or a Support FB to totally negate your damage--but like, that describes probably 1 out of every 20 games. And even if you're getting away with it, you don't have anywhere near the carry potential you do when you play Power Herald, and having to rely on your teammates in solo-queue is just the worst.

Considering the usual pace between living story episodes, 3 months between each, and that we are just getting 4.3 next week. the 6th and likely final will land in march+ next year. Which will most expectedly have the reveal of the next expansion, as happened with the final episode in ls2 and 3. And then probably a half year more ontop.

People are simply thinking of next due to Renegade being teh suck.

Do not attempt anything but power herald. Sword/sword and staff is the only legitimate game in town. Renegade is garbage and condi rev damage has been significantly nerfed over the last few patches from SPvP standpoint. And is highly susceptible to boon corruption/removal, which plague the game.

Honestly, if you have not played the game for a while I would strongly recommend you do not play rev at all in sPvP.

@Psycholord.5260 said:is there a expansion planned for this years? legit question because i'm seeing a a lot of theorycrafting about what the next Rev elite spec will be.

No, there surely would not be an expansion this year. Probably either later summer or fall of next year.

Archived