Upgrade/Fix Servers Plez

Rezzet.3614

getting sick of them random 5000-7000 ping spikes in WvW

it happens almost daily

aint my network cuz i run various tests when its all lagging and my network readngs are perfectly fine , not to mention the fact any other application open runs just fine

@Rezzet.3614 said:getting sick of them random 5000-7000 ping spikes in WvW

it happens almost daily

aint my network cuz i run various tests when its all lagging and my network readngs are perfectly fine , not to mention the fact any other application open runs just fine

There's a huge amount of internet between your computer and ANet's servers. Just because you experience latency in a single game (or website) doesn't mean it's them. It could be you (there are some interesting things that can happen locally), even if that's unlikely if everything else is smooth. Other possibilities include throttling by your ISP to specific sites or types of traffic, and the most likely: problems with the backbone. Our consumption of bandwidth is growing faster than the utilities ability to deliver more.

Run a program like PingPlotter to determine where the issue is. If you can troubleshoot from there, great: start doing that. And, regardless, also send the data to ANet via a support ticket. If the problem is on their end, they need that info to figure out where the issue is. And if the problem is in between (most likely), they'll be able to offer recommendations as to what to do next (or forward the data to their ISP).

tl;dr just because you have high ping in GW2 (and nothing else) doesn't mean it's ANet

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

it happens almost daily

There's a huge amount of internet between your computer and ANet's servers. Just because you experience latency in a single game (or website) doesn't mean it's them. It could be you (there are some interesting things that can happen locally), even if that's unlikely if everything else is smooth. Other possibilities include throttling by your ISP to specific sites or types of traffic, and the most likely: problems with the backbone. Our consumption of bandwidth is growing faster than the utilities ability to deliver more.

Run a program like PingPlotter to determine where the issue is. If you can troubleshoot from there, great: start doing that. And, regardless, also send the data to ANet via a support ticket. If the problem is on their end, they need that info to figure out where the issue is. And if the problem is in between (most likely), they'll be able to offer recommendations as to what to do next (or forward the data to their ISP).

tl;dr just because you have high ping in GW2 (and nothing else) doesn't mean it's ANet

except it only happens in WvW

the servers cant handle large scale combat they throttle to oblivion even if said combat isnt happening anywhere near the playerheck it might not even be the combat maybe it cant handle 100+ players at once

but yes i downloaded the tool

@Rezzet.3614 said:

it happens almost daily

except it only happens in WvW

the servers cant handle large scale combat they throttle to oblivion even if said combat isnt happening anywhere near the playerheck it might not even be the combat maybe it cant handle 100+ players at once

ArcDPS conveniently includes a "tick counter" that shows the rate at which the server is processing events. Normally, this sits at a stable 25 times a second, but you can see it dip, eg, when Teq final burn is in progress.

I very, very rarely see this in WvW, even when involved in huge fights. If you were to capture the screen with that displayed, and showing slow processing, that would be very compelling proof that you were correct...

Archived