Orichalcum ore price drop too low! Please remove nodes from new maps.

Hitman.5829

Why did you decide to introduce orichalcum ore nodes in the new maps? the ore price was fair at about 2 silver, now it has dropped to 1 silver and it continues to drop even lower. I bought 60 stacks of orichalcum for about $2 silver about 2 years ago, and during this the price of ore remained fairly the same, now my investment dropped by half the price. Why do you feel the need to ruin the economy? Why did not you introduce hardened leather instead? the price of leather is outrageous.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Well, he does have a point. At launch there were very few places that had ori and ancient wood. All the maps that have been and will be added since then are level 80 maps with elder wood, mithril, ancient wood and orichalcum. Unless ANet adds more sinks these mats are going to decrease in value.

I think a decent part of the issue, is that Orich and Ancient are becoming more of what people need. Previous materials are almost useless as far as I'm concerned.

You probably also noticed that prices for mithril, silk, and gossamer also dropped. This is because there are tons more people playing and most don't need the mats, so they sell them at the current market prices. Once the shininess has worn off the new maps, people will start to spread out again and they won't be farming as much.

PS what makes you think most of the new Ori on the market is from nodes? There's also a lot more salvaging going on and even though the ori drop rate is lower, it's still significant because of the volumes due to the increase in folks online.

tl;dr wait a couple of weeks for the market to adjust. Then, if you really want, you can ask for ANet to change the recipe for ori ingots to require 4 ore.

This is to be expected.For those alive in the 1970's remember the oil embargo; gas rationing to even/odd numbers of your license plate, "No Gas Here" signs, and the hitch hikers being picked up for "gas, grass, or ass"? Gas went from $.35/gallon to not available virtually overnight. It was a seller's market for those non-Arabic exporting countries.What is happening now is the reverse: a new reserve is being tapped and it's a buyers market.

Upon the launch of Path of fire. All materials prices went down. Too much gold in the system. There is an over supply of materials.. They should introduce something new use for those materials. Like crafting new buff similar to food. The game should consider this to decrease the number of supply in the market.

@Ariurotl.3718 said:It's the market. Things don't always work out as you expect, of which fact I'm regularly reminded by my Aqua Satin dyes I've got listed at 187.69.69 (yeah, I know, nice) and will never sell.

Like i said, orichalcum nodes were completely unnecessary because the market had shown that the price was fair and there was good supply of materials, now the market has been flooded with orichalcum. What anet did was "print orichalcum". Just like when USA prints money!

Yea in prep for PoF I canceled all of my TP auctions and played the wait and see game. Prices on most crafting mat dropped so I would have lose some gold if I was invested in that market. I have not see many high end rewards that demand an specific item. Players are not in the farming mode part of PoF yet. We are still exploring, gathering, and realizing that their are alot of new ways to get crafting mats now.

Why would any> @Hitman.5829 said:

@Ariurotl.3718 said:It's the market. Things don't always work out as you expect, of which fact I'm regularly reminded by my Aqua Satin dyes I've got listed at 187.69.69 (yeah, I know, nice) and will never sell.

Like i said, orichalcum nodes were completely unnecessary because the market had shown that the price was fair and there was good supply of materials, now the market has been flooded with orichalcum. What anet did was "print orichalcum". Just like when USA prints money!

Wow. There's so many things wrong with this. First, how do you define a fair price? Second, how do you think money works?

even with less ore nodes, the metal packs that can be bought with karma and trade contracts would still bring down the prices. You have nobody but yourself to blame for making a gamble that didn't play out.

Now I'm pretty sure Anet knew they were going to crash the tp by introducing all these materials into the system, but why? did they want to make it easier to just buy the materials for legendaries? I guess we'll find out soon enough

@Hitman.5829 said:There is no reason to introduce orchalcum nodes in the new maps, the market was fine at $2 silver per ore. The price was fair and it was an indication that supply and demand were balanced, but now there is more supply than demand and the price sinked too low.

Who says that 2s/ore is fair? Why is 1s/ore any sort of problem at all for the economy?

And your argument still fails to acknowledge that even if there were zero nodes, the price would still have dropped — just look at the price of silk and mithril, which also crashed. More people are playing today than a month ago, a higher fraction are in open world, and so more stuff is dropping and being salvaged. This happens even with LS releases, which have smaller areas (and arguably a higher density of ori/ancient per square foot/meter).

My advice remains: wait it out. Let's see what the economy is doing a month from now, right before Halloween releases (after which various mats will drop like crazy, while others will rise).

Archived