ROLLER BEETLES incoming! Are you ready?

We don't know how they can be acquired yet, but if it's anything like the Griffon, you'll need to save up or have lots of gold at the ready to ultimately purchase one.I hope they just make it a long and fun scavenger hunt instead of requiring a gold cost, but if it must be expensive, I'm breaking out the plastic card folks. Especially if new skins come with it ;)

Are you ready to get your new mount? Or do you plan on taking things slow and getting it at some point?

BT6SfhF.jpg2ElhPlc.png43e9EHY.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have incessantly logged on and off because I'm so excited about the roller beetle and I cannot wait.

But I hope to god it's not like the griffon. It really should just be treated like the other ground mounts, since it follows similar mechanics and movement styles to the other mounts. Griffons are wholly unique because of their ability to fly across the entire map in less than a minute if you got to a high enough place and being the glider mount, but faster. Though I'd be fine with a scavenger hunt type deal too, but just not a 250 gold sink.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:I have the feeling the new mount will be the mastery for the new zone and likely not anywhere near the cost of the griffon. But I could end up being wrong about that. And I'll definitely be getting it ASAP. ;)

Even better. I can imagine the flurry of players coursing through the map and story to complete the mastery.

Since this mount will be needed to traverse the new map and any further maps in LS4, it should follow a price point the main mounts had, affordable but not too cheap. I'm guessing between 20-50g with it's own mastery like the other mounts.Other than that, I can't wait for it! I wonder what sort of luxury skins are in the works for it. /ponder

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Since this mount will be needed to traverse the new map and any further maps in LS4, it should follow a price point the main mounts had, affordable but not too cheap. I'm guessing between 20-50g with it's own mastery like the other mounts.Other than that, I can't wait for it! I wonder what sort of luxury skins are in the works for it. /ponder

I see a charr motorcycle in our future.

I was hoping for an underwater mount, the beetle doesn't seem to do anything special other then getting rid of a map gimmick. At this point I'm more interested in the gizmos from the heart vendors tbh. The Prototype Position Rewinder was definitely a step in the right direction but hopefully someday we can finally get a weapon or a summon without some kind of BS restriction (like one time use) attached to it.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Since this mount will be needed to traverse the new map and any further maps in LS4, it
should
follow a price point the main mounts had, affordable but not too cheap. I'm guessing between 20-50g with it's own mastery like the other mounts.Other than that, I can't wait for it! I wonder what sort of luxury skins are in the works for it. /ponder

I see a charr motorcycle in our future.

A Charr biker gang. Hmm, Biker outfit in TP soon?

And we all remember the Beetle race in GW1, in Cantha.... ;)Perhaps a hint as we will go to Cantha soon!!! ??We're finally getting to Kourna! I wonder if there is any Kournan military or any alive villages.

But I am really excited for our new mount! Super übercute too!!?

If it's part of the current mastery, then the cost is mostly just getting that mastery. They can't make it hard to get if you need it to get past story blocks.

I also honestly think that it's going to be mostly for this one zone. We may be able to use it outside of there, but like the jumping mushrooms from HoT, you're not going to find the special action points for it anywhere outside of a few zones. It wouldn't even surprise me if you can't use them outside of this and later LS4 zones.

And I'm almost ready. I have just a bit further to go to collect my 10K Volatile Magic for whatever the new node is.

@Palador.2170 said:I also honestly think that it's going to be mostly for this one zone. We may be able to use it outside of there, but like the jumping mushrooms from HoT, you're not going to find the special action points for it anywhere outside of a few zones. It wouldn't even surprise me if you can't use them outside of this and later LS4 zones.

That would go against everything they said mounts would be if we couldn't even use the roller beetle outside of this living world episode and future ones. Mounts have a utility like the downed skill signet of agony, one that goes beyond the bounds of the living world episodes.

The most likely course that will happen is that the roller beetle will have the same utility as the jackal, where the jackals ability to jump through sand portals is limited to PoF zones and the roller beetles ability to burst through walls is limited to episode 3 and onwards of this season. Like the jackal, the beetle should ideally be available outside of PoF zones, even if there's a specific aspect of it that doesn't get wider use.

One fun thing to note though, while it is literally the single instance of quicksand outside of PoF, the quicksand lane in dry top was registered the same as quicksand in the PoF zones, which is a decent touch considering skimmers get a speed boost over quicksand. If there were smaller barricades that roller beetles could punch through in core zones, that would be amazing, but I have every reason to believe that will not be the case.

It's the first time since a long time that i'm really looking forward to a new LS episode. I really hope it is ''just'' a mastery wich i can get easily. It takes me from PoF launch till a few weeks ago to get the griffon. It's not that i have not enough time to play or gold to spend, i just hardly dislike huge collections. I must force myself to do them so hopefully my new bug bike can get by just farming mastery points or within the LS story.

Oh man I can't wait for the new episode to come out and I can finally get my hands on the roller beetle. It's so dang cute! c:

I haven't got a clue how expensive it might be - I saved up 80 gold (so far) as a just in case. If it's more expensive then at least I got a chunk saved up, and if it's cheaper then great! Highly doubt it'll be like the griffon in costs, but you'll never know until the episode arrives.

Archived