Specializations you would love to see

Symo.7803

So, as the title says, which specs would you love to see? Which utilities? Which weapon could fit well with your specialization?Don't want huge concepts, just curious to see what people have in mind! :)

My first concept is Bard spec for Mesmer.To fit the music/performance based concept of the bard from most rpgs I think the horn would fit well.Bard will have access to Kits like the engi ones, but each one will be a different musical instrument and will fit a different role, healing (obv the healing skill), dealing damage, conditions, cc and buffs.The new mechanic for Bards should be music based, so I was thinking about something like the generation of musical notes as a resource, new "shatter" skill F5 would use this resource to give buffs to the Bard or the rest of the team.

Show me your ideas now, I'm just super curious!

I would like to see a Bastion specialization for Elementalist that would use a two handed weapon either Great sword or Long Bow, would give weapon swap only if using that weapon, and that weapon would not have any attunements, it would only have 5 skills , and weapon swap would not have cooldowns. The skills would probably be more focused on enhancing the area or the elementalist's other weapon set, staff / scepter / dagger / focus skills. Probably gives lots of auras boons combo fields. Also the skills would be one of each element with animations to fit, like skill 1 would be fire, 2 water, 3 air, 4 earth, 5 arcane. I'm sure there could be a way to make it work. The class would be more of a tank support I assume.

Hmm.

Necromancer:

• Ritualist: Spirits, urns, unique buffs. A support healing spec with interesting ranged support offensive option and supportive defensive options. Interesting synergy with minions to make a unique power base minion bomber much like gw1.
  • Deathcap: Minion bomber focused spec that replaces shroud for a utility bar involving summoning minions through life force. Uses a life and death cycle of game play and pushes a zerg rush and fragile style minion masters aren't used to in gw2. Uses a shield and sacrifice skills. It's themed on sylvari necromancer lore using fungi to reanimate corpses and spore clouds along with heavy poisons and confusion.

Engineer:

• Golemmancer. A staff wielding engineer who builds minions out of scrap and sends them to fight in the engineer's place. The minions would have double the utility of the necromancer minions and could even be used as to make power armor or other weapons from their pieces. The spec would he themed around a voltron identity of play making your super sentai fighter. Heavily influenced by asura culture and possibly inquest.
  • Chemist. Pushing more the alchemist theme would be fun to see. Using potions as a sort of support and condition damage spec that enhances allies while hindering foes. Possibly doing something entirely unique like modifying the very properties of their combo fields to have a completely new effect even for allies combing in it. Like maybe whirling through a chemist's fire field creates a damage field that follows the whirling ally as they move to allies. Or perhaps leaping through a ice field will cause the attack strike to cause the froze. Status on a foe for a second. The possibilities are truly endless.

Mesmer:

• Siren. Taking the exact opposite direction that the bard takes in using sound rather then to inspire allies but to ensnare foes, causing damage and tamping up their afflictions. A strange spec that uses its clones to taunt foes drawing them further into a web of distortion and terrors fueled by their own imagination. Sound in real life can trigger an emotional response from humans and at certain frequencies can make us uncomfortable or even cause us to hallucinate. With Chronomancer manipulating our time sense and mirage manipulating our sight sense we can keep this theme going. We've got plenty more senses to go.

That's all I've got for now. But if I think of some more I'll comment again.. although a aura using guardian spec might be neat.

I have two more for you guys

First is Ritualist for Necromancer, based on gw1 factions' class. It will obviously have access to spirits like the old gw1 ritualist and I guess they could replace the shroud with ashes mechanic like they did with firebrand's tomes, replacing necro's weapon with a bundle, to fit gw1 class. I don't know which weapon would work with it.

My other idea is a minion based Engineer, so we could have a real Golemancer using asura golems as minions. He could be equipping a mace in both main and offhand to give engi some more weapon variety and also fitting the concept of a hammer-like object used to build/repair things which is common in a lot of games.

@Symo.7803 said:I have two more for you guys

First is Ritualist for Necromancer, based on gw1 factions' class. It will obviously have access to spirits like the old gw1 ritualist and I guess they could replace the shroud with ashes mechanic like they did with firebrand's tomes, replacing necro's weapon with a bundle, to fit gw1 class. I don't know which weapon would work with it.

My other idea is a minion based Engineer, so we could have a real Golemancer using asura golems as minions. He could be equipping a mace in both main and offhand to give engi some more weapon variety and also fitting the concept of a hammer-like object used to build/repair things which is common in a lot of games.

Sword, Trident, mace all work for ritualist. They could always double up with staff. Torch works best imo but scourge gets that. Although I wouldn't mind touch twice.

@"Symo.7803" said:I have two more for you guys

I also want Golemancer. My idea for this would also be mace main hand. It would have a Golem as a pet, a bit like ranger, but instead of having various golems, you just have one that you can customise. By opening the Pet window, you can equip "parts" to the golem. The parts affect it's stats, skills and appearance. Some of these skills can be triggered with the F buttons. Engi no longer has access to the F skills given by it's utilities, but instead has a degree of control over the golem.

@Lord Krilik.3692 said:

@"Symo.7803" said:I have two more for you guys

First is
Ritualist
for
Necromancer
, based on gw1 factions' class. It will obviously have access to spirits like the old gw1 ritualist and I guess they could replace the shroud with ashes mechanic like they did with firebrand's tomes, replacing necro's weapon with a bundle, to fit gw1 class. I don't know which weapon would work with it.

My other idea is a minion based
Engineer
, so we could have a real
Golemancer
using asura golems as minions. He could be equipping a mace in both main and offhand to give engi some more weapon variety and also fitting the concept of a hammer-like object used to build/repair things which is common in a lot of games.

I also want Golemancer. My idea for this would also be mace main hand. It would have a Golem as a pet, a bit like ranger, but instead of having various golems, you just have one that you can customise. By opening the Pet window, you can equip "parts" to the golem. The parts affect it's stats, skills and appearance. Some of these skills can be triggered with the F buttons. Engi no longer has access to the F skills given by it's utilities, but instead has a degree of control over the golem.

This is a great idea too! love it!

Elite spec: Technomancer

Role: Long range constant damage DPS / melee range bunker-bruiser.

Weapon - Staff: 1200 range power-based weapon.Electricity-based attacks. Good sustained damage against single target.Main attack applies Conduction on target. Multiple targets with Conduction create an Electrical Circuit if they are near each other. All enemies in Electrical Circuit take damage when any of them is attacked by Engineer's electricity attacks, while some skills can gave bonus effects depending on number of enemies it Electrical Circuit.Some skills can apply Conduction on multiple targets, while some other skills can consume Conduction for a more powerful effects.

New ability type - Device: creates a device that perform AoE effect during its duration. Works like Wells, but all Devices always have at least two effect: one that triggers when Device is deployed or during its lifespan and second one that triggers at the end of Device duration. For example, the device can suck enemies in like a black hole on initial effect and then greatly knock them back at the end.Some Devices hurt enemies, while other help allies and apply boons.

New class mechanic - Mech-suit: all weapon skills generate Power Charge. This Power Charge acts like a second health bar similar to Necro's Death Shroud when Mech is activated by F5 key. F5 is a 1200 range Leap, which helps to engage melee combat after fighting at long range with Staff. Power Charge depletes by taken damage and can be consumed by some Mech-suit skills.Mech-suit skills are mostly melee, but with some range options. Mech attacks are slow, powerful, most of them has fairly long CDs. A lot of skills has a CC components like knock-back or knockdown.

Toolbelt skills are all changed to special Mech-suit skilll called Overdrive. Each Overdrive skill has a very powerful effect, but consumes a lot of Power Charge and can be used only once per Mech-suit summon. This limitation engages players to switch between normal mode and Mech mode more frequently.Engineer in Mech-suit mode is quite tanky due to second HP bar in form of Power Charge, but staying too long in this mode costs a dps loss due too long CDs.

Pressing F5 key when Mech is actives engages a Self-Destruction sequence and allows Engineer to leap away. Self-Destruction destroys Mech and consumes all Power Charge. Self-Destruction deals a lot of AoE damage by default, but can have more effects with special Traits. Self-Destruction effect are more powerful if more Power Charge consumed.Self-Destruction triggers automatically when all Power Charge is depleted, but with very weak effect.Self-Destruction has a short time window that allows player to choose where to leap away.

PROS:

• Reliable long range option
  • Good constant single target damage as well as multi-target chain damage
  • Good sustain and bunker potential with Mech-suit
  • Engaging gameplay that encourages constant switching between long range damaging and close range tanking and CCing
  • No AI involved

CONS:

• Low synergy with Conditions
  • No in-build mobility except Mech's leap-in and Self-Destruction leap-away skills
  • Fairly long CDs
  • Toolbelt skills are locked in Mech-suit mode
  • Mech-suit attacks are slow and readable in PvP

Ranger:Warden:Role: Control, Bruiser, Melee AoE dmgWeapon: Double Mace: Focusses on Barrier and CCClass Mechanic: WispWisp replaces the pet completely and is not attackable. It produces a dmg field that changes its effect depending on pet type equipped.Wisps have different AoE capabbilities depending on archetype F2-3. And can be placed with the F1 skill.

New Skill type: ConcecrationsFunction: Area Denial dmg and debuffing

Revenant:Invoker:Role: Close up Dmg and ControlWeapon: Greatsword: Mid Range Power and Condi dmgClass Mechanic: Legendary Avatar

Legendary Avatar:Mist-Being Razzah allows you to channel the Avatar of your Legend of choice that grant you 5 new weapon abbilities depending on the current legend invoked. All these weaponskills count as Legendary Avatar skills regardless of current invoked legend.

Skills: Glyphs: New Utilities that have different effects depending on Legend. They can be swapped in for any Legend Utility skill (not Heal and Elite though, but 6 new glyphs still)

Revenant:Norn themed spec featuring the Owl as the legend and granting a powerfull semi animal transformation to the revenant on the F2 skill.This would satisfy my long lasting wish to see norn transformations being usefull in the game.

Ranger:A spec that totally remove access to the pet and replace it by a "spirit". It would be a spec that give a feeling of a spellcaster using the spirit as a medium for it's utility skills creating area of effect at the location of the spirit. The utility skills would use the available spirits much like an elementalist use attunment. The ranger would have to rotate between 2 spirits (much like the current pet system) and those spirit's F2 would be some signet like skills with a passive and an active effect.

Necromancer:Either an e-spec that change the shroud into a weapon swap like thing. (no second life bar and access to utility skills while in shroud). Something simple with a focus on mechanisms that are usefull in PvE and not in PvP/WvW.Seriously, no more WvW spec. A good PvE spec that don't make any ruckus in PvP/WvW that's all I want!

Or an e-spec that focus on endurance hate. Skills that drain the enemy's endurance bar and deal them damage based on how much endurance was drain for example. Some weakness related traits... etc.While it's bound to be hated from both necromancers and other professions, I feel that such thematic would be fitting and very easy to develop. Thought balance wise this would be a nightmare

Elementalist:An e-spec with an F5 using a ressource that build itself when you switch attunment and grant the elementalist a barrier and other buffs (when traited for it) on use.I have the feeling that it's what the elementalist need the most. A spec very close to what spellbreaker is.

Thief:An e-spec that focus on shadow arts, replacing the stealth effect by a "shadow" effect. This would be a more tanky spec, disabling the stealth attack but gaining quite a lot of survivability when in "shadow" (especially since traits that proc while in stealth would proc while in shadow). The spec would also have a focus on reveal which would become difficult to obtain since the thief wouldn't be able to proc it naturally (no more stealth)Just like the idea of the stealthless thief... Can't help it.

No specific wishes for other professions.

Ranger Bunny doggon thumper: Gain access to hammer and physical skills

Focos on aoe damage and hard CC.

Have access to only one pet which grows to adulthood, type definded by grandmaster trait selection, pet swap becomes comfort animal now heals cleanses pet/ pet is dead revives pet to 50% health and goes on a longer CD

Hearty: tanky supportive gains vit toughness removes conditions around ranger and pet on swap

Dire: boosts power and condition damage of pet ranger and pet gain 20% power/condition damage boost for 5 seconds

Elder: boosts all stats on pet (including concetration and expertise) aoe random boons on swap.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:Gladiator for Warrior New Special Skills when Sword + Shield ist equiped.Paladin for Guardian Mace + Shield.currently playing warrior or guardian with shield is jus meh.

Or Guardian Valkyrie. just take skills and movement from the Queen Valkyrie from God of War 4 ;-)

Na guard will be OP. They all will shout valhall and one shot you. New Meta would be lame :P

Ranger outrider:

Medium/long range rifle specialized in soft and hard cc

Combat/war mounts of equal speed to the player or can maximise to the same speed as swiftness

Use the 'beast mode' of soul beast to mount the titan to go to war with it against a chosen for.

F1/2 are of the species skills whilst F3 is animal specificMounts could be taken from our current roster

Eg.War raptor - leap/tail spin knock back with a different F3 per beasts; if mech raptor - release missiles; if base raptor - rend and tear a knocked down foe

For Revenant I'd like to see some kind of ritualist or necromantic themed Legend Vizier Khilbron. For Necromancer something more wraith or banshee like that was focused on more long ranged options with the longbow. It's a pitty Reaper has Shout skills as a Wraith/Banshee themed Elite is just screaming for Shout skills.

@bearshaman.3421 said:

@Rym.1469 said:Anything with power fists, really. Or with a solid martial arts theme.

Ideally both.

I think Daredevil is the closest to that we'll get...

Daredevil has a part of it, but it's a mixbag of themes and executes none to it's fullest in my eyes.

How I perceive the specialization I mentioned is a mix of Windwalker Monk from WoW with LoL's Vi. Bruce Lee meets Mad Max sort of thing.

Archived