The State of Submitting a Ticket

This post could go in either of the Support threads, so instead of reposting in each of them, I’ll just post it here.I ran across a technical issue while playing recently and went to search Support for past events like mine and then post what happened to me. I did find the exact thing I had experienced and looked at how to add my “failure” to other players.There are some guidelines on how to submit a ticket, but few people are following them. They ask for; Character Race, Profession, Character Level, Map Location, Time and Date, and then any info you feel may have contributed. It’s almost like what they are asking for is optional. This makes the coders’ work that much harder because of incomplete data, multiple entries from the same individual, and open discussion-like posts mixed in. It even says in the “How to report ….” Thread that multiple posts by the same gamer on the same issue will only slow the process down.I am wondering why there isn’t a simple drop-down or template for listing technical issues. To find patterns, you need as much similar data as possible. Drop-downs are simple to design, I’ve even done them for work projects where you are looking for set data choices. You wouldn’t even need to add the data and update it at the game grows, just add named blank spaces the coders need to track issues with an optional box at the end to add further info. An optional (anonymous) email confirmation could be used to assist players in tracking the progress of their specific issue.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:This post could go in either of the Support threads, so instead of reposting in each of them, I’ll just post it here.I ran across a technical issue while playing recently and went to search Support for past events like mine and then post what happened to me. I did find the exact thing I had experienced and looked at how to add my “failure” to other players.There are some guidelines on how to submit a ticket, but few people are following them. They ask for; Character Race, Profession, Character Level, Map Location, Time and Date, and then any info you feel may have contributed. It’s almost like what they are asking for is optional. This makes the coders’ work that much harder because of incomplete data, multiple entries from the same individual, and open discussion-like posts mixed in. It even says in the “How to report ….” Thread that multiple posts by the same gamer on the same issue will only slow the process down.I am wondering why there isn’t a simple drop-down or template for listing technical issues. To find patterns, you need as much similar data as possible. Drop-downs are simple to design, I’ve even done them for work projects where you are looking for set data choices. You wouldn’t even need to add the data and update it at the game grows, just add named blank spaces the coders need to track issues with an optional box at the end to add further info. An optional (anonymous) email confirmation could be used to assist players in tracking the progress of their specific issue.

How do you know what other players are including in (or omitting from) their tickets to the CS Team? I wasn't aware that information was made public; I certainly hope not.

If you mean posts in the Bugs sub-forum, I don't think it's possible to change the forums to include drop-down menus for one (or any/all) sub-forums.That information is included, automatically, when using the in-game Bug Report feature.

@"costepj.5120" said:That sounds like 20th century technology. Data analytics today is all about natural language parsing and data mining.

You're right, but somewhere along the line people are submitting tickets properly. Just peruse the Bugs and Technical Issue threads and, even though "rules" are set on what to display and how often, it's not being followed. I ran into a few times where individuals said they had resubmitted the same problem if it wasn't solved in, say, six months.

I'm just asking if there is a better way to improve the system.

Archived