Balance Mechanism Suggestion

I was thinking of some of the game issues we have now. Such as power creep and AOE spam. Being OS just by 4 AOE hitting at the same time in Wvw (less happening in spvp tho)

And then I was considering a feature that could be added to skills and I don't know if that's already existing. But what about adding a feature such as "deals less damage for the number of targets it hits" on key skills.

Hear me there :

• Revenant sword #4 / hammer 2
  • Warrior Full counter
  • Necromancer condi duration on boon strip? Wells
  • Mesmer dmg on shatter per clone or phantasm attacks
  • Guardian symbols
  • Thief pistol whip? it's a pretty one target class tho
  • Engineer (nothing? overall dmg is a problem so IDK)
  • Ranger Axe 5
  • Elementalist Meteor Shower per single meteor

Can't remember where I discover that feature ... in which game tho but might be a nice addition to the game ... or maybe not.

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:Wait guardian symbols are a threat to anyone ever>?

I had a hard time finding skills as an example on guardian .... and they are one of the only dmg AOEs on guardian (that can be "spammed")

Maybe it's not as reliable as scourge ... was just trying to find examples on each class.

Such as engineer : kits are very tricky to balance imo so ... i dont know honestly. Since the main problem is overall photon forge dmg on holosmith (not really based on AOE etc)

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:yeah in term of skill design sword 2 and 3 "works like that" =) and no sword 4 increase the duration of immob per target you hit ... nothing about damage reduction :)

The initial hit hits 5 targets followed by 5 single target slashes randomly split amongst enemies.

Edit: here’s a link. Read rework details.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shackling_Wave

Archived