Most OP Class Jun 12 to Aug 6 2018 Season

Apolo.5942

@Apolo.5942 said:

@DaShi.1368 said:No, he's obsessed with mesmer. He even made a cry post in the mesmer forum.

The votes say otherwise.

The votes don't really change his recent complaint spree against them.

If the votes are anything to go by, im not alone on it either...

There's a reason argument ad populum is still a logical fallacy. But that isn't to say I don't think Mirage isn't overtuned.

@allias.1420 said:

@Coolguy.8702 said:Rev would be op af if this were a power meta, the damage and sustain they have against power builds is hilarious

rev has almost no sustain whatsoever

It has plenty of sustain when the other team is dumb AF and doesn't pay attention to infused light.

but realistically, no, Rev is not anywhere close to anything that can be called OP. It has one cheesy skill ( Sword 4 does too much damage ) and can stack might too quick. Everything else about the class is either par or sub-par hence why it has no meta spec.

If you poll the entire game even when mesmer was only taken for portal and was virtually replaceable in slot by any other damage spec; majority would still vote Mesmer.The sample size of which would include all the bads from low tiers where Mesmer is a noob stomper class.

Appeal to popularity is a great way to push your own agenda, but at the end of the day most players refuse to do what is needed to fight a mirage. You can defeat any power build by just using your head, and condi just needs to be brought to that standard.

It really doesn’t help that Condi mirage being the main problem is something many fail to point out.The complaints are full of hyperbole, but it does need to have its application looked at.

Or you know the meta could shift to counter it, but then people will lose other valuable matchups and they’d rather cry on forums than make that trade.

“Hrp drp... makes game unplayable, and super toxic!!! But I didn’t doge shatters, count doges, know how their weapons work, no terrain manipulation, don’t even know what I can run that is strong against it, and don’t use any of the many ways to avoid phantasms... So nerf plz!”

I'm not voting ,because the issues with combat lay much deeper,and simply focusing on one class or the otherwon't solve anything,it will just result in different class names in the titles of forum threads about class balance.The fact is that continuously,season after season and patch after patch,each time we end up with a few specs thatdominate the scene.

@"Aenaos.8160" said:I'm not voting ,because the issues with combat lay much deeper,and simply focusing on one class or the otherwon't solve anything,it will just result in different class names in the titles of forum threads about class balance.The fact is that continuously,season after season and patch after patch,each time we end up with a few specs thatdominate the scene.

While I agree with the last sentence in your statement, Mirage really is "ridiculously" over-powered right now.

The interesting part about it all is that it I believe it is intended, which is scary in terms of viewing balance from a player's standpoint. We've seen Mesmer builds dominant the top 3 meta positions ever since the game released and we've seen a couple truly broken Mesmer builds during that time "Chronomancer Bunkers with bugged CD mantras in S1" "Chronomancer Bunkers recently in S11" but those builds were quickly fixed, indicating that they were not intended. Mirage on the other hand, has squeaked past all patching since PoF arrived, which I assume means... they intended for this?

Regardless, the current Condi Mirage is the only spec we've seen since Core D/D Cele Ele, that deserves to be put in a category of its of own above the meta. Both of these build structures share 3 things in common: 1. During their life span they somehow avoid patching, indicating that they are not broken, but rather are being allowed to function at an OP level. 2. They win every 1v1 situation and have no weaknesses within the rock/paper/scissors of the intra-class dynamic. 3. They perform every job role better than any of the other classes, with the exception of Firebrand being a better team support than a Mirage.

It's to the point that when I meet a new player who mains Mirage and I see that he is in plat 1 division, I can't help but to think that he would probably only ever had made it as far as about gold 2, if he has chosen to main a different class. <- Not to be insulting, but seriously.

Archived