Most OP Class Jun 12 to Aug 6 2018 Season — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Most OP Class Jun 12 to Aug 6 2018 Season

Apolo.5942Apolo.5942 Member ✭✭✭

Choose your worst offender, which class is in your opinion the most grossly over the top.

Conditions need to be normalized:
1- SINGLE PLAYER conditions stack on DURATION.
2- MULTIPLE PLAYERS conditions stack on INTENSITY.
3- REBALANCE condition duration, damage and application.

Most OP Class Jun 12 to Aug 6 2018 Season 252 votes

Elementalist
1%
Bazooka.3590lowey.1740Babacua.3125zsoltee.6905 4 votes
Engineer
4%
Delweyn.1309phokus.8934Crab Fear.1624otto.5684Yukio blaster.9082SPESHAL.9106ZeteCommander.4937Shuriken.6738MetalAssault.7906Enio.1682Luca.4670 11 votes
Guardian
2%
Kraitan.8476Menyus.4610bravan.3876Hylo.1968Classic Perception.2507Stars.8576 6 votes
Mesmer
61%
BlaqueFyre.5678maddoctor.2738TheSlothArmada.6709Krispera.5087Possessed Priest.2870Strages.2950Tashigi.3159ButterPeanut.9746Glider.5792Trevor Boyer.6524witcher.3197Solzero.5380st elmos fire.2987Sunshine.5014Drecake.6174Asum.4960Faux Play.6104Cacti Eleven.9135Solaerin.8635Undo.5091 155 votes
Necromancer
4%
Vagrant.7206Loboling.5293azizul.8469Tapps.1479Apolo.5942Dark Knight.6294Sombra.3246urdriel.8496Frostmane.9734Meesterlijk.6849Alexa.5094rvs.5489 12 votes
Ranger
3%
Poplolita.2638shinta.8906DamiVlad.2689Onikuma.4501GoodWithGravy.8019KEN.3709Beczka.1746Quahodrom.1065T Z D.7058 9 votes
Revenant
2%
Abelisk.4527Ayrilana.1396Whitworth.7259Coolguy.8702thebatman.6250Nuka Cola.8520eyesrutherford.1357 7 votes
Thief
5%
OGDeadHead.8326XxsdgxX.8109Crinn.7864BeLZedaR.4790Bzz.1904TAIKA.1903Swing.6439Twyn.7320Rufo.3716Nath Forge Tempete.1645Arbalest.4506Gamble.4580jportell.2197TildoX.1286 14 votes
Warrior
8%
Belghar.3024DaShi.1368Raiden The Beast.3016Eggyokeo.9705Azrielvon.7836plushiesoda.8150Bilbo.2540ollbirtan.2915CeNedro.7560Widmo.3186TheBandit.7031ghaleon.2861Paarthurnax.8931Bolero Bloodreign.9025DrDivine.5378DeadlyVenoms.1638Astery.7914UfoCoffee.2084Revelation.6293Zenix.6198 22 votes
They are all fairly balanced
4%
Solori.6025Sanity Obscure.6054rank eleven monk.9502DedalNort.3627killahmayne.9518Marmatt.8590Phantaram.1265Julius Seizure.4985Phantaram.4816Arioch.4810rigour.8749GewRoo.4172 12 votes

Comments

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mesmer

Did you really expect anything else?

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

@Turk.5460 said:
    Did you really expect anything else?

Judging by the votes, he expected Necromancer lol.

Praise Joko!

• Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

@DaShi.1368 said:
    No, he's obsessed with mesmer. He even made a cry post in the mesmer forum.

The votes say otherwise.

Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

Quality balance changes^TM

• DaShi.1368DaShi.1368 Member ✭✭✭
    Warrior

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@DaShi.1368 said:

The votes say otherwise.

Yeah, funny that. :rolleyes:

• EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@DaShi.1368 said:

The votes say otherwise.

The votes don't really change his recent complaint spree against them.

• Apolo.5942Apolo.5942 Member ✭✭✭
    Necromancer

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@DaShi.1368 said:

The votes say otherwise.

If the votes are anything to go by, im not alone on it either...

@Apolo.5942 said:

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@DaShi.1368 said:

The votes say otherwise.

If the votes are anything to go by, im not alone on it either...

There's a reason argument ad populum is still a logical fallacy. But that isn't to say I don't think Mirage isn't overtuned.

• They are all fairly balanced

I feel that balance is fairly good, with perhaps a shave well deserved for Spellbreaker and Mirage in particular. I wouldn’t call these classes OP though, they are just a bit too strong.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

Scourge is still a huge, game-changing problem. Literally every build in the meta has been designed to deal with it.

Mirage is still overpowered, don't get me wrong. But scourge forces theorycrafters to build around it.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Coolguy.8702Coolguy.8702 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

Rev would be op af if this were a power meta, the damage and sustain they have against power builds is hilarious

• allias.1420allias.1420 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

@Coolguy.8702 said:
    Rev would be op af if this were a power meta, the damage and sustain they have against power builds is hilarious

rev has almost no sustain whatsoever

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭
    Mesmer

Necro is balance now maybe bronze tier thinks it's op

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mesmer

@allias.1420 said:

@Coolguy.8702 said:

rev has almost no sustain whatsoever

It has plenty of sustain when the other team is dumb AF and doesn't pay attention to infused light.

but realistically, no, Rev is not anywhere close to anything that can be called OP. It has one cheesy skill ( Sword 4 does too much damage ) and can stack might too quick. Everything else about the class is either par or sub-par hence why it has no meta spec.

• Nath Forge Tempete.1645Nath Forge Tempete.1645 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018
    Thief

Wow ppl (5 ppl) think revenant is OP ... well if you don't see it coming maybe yeah haha from a revenant main , this is the most OP pick ahaha kidding ... I just don't like the full counter from thief on revenant. Personnal issue

• Mesmer

There is only one class that makes this game mode unplayable.

Mesmer.

Anet please savagely Nerf Mesmer until it is the weakest class, then leave it there for at least a year.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Engineer

According to all forum logic, I got killed by a Holosmith so they must be OP. /s

I just chose Engineer because no one else did. :(

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not voting ,because the issues with combat lay much deeper,and simply focusing on one class or the other
    won't solve anything,it will just result in different class names in the titles of forum threads about class balance.
    The fact is that continuously,season after season and patch after patch,each time we end up with a few specs that
    dominate the scene.

• Menyus.4610Menyus.4610 Member ✭✭✭
    Guardian

I wanna change my vote to mesmer, just went a match with 2 enemy mirage deep kitten, the shame of game industry that this class is allowed in pvp, anet wanted to make it esl no wonder why it failed so incompetent balance team

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018
    Mesmer

@Aenaos.8160 said:
    I'm not voting ,because the issues with combat lay much deeper,and simply focusing on one class or the other
    won't solve anything,it will just result in different class names in the titles of forum threads about class balance.
    The fact is that continuously,season after season and patch after patch,each time we end up with a few specs that
    dominate the scene.

While I agree with the last sentence in your statement, Mirage really is "ridiculously" over-powered right now.

The interesting part about it all is that it I believe it is intended, which is scary in terms of viewing balance from a player's standpoint. We've seen Mesmer builds dominant the top 3 meta positions ever since the game released and we've seen a couple truly broken Mesmer builds during that time "Chronomancer Bunkers with bugged CD mantras in S1" "Chronomancer Bunkers recently in S11" but those builds were quickly fixed, indicating that they were not intended. Mirage on the other hand, has squeaked past all patching since PoF arrived, which I assume means... they intended for this?

Regardless, the current Condi Mirage is the only spec we've seen since Core D/D Cele Ele, that deserves to be put in a category of its of own above the meta. Both of these build structures share 3 things in common: 1. During their life span they somehow avoid patching, indicating that they are not broken, but rather are being allowed to function at an OP level. 2. They win every 1v1 situation and have no weaknesses within the rock/paper/scissors of the intra-class dynamic. 3. They perform every job role better than any of the other classes, with the exception of Firebrand being a better team support than a Mirage.

It's to the point that when I meet a new player who mains Mirage and I see that he is in plat 1 division, I can't help but to think that he would probably only ever had made it as far as about gold 2, if he has chosen to main a different class. <- Not to be insulting, but seriously.

• thebatman.6250thebatman.6250 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

Revenant OP Pls nerf me Anet OwO

• azizul.8469azizul.8469 Member ✭✭
    Necromancer

scourge of course. they can just stand there at cap point spamming condis.....

• rank eleven monk.9502rank eleven monk.9502 Member ✭✭✭✭
    They are all fairly balanced

I don't really feel them 'OP', but condi mirage is an outlier at the moment, especially the axe version.

But I feel the meta is more or less balanced right now.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

OP is a term very overused and incorrectly in the PvP community. If it were to say "Unbalanced" or "Over performing" for example, that would be more accurate and would certainly apply to a few builds/classes.

Using the term OP (imo) nulls any answer (including everything is balanced)

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• urdriel.8496urdriel.8496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018
    Necromancer

Mesmer, damage/evades/gapclosers/easydisengage/high access to stealth, the very definition of a OP class, you will never kill a good mirage in 1vs1 , but in the actual PvP environment, necro is more cancerous than mesmer, because you must take points and is really easy for them to throw all conditions on your team.

Anet should introduce GW1 GvGs here ......

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Engineer

I voted engi. But I think mirage, scourge, holo and SB are equally out performing.

Scourge makes tons of builds unplayable, due to aoe condi dumping and boon corruption.

SB damage is in line, but takes forever to down, even when outnumbered. Considering that we are playing on contested points this is bad design.

Mirage is impossible for any class without massive aoe and strong condi removal to fight.

Holo has million CCs, strong damage and good sustainability.

I voted eng, cuz while scourge, mirage and SB, are more broken in many ways, holo does not really have effective counters. Scourge is hard counters by focus fire, specifically from range. Mirage, aoe damage and SB, condi damage, specially with boon removal.

• Poledra Val.1490Poledra Val.1490 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018
    Mesmer

This isint even a debate its clear that Mesmer is utterly broken beyond measure. Like others have said you got some very good stable classes that do really well in the meta at the moment Firebrand/Necro/Thief heck even core Guardian.

However Mesmer is by far in a way in its own league you have to really question how laughable it is that the balance team have left it almost untouched this long, coming on to 2 pvp seasons now thats literally several months of this...

You put a Mesmer in the hands of a novice I guarentee you he/she will reach plat 1 at the very least. You put the current iteration of Mesmer in the hands of a very good player its almost God like considering it can do almost everything better then every other profession with the expection of Firebrand (support).

Well all know it needs nerfing but will Anet nerf it hard? I doubt it...will they nerf it little by little...most likely. Regardless it will be strong next season since i believe the balance team fear nerfing something hard in this game its not part of there policy to do so.

I dont blame players from exploiting how strong Mesmer is right now, if anything it should prove to Anet that the class needs to be taken a good look at in the forseeable future.

@urdriel.8496 said:
    Mesmer, damage/evades/gapclosers/easydisengage/high access to stealth, the very definition of a OP class, you will never kill a good mirage in 1vs1 , but in the actual PvP environment, necro is more cancerous than mesmer, because you must take points and is really easy for them to throw all conditions on your team.

3 seconds on Torch 4, 30 second cooldown, 3 seconds on Decoy, takes up a utility slot, 40 second cooldown, 2 second on Signet of Midnight, takes up a utility slot, 30 second cooldown. That's not 'high access to stealth' it's okay at best. Every class but two is capable of some extra form of evasion and every single class has a gap closer on their melee weapons. Your only two actual points are evade and damage which are a bit overtuned.

• urdriel.8496urdriel.8496 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018
    Necromancer

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:

3 seconds on Torch 4, 30 second cooldown, 3 seconds on Decoy, takes up a utility slot, 40 second cooldown, 2 second on Signet of Midnight, takes up a utility slot, 30 second cooldown. That's not 'high access to stealth' it's okay at best. Every class but two is capable of some extra form of evasion and every single class has a gap closer on their melee weapons. Your only two actual points are evade and damage which are a bit overtuned.

it is high access when you combine all the other things mentioned, because you can literally have a like 8sec where you can hit people while being invis/dodging ( and attacking at same time) and if you fail, you can disengage easily, low risk high reward , but in pvp i dont see a problem with that because stats combination are worst than in WvW, in WvW mirages are a cancer............i would give you the ranger pet in exchange for a engage/disengage utility so good as Jaunt xD.

edited June 28, 2018

@urdriel.8496 said:

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:

it is high access when you combine all the other things mentioned, because you can literally have a like 8sec where you can hit people while being invis/dodging ( and attacking at same time) and if you fail, you can disengage easily, low risk high reward , but in pvp i dont see a problem with that because stats combination are worst than in WvW, in WvW mirages are a cancer............i would give you the ranger pet in exchange for a engage/disengage utility so good as Jaunt xD.

No that would be called high access to disengage/defensive utility. 8 seconds of decent stealth, two of which cost you utility slots is not 'high access'. The only way you can attack while stealthed for a solid 8 seconds is if you're opponent doesn't notice that they're only getting attacked by clones and doesn't cleave them down. I'm gonna say suck it up for WvW because Mirage is garbage outside of roaming. And roaming isn't particularly impactful on the course of a matchup. Jaunt is a good engage/disengage utility if you blow all 3 charges at once, then you're stuck for 60 seconds. The ability that is by and large used for engage/disengage is Mirage Thrust which definitely needs to be toned down, either losing the Daze or clone generation and a mild range reduction.

edited June 28, 2018

double post

• BeepBoopBop.5403BeepBoopBop.5403 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

In what world does it even make sense to vote revenant here lol

@Coolguy.8702 said:

Yeah the poll is about the current meta, not any imaginary metas y'all are dreaming of where revenant isn't a B tier pick.

I didn't know my enemy's power gear affected my damage vs them, news to me /s

Revenant has to dodge or block power attacks like everyone else and can easily get cc locked since it has no stability in it's meta-est build. I literally have never heard a complaint about revenant sustain since like idk 2016 lmao

• Apolo.5942Apolo.5942 Member ✭✭✭
    Necromancer

Bumping for patch

• Peutrifectus.4830Peutrifectus.4830 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

Part of me wanted to say engineer because of holoderp #3-#5-#4-stomp win every time XD

Probably just needs a bit shaving off the top of physical damage in photon forge...

Mesmer is on a different level though

Sparkr's Wonderful World of Engineering - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEONFRaJV2u2f12ytXEir9A

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blackdagger.9670 said:
    An Anet designer reads this thread;
    checks the poll results
    sees mirage got the almost %70 of the votes
    decides to nerf Thief in next patch

Sorry, I just had to.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Zenix.6198Zenix.6198 Member ✭✭✭
    Warrior

Altho I voted for warrior, Im kinda surprised to see so few people voting for guardian

• Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

It's kind of hard to decide. I would say the professions that don't seem to struggle in any situation except against one another are mesmers and warriors, and to some extent, engineers, thieves and rangers. Guardians, revenants, necromancers, and especially elementalists all have situations that put them in a more difficult spot. (Elementalists are pretty much always in a constant state of struggle, since almost all of the professions are at an advantage against them at the moment.)

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

The last balance patch was actually mostly on point. The situation as it is now is certainly not perfect, but probably the best balance we've had after the release of PoF so far. Condi Mirage remains a very strong and versatile roamer/duelist but is not as broken anymore; holo is very powerful in 1v1 since its natural enemies (mostly condi mirage, condi thief, scourge) have been shaved, but remains vulnerable to burst, boon corrupt and generally +1s; FB is still the unconstested main support but can be bursted, Revs and Core guards are very strong burst builds that can be absolutely lethal with the right comp while also remaining decent 1v1ers at the same time, yet are vulnerable when left alone in the field, Scourge and Reaper are both valuable teamfighters with different strenghts (attrition based vs + burst based), Soulbeasts are certainly viable now, ele still lacks options for pressure but is a decent bruiser, the classical SD and DP thieves are in a bit tougher spot but still good for +1 and decaps, while deadeye has become a viable alternative (with questionable playstyle, but okay) and quite a few off meta specs have become viable alternatives (Trama Warr, Tank Soulbeast, Power GS Mirage, Chrono, to a lesser extent Scrapper and DH).

What's probably causing the most grief right now is the fact that the meta (at least in ranked) has become very "oneshotty" due to the prevalence of high burst builds (and often inadequate reactions towards these builds by non-high end players). This tendency has probably been overtuned, but I certainly prefer it to bunker metas such as the bunker chrono after a hot (with a comeback after the mesmer revamp) or the SB + FB/Scourge conundrum after PoF release.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about Balance and PvP content

• Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

PvP Scourge/Reaper is pretty much death in the current one shot meta. Scourge sustain was even more reduced with the last patch. Not making a difference between PvP and WvW for balancing skills is another basic problem. It is not anymore just PvE balancing that harms PvP balance. More and more WvW driven adaptations are just taken over into PvP as they are.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.