What are your expectations and hopes for LW 4 Ep 3?

What are you expecting and/or looking forward to for the LW episode today?

First, I expect a message from Taimi with the usual bi-polar personality and "elephant in the room" type humor. A few predictable deaths and eulogies.

Then I hope to deal with the Walking-Talking Dead problem permanently, see Aurene's character advance, and be amazed by Kourna's development. (if they can throw in killing Braham off as well that'd be nice :))

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m one of the few I think that would like to resolve the Joko plot and get back to the whole Kralk situation. But I’ve always found the elder dragons more interesting.

I’d also love some guild related stuff, I.e. decorations, missions, maybe some windswept modification. But not holding my breath on any of that. Hoping the fractal is interesting, the collection achievements are really timegated, and that the mount skins will get a little wackier in the future in terms of deviating from their original more like the fox, the lion, and the goat Springer.

Don’t really have any idea expectations though. Better to not have any.

Story wise I’m more and more believing that Joko will wind up branded. But I honestly don’t think his plot will end this episode. Really hoping it doesn’t span the whole season and focus solely on him even though he is a fun character with a great voice actor.

I expect a battle tonic which I'm probably not going to use thanks to the "no mounts stuff". Maybe some new weapons which I'm probably not going to care about unless the ranged ones have fitting projectile animations / sound effects.

I'm hoping for some fun gizmos like the weapons you could get in the core tyria maps or a summon like a battle suit / the one from episode 1 but a permanent version without any BS restrictions instead of this one time use crap but sadly that's not going to happen (despite the fact that from an objective point of view there's nothing that speeks against it).

@"Tails.9372" said:I expect a battle tonic which I'm probably not going to use thanks to the "no mounts stuff". Maybe some new weapons which I'm probably not going to care about unless the ranged ones have fitting projectile animations / sound effects.

I'm hoping for some fun gizmos like the weapons you could get in the core tyria maps or a summon like a battle suit / the one from episode 1 but a permanent version without any BS restrictions instead of this one time use crap but sadly that's not going to happen (despite the fact that from an objective point of view there's nothing that speeks against it).

A combat tonic is always welcome. Can never have too many. Sometimes you just want to forget fashion wars for a bit and become someone else!

@derd.6413 said:I hope we discover that the joko arc ties back to the dragons in some way instead of being a sidestory with no long term relevance

I would love to find out the origin of Joko. I don't know about tying back to the dragons, but something other than him being some imposter king from the pretender wars or whatever would be nice.

Hrm, this is going to be a bit of a downer, but:

• I expect very very little. A new forgettable underdeveloped zone like with every LS episode, a new minor plot which has awfully little connection to the previous LS mini-plots (because the zone and context has to change every time due to Anet's MO on these), a new mastery for the roller beetle of course, and another kind of grindable ascended XYZ from the new zone, plus maybe a handful of new skins if we're lucky.
  • We do get the Roller Beetle, and that's a damn cool surprise. So my hope is that this'll be mechanically apt without cornering the other mounts' territories too much.

If I were to voice what I'd wish they'd change to make me more excited again:

• Drop the 1-zone-per-LS-episode thing. Episode 1 brings in a new, huge, zone. Mostly unexplorable or just empty, there's not much there. We're around deserts now, it'd be trivial to explain why a zone is devoid of life!
  • Episodes 2-X then work on this zone, each telling more of a story in it, but also permanently changing it a bit like how season 1 worked.
  • At the end, we end up with a fully realized, "proper" zone which stays in the game permanently.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@derd.6413 said:I hope we discover that the joko arc ties back to the dragons in some way instead of being a sidestory with no long term relevance

I would love to find out the origin of Joko. I don't know about tying back to the dragons, but something other than him being some imposter king from the pretender wars or whatever would be nice.

I didn't mean that joko should be a dragon minion, that'd be dumb. More like he wants to take control of the risen and add them to his army or something and this process would teach us how to stabelize the magics from a dragon's death.

And yes, i'm no professional writer

1) I hope the story will be on the same great level of storytelling as in Daybreak and A Bug in the System2) I hope the new fractal will have CM3) I hope there will be a surprise that they will release the raid wing (a bit surreal)4) I hope the map will be full of ramps for the new mount, and some will be added in Core Tyria and PoF maps as well.5) I hope the new legendary is bigger than the trailer shows.6) I hope Lyssa will be revealed7) I hope the plague is not white and yellow butterflies8) I hope Aurene will give us a vision of the things to come9) I hope we'll be friends with Braham and we'll make friendship bracelets10) I hope Rox will come in with some new friends from Olmakhan11) I hope Taimi will be killed.12) I hope Gorrik will transfer her mind to a golem, so we'll have Taimi 2.013) I hope Joko will unleash the plague14) I hope Joko awakened-ed Scarlet 'somehow'

Last episode they threw in a lot of character developement for Braham. Or at least intention for it. So I hope they kill him off and gets Awakened by Joko so that he becomes the main antagonist for the season after we kill Joko. Additionally, I hope Taimi marries the Commander regardless of gender/race. That would be cool.Alternatively, I'm hoping that Joko offers the Commander a chance to join his Awakened (and we can accept it).

mainly, that we’d actually suffer a defeat for once, at the hands of JokoAnd not a defeat like against Balthazar, where we’re the only affected peopl and magically undo all the damage.Noreal defeatJoko winning, killing hundreds and possibly a friend of ours (please, please kill Faren when you’re busy)

I just think everything in the story is always going too smoothly, we’re more akin to gods than humans by now

@Ayakaru.6583 said:mainly, that we’d actually suffer a defeat for once, at the hands of JokoAnd not a defeat like against Balthazar, where we’re the only affected peopl and magically undo all the damage.Noreal defeatJoko winning, killing hundreds and possibly a friend of ours (please, please kill Faren when you’re busy)

I just think everything in the story is always going too smoothly, we’re more akin to gods than humans by now

While a defeat would add tension i doubt that the defeat should be the death of half a continent

I'm hoping Kourna is a zone that's explorable using the new mount, without all the hordes of trash mobs every three feet to bother us, because Joko and the plague mostly depopulated it. Barrenness is its own kind of creepy. Then when we DO find enemies, it's in places and situations that really mean something.

No more hero deaths, or at least make them good deaths. We get attached to characters, especially the ones connected to our own story; they mean something to us. Tybalt died the way a hero should die. The way ANet just one-shotted Eir and Demmi was just plain cheap and lazy. Write their ends well, or don't write them at all.

Archived