Confessor’s Stronghold still impossible

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You don’t need stability for that fight. Many players have beaten it without that and with classes that were not guardian or warrior.But you can’t tell how, can you? I just get kicked around BEFORE destroying her shield COMPLETELY. It’s impossible to do solo.

Are you using the special ability that you were taught to use just before her?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confessor%27s_Stronghold

Mechanic of the fight starts around 11:14

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You don’t need stability for that fight. Many players have beaten it without that and with classes that were not guardian or warrior.But you can’t tell how, can you? I just get kicked around BEFORE destroying her shield COMPLETELY. It’s impossible to do solo.

I've done it multiple times on different classes, and @Ayrilana.1396 is absolutely correct, that, and picking up and throwing bloodstone shards, are probably what you are most missing.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:I've done it multiple times on different classes, and @Ayrilana.1396 is absolutely correct, that, and picking up and throwing bloodstone shards, are probably what you are most missing.

What are you talking about? There are no “bloodstone shards”. I need to get between her and the bloodstone, while having the red beam.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:I've done it multiple times on different classes, and @Ayrilana.1396 is absolutely correct, that, and picking up and throwing bloodstone shards, are probably what you are most missing.

What are you talking about? There are no “bloodstone shards”. I need to get between her and the bloodstone, while having the red beam.

I'm assuming you also are going to have trouble with other bosses where that is the trick to making it vastly easier. Planning for the future.

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:I'm assuming you also are going to have trouble with other bosses where that is the trick to making it vastly easier. Planning for the future.Well, I’m a PvP/WvW player. I don’t hide behind mechanics and nor do my enemies.

There's no "hiding" behind mechanics. A large point of this game is to be different than most point and click MMOs. A simple pick up an item and throw it at the boss instead of face-rolling is hardly "hiding." I'm not sure why you're bothering with story then if this is objectionable. Can't imagine what your reaction would be to the in/out circles on bounties or the stop/go mechanics...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You don’t need stability for that fight. Many players have beaten it without that and with classes that were not guardian or warrior.But you can’t tell how, can you? I just get kicked around BEFORE destroying her shield COMPLETELY. It’s impossible to do solo.

Are you using the special ability that you were taught to use just before her?

Mechanic of the fight starts around 11:14

She's not that hard, the only hard part is burning down the adds before being overwhelmed if you dont have enough dps

The fallen bricks at the corner of the room, sometime if you camp on there when she does her charge at you, she gets herself stuck in there and cannot get out til next time she triggers her shell mechanic

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:I'm assuming you also are going to have trouble with other bosses where that is the trick to making it vastly easier. Planning for the future.Well, I’m a PvP/WvW player. I don’t hide behind mechanics and nor do my enemies.

I'm sorry, that wasn't intended as a criticism, though it clearly came across as one. I don't think there is anything wrong with not being aware of various mechanics, either PvE or WvW. On the later, you would most certainly beat me out in knowledge, for much the same reason. :)

Solo'ed on all characters which includes at least one of every class. I would avoid melee with her at least after the first phase because her attack speed increases making the knockdown plus follow up hit much harder to avoid. Not saying you can't melee it but that would be more effort than it is worth to me.

Stay on the opposite side of her when she moves towards the stone.Activate the beam.Then move counter to the direction she is moving in order to intercept her,leaving at least 350 units of distance between you and her.Imagine two circles,the inner one is her trajectory,the outer is yours.Keep your distance and you'll be fine.

Archived