3 losses in a row unbalanced matches same enemies

Ithilwen.1529

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:It really illustrates the state of things when I lose 3 in a row to the same people and a whole division... really anet? Are there so few playing or is the match maker really broken?

Based on what you always say, you only play unranked Corr Mesmer so how are you losing “rank”?

Incorrect. I do play a core Mesmer. I also play it in ranked.

So stop blaming the matchmaking as it's not inherently the problem.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:It really illustrates the state of things when I lose 3 in a row to the same people and a whole division... really anet? Are there so few playing or is the match maker really broken?

Based on what you always say, you only play unranked Corr Mesmer so how are you losing “rank”?

Incorrect. I do play a core Mesmer. I also play it in ranked.

So stop blaming the matchmaking as it's not inherently the problem.

post reconsidered

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Well, I've lost 6 and won 1 today. Same opponents over and over until I get ranked below them. At this point I'm just spiralling into depression, let's see if I can get all the way from gold 1 to bronze 1.

I would suggest to at least try mirage. Who cares if it will be nerfed, that's just the part of the game. And yes, you played cronomancer and it got nerfed and it is not what you wanted. I'm not a mesmer pro by any means, but something tells me that chronomancer is STILL better than core mesmer.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Well, I've lost 6 and won 1 today. Same opponents over and over until I get ranked below them. At this point I'm just spiralling into depression, let's see if I can get all the way from gold 1 to bronze 1.

People aren't engaging it, but you are raising a valid point within this. Why is the matchmaking placing you against the same enemy team on repeat when they are outplaying you? Shouldn't it mix you up with them a bit or pit you against different players? I can only assume that you are doing a good job but your team members are new every match (i.e. people you haven't played alongside yet) and being balanced against the enemy, only to wind up being worse players than them, and you really are just unlucky.

I’d wait 10 minutes after a bad match to queue back up, usually it will give you a new pool of people.

If you’re struggling with mesmer, maybe you need to play all the current meta builds to get a good idea of what everyone is capable of. You only get two dodges, after all. May as well make them count.

@Lord Krilik.3692 said:People aren't engaging it, but you are raising a valid point within this. Why is the matchmaking placing you against the same enemy team on repeat when they are outplaying you? Shouldn't it mix you up with them a bit or pit you against different players? I can only assume that you are doing a good job but your team members are new every match (i.e. people you haven't played alongside yet) and being balanced against the enemy, only to wind up being worse players than them, and you really are just unlucky.

Yeah that sucks. I don't want to play against the same 5 people if I just lost to them, or with the same 4 people if I just lost with them. They won, it sucks, my randomly assigned team of sore losers is raging/blocking each other, let's move on. Is the pvp population really that low now?

@Deimos.4263 said:

@Lord Krilik.3692 said:People aren't engaging it, but you are raising a valid point within this. Why is the matchmaking placing you against the same enemy team on repeat when they are outplaying you? Shouldn't it mix you up with them a bit or pit you against different players? I can only assume that you are doing a good job but your team members are new every match (i.e. people you haven't played alongside yet) and being balanced against the enemy, only to wind up being worse players than them, and you really are just unlucky.

Yeah that sucks. I don't want to play against the same 5 people if I just lost to them, or with the same 4 people if I just lost with them. They won, it sucks, my randomly assigned team of sore losers is raging/blocking each other, let's move on. Is the pvp population really that low now?

That certainly sounds like a bad thing. It could be the pop is that low, but it could also be that they just all relist at the same time, because they all, y'know, finish a match at the same time, and they are the most balanced possible team available. The matchmaker tries very hard to bring balance, based on how well it thinks players are match, so if it is wrong about that on one side or the other...

That said, it doesn't care about history right now, and I'd definitely be in favor of -- at minimum -- it looking back a couple matches, and at least shuffling around the composition of the teams. Throw a couple people on the other side, so at least it isn't the same groups vs each other.

if you need help/tips you are more then welcome to join my discord for some tips/advance. :+1:

Gold is just a cesspool of garbage. It's total RNG if you get players who even have a clue on what they are doing. Is the population really so low that these players are somehow getting into what should be a rank of competent players? Or are there just that many bad players that some are bound to make it into higher ranks even though they don't belong there?

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I feel like matchmaking is bjorked. I'll get placed against the same players over and over. And get stuck with brand new ppl Everytime. I usually just call it quits after a certain number of bad games. There really is no competitive nature to this game anymore. It's usually a snowball every game in one way or another.

i havent done too much on a mesmer in pvp since before the changed/nerfed phantasm. Decided to give it a shot and pretty much lost 10-15 matches in a row. Tried core mesmer and mirage, both condi and power and didnt matter what i played, how well i played it, just couldnt win a match. Logged off mesmer and into ranger and rolled everything.

Archived