DareDevil PVE Condi D/D Build

Blackwaltz.7156

Hello.After deciding to go condi route on my thief, i cant help but notice that most effective rune is supposed to be Krait.That rune gives A LOT of Bleed duration, but with viper gear does that not make you go over the 100% duration cap?Is the cap removed or something or do you not get enough duration without it even in full ascended armor?I do nothave ascended armor so I can't tell, anyone more experienced in condi can shed some light on that?

If going Condition in a dagger dagger build, I would NOT suggest Krait. Use Rune of Thorns or a poison duration add.

The reason is your base bleeds are already 10 seconds on the thief. If you have Viper your durations on bleeds are long enough and you will rarely see any singular condition tick for 15+ seconds. Most are cleansed prior. What you get with Thorns is a boost to Poison durations which generally have a lower base yet can be applied at the same time as your bleeds. In this way you will help to ensure at least two of your conditions push maximum durations. 2 damaging ticking 10 seconds is always better then one damaging ticking 20 seconds and one ticking 5.

Alternatively dependent on your build you can use Perplexity which will get your Confusion ticks up in duration if using BA wherein you rely on Potent posion and perhaps a Venom sigil to increase your Poison durations towards the max. This will give you a much more powerful on steal burst whereby you can get three conditions durations pushing closer to 10 seconds each. Perplexity also has Condition adds generated off the rune itself between your steals.

It my point of view that Multiple damaging Conditions on at once is akin to a Critical in a power build. You multiply the amound of damage per tick thus bossting the tick duration of all three of the main conditions (if in TR for BA thus having confusion , bleed , poison) is more effective then getting that one condition to uber high duration. This of course depends on your base Duration. in a p/d build as example giving base duration bleed is so much lower then d/d Deathblossom , You have to invest more duration into bleed.

EDIT. I just noticed you were referring to PVE. In PVE cleanses an enemy has are not as prevalent so pushing the durations higher from the base of 10 will work better then in other formats. THAT said I would still lean to Thorns as you will want to use Venom share with allies and there no Venom that can share bleeds. Sharing uses your own Condition duration , thus a share of poison applied via spider venom is far more overall damage then just boosting your own bleeds. In Pve you can easily get Poison ticks of well over 10k with a share so you want those ticks running as long as possible.

Archived