Feedback: Official Living World Season 4 Episode 3 Feedback [MANY SPOILERS] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Feedback: Official Living World Season 4 Episode 3 Feedback [MANY SPOILERS]

Comments

• "Be my guest" is a bugged out mess. Can't get very far without a high probability of crashing and being locked out of the client for about 10 minutes at a time. Furthest i've gotten this round (after now 12 attempts so far today) is the sewers. Then another crash. How did this client breaking bug get through testing? :(

• Cregath.7628Cregath.7628 Member ✭✭✭

@Shadechidna.9153 said:
    "Be my guest" is a bugged out mess. Can't get very far without a high probability of crashing and being locked out of the client for about 10 minutes at a time. Furthest i've gotten this round (after now 12 attempts so far today) is the sewers. Then another crash. How did this client breaking bug get through testing? :(

How did any of this get through testing? Almost feels like they pushed the wrong inside version.

Praise Joko!

• @Cregath.7628 said:

@Shadechidna.9153 said:
    "Be my guest" is a bugged out mess. Can't get very far without a high probability of crashing and being locked out of the client for about 10 minutes at a time. Furthest i've gotten this round (after now 12 attempts so far today) is the sewers. Then another crash. How did this client breaking bug get through testing? :(

How did any of this get through testing? Almost feels like they pushed the wrong inside version.

It's mishaps like this that is why I only come on for the story update and then disappear until the next one. :|

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kiza.5630 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beetle_Feed

This is honestly one of the worst collections ever. 5 mio ppl throwing aoe at spawn locations. Junundu never dropping anything can't even get credit for the kill. In short: it's an extremely irritating waiting and wasting time thing. I won't bother with it anymore until the worst "train" has passed.

Last mission crashes for me all the time, but... I loved what you did with Joko in the first one. He became a hilarious villain and not just the run of the mill evil guy. The new map seems fun so far for casual play. I'm thankful that there isn't a Palawaland No 2. Enjoyed playing on it so far, even the bugged first day was fun. Griffon waiting squad and all.

One thing I would like though: make the instances shorter. The story part with Canach and the assault was awesome, but could've been split into two. I find them too long.

I agree with all of this.

Luckily the instance is divided into checkpoints. Technically they are separate instances that just seamlessly go into the next one. The first one is liberating the post, the second one is planting the seeds. Considering we get a 3k range teleport without real cooldown you get to easily zoom to the points and finish the entire thing within few minutes

Now what they SHOULD do with that is give some indication of this happening on the side. A bit more than the less than trustworthy text on the right side of the screen. Even if it's just having " x .. Part 1" and "Part 2" in the name of that instance

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Going back in the world to do events and such is pretty fun, but you have a huge scaling issue. The mobs die in seconds and if there are too many people there, you don't get credit. Like the Alpha in the SW. I'm there now, and people are trapping and just generally not being very nice. I'd wager a few are just sticking around and trapping it because seeing us all annoyed 'is' new content for them.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Leyline? REALLY Anet? Hey, I know let's add 12 fractals, 16 PVP matches, Keep take over in WvW annnnnnd oooh complete all paths in the crucible.
    This is a TIME SINK, I am a casual solo player and I never see anyone at these things,
    The Griffon was well thought out even if there was a silly paywall part, this is busy work.
    Then add in the part WHERE you NEED this mount to get to places on the new map? Whoever thought this up ...... I got words for you that this forum filter won't let me say, so K I T T E N your Beatle and your new map.

A plan? **
    **Seriously?

Whispers: "Ok.. Hit it till it stops moving then a few more times just to be sure it won't move ever again."
    What do you mean there is a Guide? Why do I have to play someone else's Game?

• DorDor.8617DorDor.8617 Member ✭✭

@Harper.4173 said:

@DorDor.8617 said:

@Twyn.7320 said:

@DorDor.8617 said:

@Twyn.7320 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Twyn.7320 said:
    I'm looking forward to effectively like playing Lord of the Guild Wars 2: Return of the King. Like, it's not original or plausible so far, so I hope it gets better later on!

Would you mind going into detail?

What exactly is not plausible? And why would it have to be original? The characters in the story are pretty original no? Not like settings can only ever be done once

Generally, the Scarab Plague is an airborne disease, so if Amnoon isn't crippled by a mass outbreak, it's a bit silly. Additionally, Gorrik wandering around as a test subject is equally as dumb, and no one challenges the concept. They're so passive to the idea of letting an Asura wander around despite being contaminated. Even if it 'doesn't affect anything other than Humans', it could still spread to Humans by just being around Gorrik.

The characters are effectively stereotypes, and are in real need of character development that's well-written. I hope Braham actually gets treatment this time, instead of being drowned out by Taimi because 'reasons'. It's been said multiple times by multiple people, all of which are being objective, but Guild Wars 2 needs to choose its story tone. Is it trying to be a Disney-type adventure, or is it trying to be more mature? If it's a Disney-type adventure, spend more time with Taimi and Gorrik. If it's a mature story, spend more time with characters like Rytlock, Kasmeer and Braham. Of course, it's my subjective opinion as to which characters fit a more mature tone, but Guild Wars 2 stands out as being a bit too... 'no consequences, big actions'. The obvious answer to all of this is: 'Stop playing if you're so negative about it.' However, it doesn't fix anything. There are problems with Guild Wars 2 right now, the most important being a lack of communication and a lack of understanding of what the community actually wants. If Guild Wars 2's community declined until only blindly optimistic people remained, it wouldn't be financially viable to keep the servers open. The irony is that Guild Wars 2's community is trying to stop ArenaNet from destroying something with so much potential, but either through lack of attention or lack of staffing, they aren't able to fix the right things efficiently. (I know I've deviated from the main point, but it's important to get it out there with a new, buggy and largely underwhelming release.)

It's fine for settings to be re-done, but it's a setting that's over-done. We're collecting a spectral army to fight an immense evil, and banish them from the realm of the living. It's a quick fix, with no trials in the way, because it's the only way to fight and defeat Joko. We literally ask them to help and they say: 'Yah, gucci, let's go!' And then, we're meant to portal off to fight him. (Which no one can do at the moment, SoonTM.) But the main issue is actually the question you've asked to me...

'Why would it have to be original?'

This is a problem. Every game should strive to have an original storyline. Yah, you can borrow aspects from other things, it'd be impossible not to. However, you shouldn't rip entire story points, identically from another piece of media, and expect people to not notice. The ghost army is, dialogue-excluded, ripped off from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. And I might be wrong in the approach, but if the Primeval Army is the primary reason as to why we defeat Joko, it'll be a carbon copy. Though, I don't want Joko to die, because he hasn't been developed. Though, I guarantee that he's going to die today, or be banished from the storyline.

Question: How are you, and you alone, the arbiter of "what the community actually wants?"

Because I'm very active in this community, and from what I've seen, you're in the minority on this. General consensus on Reddit, on Tumblr and within the game itself (frankly, everywhere but the main forums) is pretty positive on Path of Fire, occasional storytelling blunders aside. I've seen a lot of very passionate critics praise the direction the game's taken, just months after taking them to task for the writing problems in Season 3. As far as community opinion goes, it's a far cry from the dark days of the Scarlet arc.

Your opinion is your opinion and I'm sure there plenty of people who agree with it. Heck, I can certainly agree with parts of it, even if I don't agree with the main point. But for better or worse, Arenanet IS listening to us. You just don't like the ideas they're listening to.

I haven't claimed to be the sole arbiter of 'what the community actually wants'. However, a simple flick through the forums shows that notoriously, the community desires things and hardly get them. The community wants raiding information, and they've been unable to gain it. The community wants balancing in PvP, but the correct balancing, and it's never arrived in full force, and trashed specs that didn't need to be trashed in the first place. Sections of the community desire a particular story focus, and regardless of where you stand on the issue, it objectively hasn't changed since Living World Season 3. The community wants more general communication on any releases or issues, but still, Anet's provided nothing to remove the painful desire.

I'm equally active in this community, and from what I've seen, I'm in a clear majority. If the general consensus of everywhere APART from the main game's forums is positive, but the game's forums are wholly negative and controversial, wouldn't it be safer to say that it's split down the middle? Naturally, official game forums make up the 'majority of accounts' for that game. However, it's a stab in the dark, and without actual figures, I can't say it's a definite and neither should you. Additionally, players of Guild Wars 2 (EU) regularly complain in-game of a lack of content to do, at least from my experience. EU players are usually more cynical, however, from experience.

The problem with comparing the community with the basis of 'the dark days of the Scarlet arc' is that this was 4 years ago. Naturally, Guild Wars 2 has progressed since then into a completely different experience. However, some of those complaints are still current. In the villain department, I've seen many players regularly complain about the lack of a compelling antagonist that they feel is both realistic and adheres to a degree of pathos, which is important for any narrative paradigm. If we don't feel for the villain's actions, or understand why they've acted in a particular way that seems plausible, backed with snazzy dialogue, villainy is pointless. This is a problem that was common in 2014, and is still common in 2018. If the same issue exists in a four-year time span, there's a clear problem. It's the same with balancing, but I'm not going to go into that aspect because other people who know 'numbers and percentiles' can do it far better than I can!

The thing that I need to ask you is: Can you give me a number of examples/instances where Anet has listened and implemented a requested change over a long-term, since the start of Living World Season 3? If Anet produces a good change, I step back, smile and nod. But I'm yet to see a change that actually feels worthwhile and is overtly different. The only change is 'Mounts', IMO. They're still developing for them, and in this case, I smiled and nodded in acceptance. Provide at least four others.

Sure I can. My first example is Living World Season 3. The whole concept.

After Heart of Thorns, there were a ton of complaints about the content droughts the expansion caused. There were complaints about how small and unsubstantial Season 2 episodes ended up being. And there were especially complaints about the direction of the story, and how it was ignoring certain storylines that fans desperately wanted to see play out.

Arenanet responded with nothing short of a complete, comprehensive overhaul of their entire company structure. They established multiple Living World teams, each capable of delivering an episode with a full map's worth of content. They created a system of staggered releases that allowed Episodes to be released in a tight, closely-followed schedule. And they deliberately went for storylines tailor-made to appease old-guard fans: the White Mantle, Livia, the fate of Saul D'Alessio and the reappearance of the Gods. It was created to be a crowd-pleaser, a means to win back the trust of the people, and though it didn't always succeed in that, it does show us the mindset Arenanet's been in since the failure of HoT.

Of course, Season 3 had plenty of criticism as well, and the Path of Fire devs addressed those criticisms when it was their turn for a release. There were complaints about Season 3's bloated cast and scattered plotting, so they went out of their way to tell a more focused story with a smaller cast of characters. Season 4 continued that trend, taking us back to a much-requested location, Istan, and giving Braham some much-needed development after what they did with him in Season 3. Now, Episode 3 is bringing us Gandara (another heavily requested setting) and Roller Beetles (a mount I've seen a ton of people clamoring for).

They've been a bit less proactive on the PvP/WvW side of things, but one cannot overestimate the impact the overhaul of Ranked play had on the PvP scene. The addition of Seasons, Automated Tournaments, the larger map pool and even that little free-for-all Murder Arena in the Heart of the Mists were all stuff the PvP community requested and received. Also, have you heard about those changes coming to World vs World in the not-too-distant future? That whole Guild Alliance system? I've heard requests for exactly that sort of thing since I first joined the community. It's not in the game yet, but it's coming, so I figure it makes the list, too.

I understand how you came to the conclusion that Arenanet doesn't listen. You get your information from the forums, the place our entire community goes to vent where they know the devs will hear them. This is a big, giant complaint box. But that kind of focused negativity isn't a fair impression. Arenanet is one of the most transparent game developers I've ever seen. It's why I'm willing to cut them so much slack when they do screw up. They earned my respect.

The reappearance of the Gods - the same Gods they did away with really quickly much to the joy of all the old fans? I sure feel pleased. I'd have preferred if they'd left the Gods alone. Writing them out of the story is not an improvement.
    "They've been a bit less proactive on PvP and WvW" is your nice way of saying they've nearly destroyed the modes by ignoring them?
    I get that you're a fan of Anet - I was one too once - but I've cut so much slack I don't have any left. I've been here since the game's release cutting nothing but slack and running mostly on promises and half-delivered things.( Hell - we STILL don't have the full set of legendary weapons we were promised with HoT - and whatever happened with "New legendaries and new legendary types in 2014?" - see some of us still remember these things - slack has been cut). They lost my respect.

You're not the only one who's been here for a long time. I still remember when Structured PvP felt like it was still in Beta. And I've seen more support for that side of the game than I have at any point since I started playing. Again: Automated Tournaments, Ranked Seasons, a completely remodeled hub, three new maps and support for a game mode other than Conquest. They have a dedicated PvP team with scheduled balance updates. I think your definition of "ignoring" needs some work.

I also remember Arenanet's many empty promises and utter failures. Post-HoT, I was in the exact same boat you're in right now, just one screw-up away from quitting. Because despite what y'all seem to think, I'm not blindly devoted to these people. I'm just satisfied with the direction the game and the company has taken. I'm satisfied with their current transparency and I have genuine fun with game's current story.

I'm not gonna pretend my experience is your experience. But if you're genuinely not having fun with this game anymore, you need to stop torturing yourself with it. Arenanet's clearly chosen a direction you don't like, and I don't see them changing it anytime soon. There's no shame in jumping ship when something like that happens.

http://wanderingstoryteller.tumblr.com ~ The Most Amateur of Amateur Guild Wars Blogs!

• Disappointed in the new node. I like that we get more than just shards from it but why do we get only one shard when every other living world node gives us at least three? I feel this needs to be changed as many players likely would not have bought the node if they knew they would only receive one shard a day.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

WARNING: THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Here's the traditional "highpoints" gathering place. Please share your general feedback about Episode 3 in this thread. If you have found any issues, the best place to report those is the Bugs Subforum, and of course if you have detailed feedback about any element of the episode, a separate thread is welcome.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about LWS4/E3! :)

Hello Gaile Gray

I did not find it fair to "Provide Cache (Service)" in the player's house.
    Cost 10,000 volatile magic + 50 gold and only give 1 ONE inscribed shrapnel per day!!! :anguished:

I should give much more!!
    I hope you pay attention to that. :+1:

Thank you

• Harper.4173Harper.4173 Member ✭✭✭

@Ghostrider.6879 said:
    I've only completed the instances needed to get to the new map, and felt that the story writing got really lazy so far.
    Depends on your dialogue choice, the Amnoon judge said the only asura they've seen were inquest, but the inquest were first found in Istan, in their secret base. Also there are good asura with the Priory in Elon riverland. There are even fully voice acted dialogue showing elonian kid meeting an asura for the first time.
    Secondly, the scarab plague only affecting human is interesting. But then the commander(if human) just conveniently won't get infected because he/she had died before?! How?
    Then you get your ghost army in no time. Where were the army when we first visited the tomb of the primeval king? The queens and kings just chose to defend themselves last time?
    And the op seeds of wall, a rift that ports our entire army to Kourna....
    Everything is so effortless and convenient that it almost felt rushed.

Exactly - everything is a deus ex machina now.
    You need to scout? This thing can stealth you (even though it's never mentioned before and will probably never be used again story and lore wise). You need your army to move? This will teleport them where you need them.
    Oh - speaking of an army - you need an army? Just go and tell them "it's the real deal this time" and you'll get one just like that.
    Need explosives? here they are out of thin air. Need a vine wall? Here it is out of thin air. None of these are mentioned before. None of it is set up. It's just amusing.
    The writing feels like they went

• "The heroes need to do this and that"
    • "Okay they did"
    • "How?"
    • "Because they could, duh"

Also I hear the mount collection is bugged too - just how much time do we have to wait for the game to actually be playable?

• Harper.4173Harper.4173 Member ✭✭✭

@DorDor.8617 said:

You're not the only one who's been here for a long time. I still remember when Structured PvP felt like it was still in Beta. And I've seen more support for that side of the game than I have at any point since I started playing. Again: Automated Tournaments, Ranked Seasons, a completely remodeled hub, three new maps and support for a game mode other than Conquest. They have a dedicated PvP team with scheduled balance updates. I think your definition of "ignoring" needs some work.

I also remember Arenanet's many empty promises and utter failures. Post-HoT, I was in the exact same boat you're in right now, just one screw-up away from quitting. Because despite what y'all seem to think, I'm not blindly devoted to these people. I'm just satisfied with the direction the game and the company has taken. I'm satisfied with their current transparency and I have genuine fun with game's current story.

I'm not gonna pretend my experience is your experience. But if you're genuinely not having fun with this game anymore, you need to stop torturing yourself with it. Arenanet's clearly chosen a direction you don't like, and I don't see them changing it anytime soon. There's no shame in jumping ship when something like that happens.

I'm not saying PvP has not been supported early on - what I'm saying is that the game modes have been neglected. Also let's not forget that WvW and PvP weren't the focus - eSports was. eSports is not PvP - let's make that distinction.
    "Ranked Seasons, a completely remodeled hub, three new maps and support for a game mode other than Conquest. "
    1. Ranked seasons are better now but when they came out they were a joke - a joke people could easily farm.
    2. Hub is fine.
    3. Three whole new maps in what? 6 years? wow.
    4. Stronghold? The game mode that died so fast it wasn't even alive to begin with?
    "I also remember Arenanet's many empty promises and utter failures. Post-HoT, I was in the exact same boat you're in right now, just one screw-up away from quitting. "
    I'm not going to quit - I'm going to stick around and be bitter.
    Some aspects of the game still are fun for me - I'm not "torturing myself" with it - but some aspects have become incredibly boring and stale. At this point I would gladly pay a gold tax to be able to unlock maps and features (like new mount) without having to play the story. It is THAT bad for me.
    "Arenanet's clearly chosen a direction you don't like" and they've done it before - to me and other players. There was a time when they chose directions I did like because I and many others complained - If I don't complain about it constantly how's that going to change?
    I get that you want me to leave - it's more convenient for you like that - but I think I'll stick around, and constantly remind the devs that our portion of the community exists as well. Maybe soon the wheel will turn.

• PanBelacqua.9058PanBelacqua.9058 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

[Redacted]

"Beware the Danger of Secrets Kept."
    -Lord Odran

• Sardeth Wynn.9548Sardeth Wynn.9548 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Ok, the last post was angry, this post is going to be angry but a little better.
    I like exploring, that is about 50% of this game for me, I wish your raids and dungeons had an explorer mode so I could walk in take my time and look around, but you don't and everyone is always rushing through so that content isn't fun for me.
    After finishing the Forearmed is Forewarned (Liked it, Over Powered and LOOOOONG) I start running around, I get to a place that has a cracked wall, a beetle painting and a POI behind it.
    I am like ok, like POF, there is a required mount to get it, guess I need it to complete the map. I mean, "They wouldn't lock a required mount for a specific map behind something stupid", I am thinking, "I mean might have to complete a heart and shell out some Gold like the Jackel" so after doing a little more I go back to see Gorrik, get the first collection of Steriods completed and get the second collection.
    THIS MADE NO SENSE.
    It made no sense storywise, it made no sense map completion-wise, it just made No-Sense other than the Devs saying:
    A> We will not let you get 100% of this map unless you get the Beatle
    B> We got you in a war-zone but, in order to get the Beatle, you need to ignore Joko, a plague that threatens human life and go here, there, there, way over there, basically all these other places that have nothing to do with this map and this story to get x,y,z to build a saddle.

I am mad, madder than I was with the Griffon Mount paywall, but it unlike this Beatle wasnt required to complete a map.
    I don't know if I need this to complete the story.
    If I do, whoever came up with this needs to go back to school, if you are going to do something like this it should be an after the season side story and not part of the season achievements at all.

A plan? **
    **Seriously?

Whispers: "Ok.. Hit it till it stops moving then a few more times just to be sure it won't move ever again."
    What do you mean there is a Guide? Why do I have to play someone else's Game?

• PanBelacqua.9058PanBelacqua.9058 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

[Redacted]

"Beware the Danger of Secrets Kept."
    -Lord Odran

• Twyn.7320Twyn.7320 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Expect HUGE SPOILERS for Episode 3! (And a 'bit' of firm critique.)

I need to highlight that this only concerns the story, and now that I've finished the full thing, I feel like I can give a first impression of the narrative. I've been openly critical of the Guild Wars 2 Story beforehand, but tonight, I realised that this isn't for me anymore. The narrative of Episode 3 is a deus-ex-machina fest, with exceptionally limited character development, and an outrageously horrendous ending that serves as a joke, rather than a fitting end to a fan-favourite character.

And the worst part of this: **It was all so predictable. **

The irony is that the cutscene prior to the outrageously horrendous part is literally the best piece of narrative content to come out of Guild Wars 2, period. The cutscene with Joko captures the pure villainy of the character, and removes the grandeur for a moment of psychotic intrigue. It's incredible. And then, seconds later, the entire moment is ruined because Aurene needed a hero moment. I'm sorry, but in comparison to other narratives, this tonal shift is a complete joke, but what can I expect from a narrative that seems so hell-bent on maintaining a family-friendly setting to a mature audience?

This isn't about the launch issues, before anyone critiques it as such. I've pulled those views away and I'm judging the story as it appears. Joko was always going to die, and I knew that it was going to be anti-climactic. I accepted that he'd get limited development, if any. And still, I don't feel any sympathy for the character. It's only through the 'different angle of villain' aspect that I find myself liking Joko as a character. If every other villain wasn't 10x worse than Joko, he'd be forgettable.

And, can I please point out that the 'amazing direction that we've set Braham up on' has basically consisted of Braham doing a 180 in terms of his character, and saying two lines that makes him a team player. This isn't character development, it's forcing everyone together because the agenda is to be more family-friendly.

The biggest concern for this is: Where do we go from here? I'm not excited for what comes next, and I think I'm only one of many that are going to log in and think: 'This is trash.' From the story-points that have been ripped out from Lord of the Rings, to the constant: 'Oh, we've done this off-screen so you can feel powerful' moments, it's been a confirmation that this game's narrative needs a huge rework in story focus. This isn't a subjective tone issue anymore. This is a narrative formatting issue, it doesn't work in this current state, and delivering it in this way makes me feel as if the narrative team actually lacks the care to implement it in a good, enriching way.

If this feels too harsh, I can only apologise. I've seen evidence of care from the narrative team today, with the amazing Joko cutscene, prior to his laughable death, and it makes my blood boil. Why can't the same care go towards the rest of the story? Why does it need to be in isolated moments of brilliance, and not amazing throughout? There's such a lack of consistency in how the narrative is delivered, and I believe that something needs to change. If it means that Anet rewrites Episodes 4-6 (or however many are left) and we need to wait an extra month for each one, I'm fully willing if it means that more care is placed in the story's direction for the future. I'm not here to be a blind fangirl, and this time, I think even the most loyal fans are going to struggle with this.

Rating: 2/10

• Some of Braham's humour hit the mark.
    • Very limited character development.
    • Deus Ex Machina'd to pieces.
    • Poor voice acting that removed from moments, rather than added. Especially in the case of Taimi and random NPCs, such as the Doctor in the Village.
    • Horrendous direction in terms of narrative design.

I want to love this narrative, but I just can't do it anymore, and I believe that I'm definitely not the only one. Only one of thousands in this.

• Story is great so far, I have gotten all the way to Kourna, then once I go through the portal to retrieve Blish's arm it is not there. I asked some other players in the chat they said to reset, I did, the problem still stands. I would really appreciate if you guys fixed this because I don't think I'm the only one having this problem.

• TheExiled.2357TheExiled.2357 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

Going to keep this as short as possible. Spoilers ahead for those who are yet to play/ finish it.

Overall, taking away the time wasted with disconnections, crashes, and other issues, I think the total time of completion was around an hour and a half, two hours at a push. In my own opinion, the instances were very much on the short side, the voice acting in parts was pretty sub-par, the new map doesn't really seem to have anything interesting about it, the collection for the new mount doesn't interest me, and as for the big part.. the story right now is just.. I don't even know what to think. Palawa Joko killed and eaten by Aurene? Seriously? The cutscene right up until that point was absolutely amazing, Joko outing the Commander as the real villain and main cause for everything bad that's happened on Tyria, the two Elder Dragons being killed along with Balthazar, and then it's just flipped on its head because Aurene has to be in the spotlight. I don't care about Aurene, I don't care about Taimi, Braham got a tiny amount of development, again, like he has so much potential and nothing is happening to him. I'm quite disappointed, considering the delay and then the further delay for others waiting to play because of post-release issues, only for it to result in what turned out to be a really lackluster episode for me, all things considered. Admittedly, the humor was on point in very small parts and the end cutscene was great up until that very specific part. Other than that, I'm not sure what to really think.

Personally, I don't think it was any higher than a 2/10 - and sure, I may not have been the most constructive person with my thoughts here but it's late and wanted to get it up whilst it was all fresh. I do hope there's a twist to all of this somewhere down the line, however.

• Enjoyed it, kind of. Disappointed by the META. Disappointed by the horrendous condition of the release (bugs, disconnects, etc). The map is nice looking and it shows how much work and detail you put into it. I was super stoked for the release (which may be why I am disappointed, not sure anything could have lived up to the hype). Beetle is pretty cool. However, after getting the beetle and some achievements - I am not sure the map has any long-term replayability, such as istan.

• With the new patch you added some minies, one of them a Basenji, or am I wrong.. Anyway.. The tail on the Basenji is all wrong, that is, if the mini is supposed to be like the RL Basenji.
    806622bedfc445d6bcb8f7dada198735.jpg.1110x625_q85.jpg This is how the tail should be.

• The first instance in the new map, where you recover Blish's arm has such an incredibly tiny playable space that I've gotten myself kicked out of it three times already, quite frustrating. May I suggest giving players a bit more wiggle room? Especially with cooldown sneak mechanics?

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

The episode itself is great. I don't mind that collections require previous content, and I understand this decision is important on the long run (we are now seeing the LS3 maps still alive and kicking due to people who lagged on doing Aurora and even new folks that got the episodes solely for the collection, great forward thinking I believe will stand for the beetle). With that said there is only one way to get people out of Silverwastes: giving actual rewards, and like all PoF maps (now even Istan), this one fails to deliver on this end. If everything was tuned up to make players feel like they meaningfully stacked up on currency after the events, the events in themselves will be well worth repeating due to the map also being fun. Now for the greatest bummer of all, the story:

Joko was truly the star of this show. Kudos to the voice actor as he could actually get the gloating tone in and off as Joko went from, well, joking and being serious. His last lines of dialogue during the last battle are simply brilliant and not something I'd even expect from someone voice acting a MMO, it really stuck to me. With this said, the buildup being so amazing, and the voice actor doing such a good job, only made the twist of Aurene more disappointing. All the dialogue, the signet ring just being left there, the way Joko actually gets pretty serious when he says that dragons are the life force of this world (which is a nice touch that a Lich King uses "necromancy" jargon like epidemic and life force, y'all keep doing this), all of these little details actually made me feel more letdown by not being given more background on Joko before seeing him vanish from the story. Sometime in the past we were told that we didn't really know "where Joko was from...yet" and well, we still don't and now he's pretty much gone inside Aurene's magic bowels! What the kitten! Let's just say I deeply hope Aurene doesn't poop him out and bury it under Malyck's tree.

• The BEST living world episode we have EVER gotten. Regardless of some people's disconnect errors i was able to finish the whole story in one sitting and i was blown away. If this is what we can expect from the rest of the episodes its safe to say that were in for a fun time

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

That ending lmao :lol:

BG

• Thiazi.1250Thiazi.1250 Member ✭✭

Well, I finished the beetle masteries and story, so here's my feedback!

The first instance did a good job of setting up the story here, and in hindsight, foreshadowed the ending as well ("cheating"). As a human noble though, I was disappointed by my interactions with Faren, given that he is canonically my old friend. It sounded more like we were distant acquaintances, which persisted throughout the episode. While I understand that making and recording dialogue for one race/background combination is probably unreasonable, it was still quite jarring.

The second instance was... well, enough has probably been said about the bugs, so I'll focus on the content itself. The first part of the instance, assassinating the Awakened in the village was really fun. It was a bit easy, but that's probably good for those who aren't enthused by the gameplay change. In the rest of the instance, my only complaint is that the trebuchets have way too high a sight range and didn't seem to be affected by stealth at all.

The in-map story seemed to be more of a way to get people to explore the new map, but I don't have any problems with that personally. I appreciate that it didn't involve completing hearts, because those are pretty much always tedious in story steps (the repeatable ones tend to be tedious in general, really).

The final instance's puzzles were good, though teleports could let you skip most of them. The special action key was implemented terribly though, at least in my opinion. It has a 12 second duration on a 13 second cooldown, with no cast time or other cost. This means that there's literally no reason not to use it off cooldown, which meant it boiled down to pressing an extra button frequently-- basically busywork. I loved Joko's performance, my favorite bits being the dialogue for dying to traps repeatedly where he becomes annoyed at the commander. I liked the ending (an anticlimactic death seems like exactly the kind of thing Joko would hate most), but I feel like we fought him too early in the season-- there should have been more narrative build-up.

Overall, it felt a bit short, but high quality (ignoring bugs). As someone with a low-end computer, I appreciate that this map doesn't have lag like Sandswept Isles does.

It was hard to tag some of the events/creatures needed for the beetle (Steam creatures, Toxic Spider Queen, and Alpha Beetle), but those should become reasonable later once the initial rush dies down. That said, the collections overall were enjoyable to do, though I did speed through them.

The beetle itself is fantastic. It took a bit to get the hang of it, but feels great rolling around at the speed of sound. I appreciate that it also doesn't strictly outclass the other mounts (namely raptor and jackal, its main competitors), instead having a niche of long distance/downhill travel. That said, I think it could stand to start with more endurance, maybe 50% or so? The first 10 or so seconds waiting for the boost to charge are inconvenient, though I understand it's to make it less attractive for short periods of use.

Our Herald revealed themselves, totally unexpected. Are they the same character for each race, or do we all have the same one?

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

Obtained the beetle as soon as possible to have the story experience count towards it , with Bronze chest in the "adventure" that introduces jumps and drifting. We could probably use a PvP / WvW oriented mini-expansion pack (DLC) with alliance battles and roller beetle races as the highlight. We're missing Cantha from the original GW1 (Tyria, Cantha, Elona) so there's a whole continent untouched.

The story itself was alright, but the intermediary steps between Forewarned is Forearmed and "Be My Guest" that occur in Kourna could be better laid out in the UI. It isn't clear which part you are up to sometimes, unlike prior Living Story steps.

When I attempted it yesterday before several patches , it wouldn't progress without crashing after hitting enemies with the first two skills from Blish's arm. The first story step was also buggy and required relogging to progress the dialogue with the two queens & Taimi.

Also, some the achievements have some sort of "FTT" tag in front of them that is likely not supposed to be shown player-side. The same FTT thing is seen in the story instance on the Inquest turrets. Unless the codes are to make the achievements sound more technical (plausible).

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

We'll. I didn't play through all the content yet so i won't read everything here just to check if the thing a want to say already came up.

There is a new stat combination introduced. Plaguedoctors.

Mainstats: vitality and condition dmg
    Minors: healpower and concentration

WHY DID YOU DO THIS?
    It could have been such a good stat combo to make support scourge for raids more viable.

Change vita with healpower and there you go. Almost perfect stats for support/healscourge
    Now you would have to swap vitality with expertise and it would be amazing stats. Even Condi druids might get more viable with this

We'll you need like all of these things to make a good healscourge:
    Power for vampiric presence dmg boost
    Healpower for barriers and healing from VP and transfusion and regeneration
    Maybe concentration for better might and regeneration uptime.

But condition damage would favour the scourge more than power...

• michelada.2947michelada.2947 Member ✭✭✭

Congrats, you reached a new Quality level with the last chapter.

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

After doing the story of this episode with my second main an char rev i got few new negativ points comming up.

The firetrap laser puzzle is a torture with an little bigger sized char. I don't know why the dev's came always up with stuff like this but in my opinion a lot of players will struggle with this puzzle. Also the ring extra button wich needs to be triggert on cd at the same time while jumping around an monitoring lasers and traps adds an extra level of difficulty. In my fl i got a lot of players wich have not this fast reactions to do all of this stuff at the same time. So like in other LS episodes we will carry them trough this part of the story because they will never get it done on their own. Imo this could not be the intention of all this puzzle stuff. I mean it's story and everyone should get it done on his own. Also these mechaniks can get cheesed by a mesmer by using blink. For me this is an unfair disatvantage for classes wich does not have an teleport.
    Also the length of the storyparts needs to be cut in shorter ones for the future.

Positiv thing on my second playtrough:

The boss difficulty is well balanced this time. Normaly i struggle a little bit with my rev on the last bosses but this time the mechaniks were easy to get and fair executed while overall less punishing than on the last LS episodes.

• TheQueenofScots.1307TheQueenofScots.1307 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

I just finished the episode and I sorta expected more (?), it felt super rushed storywise.
    Also, would be nice to have all POI's available regardless if you have the new mount or not, it's like you're forcing people to get the new mount before exploring the entire map..

Otherwise.
    Meh.

Again, I expected more.

Tho it's nice to have a new map.
    And the ending is great.

@Nimon.7840 said:
    We'll. I didn't play through all the content yet so i won't read everything here just to check if the thing a want to say already came up.

There is a new stat combination introduced. Plaguedoctors.

Mainstats: vitality and condition dmg
    Minors: healpower and concentration

WHY DID YOU DO THIS?
    It could have been such a good stat combo to make support scourge for raids more viable.

Change vita with healpower and there you go. Almost perfect stats for support/healscourge
    Now you would have to swap vitality with expertise and it would be amazing stats. Even Condi druids might get more viable with this

We'll you need like all of these things to make a good healscourge:
    Power for vampiric presence dmg boost
    Healpower for barriers and healing from VP and transfusion and regeneration
    Maybe concentration for better might and regeneration uptime.

But condition damage would favour the scourge more than power...

I think the set is meant to be a nice supplementary stat line instead of a full set. You can mix and match an ideal combination perhaps

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

Scourge this, scourge that.

I see plaguedoctor shining for revenant, both condi ventari as well as healer renegade.
    It's definitely better then seraph, since precision is almost useless for condi setup (few more ticks of torment from passive trait), while vitality provides some genuine survival, coupled with healing power. Combine that with revanant's strong passive damage reductions and active defenses (staff, shield etc), and you got really good combo for support revs that also wanna do damage.

Also this set is a good reason to grab rune of scavenging, with all that vitality and condi theme in it.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2018

Info: This "comment" was a thread of its own and has been merged into this one. It was written after I finished the story. A more detailed feedback can be found several posts below.

There will be an official feedback thread eventually, so I am just going to say this: The story missions were the best content the devs have ever released for GW2. :+1: Especially the final mission blew my mind - I was finally feeling that I was playing classic RPG content (trapped dungeons, a Ring of Dispel Illusions, excellent dialogue,...).

Also, the humor was just right - not childish, not overdone. I cracked up on several occasions (especially when Aurene feasted on Joko - that was hysterical!).

The movie sequence work - especially the cutscene of Joko's final monologue - was superb, it really got under my skin.

So, in spite of the technical issues that constantly interrupted the excitement of playing this episode, I still have to say WELL DONE to everyone responsible for this episode's content. Please keep up the good work and level of quality in plot and dialogue. You have made this little camper very happy. <3 <3 <3

• Chazz.6709Chazz.6709 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

the story was interesting , but ended somehow ... strange and we may go probably back to .... our classic enemies.

However those crashes were really annoying , BUT(!) i was really happy , that the progress got saved atleast.Also it was cool , that we didnt got forced to do hearts for story .
    Talking about hearts. They were nicely done. Didnt took too long or too short for my taste they were perfect.

The map currency was easy to get without much of a struggle , which i wont deny, however ( havent explored the full map or every certain merchant) i think there is nothing else except hearts merchants who require that currency.

The map itself is nice. I liked the splitt up between less crowdy area and more crowdy also how different the map looked on each side.

The collection for mount was a mix between aids and misleading , but also not too hard. We had some timegated stuff and no events that required certain events to fail/succeed, but i think you guys said by exploring further the map we unlock the mount and that explains ... why we had to do the world boss mkII ? a bit strange.
    Also really neat was that we didnt had to do the WHOLE story or something like that no daily crafting. Felt cool or not another money sink like griffon kinda.

After some time it was able to finish the collection ,which we finished with some "sweat" . We got our mount. Having a blast .... well after 10 seconds endurance refilling...
    That's one problem with the mount. It need faster Endurance regeneration and full endurance at the beginning.Also may increase it's standard rolling speed ?
    Also with t3 mastery it's kinda focused or made for Kourna . Let us do tricks on land to gain endurance back would be easiest way and start with full endurance at the beginning and may allow us some better handling with it. Mastery t3 could be like

Option1:" You can perform tricks on Land and on air to regain endurance , while you are boosted.You start with full endurance and improved your handling"( just an idea to make it viable easily for other maps , while pleasing our eyes and watching our character do more tricks.)

Option2:"You and your beetle had quite along time of practicing and training , which pays out in faster regeneration of endurance and let you start with full endurance at the beginning."

Mastery t2 doesnt seems to have much of an use atm , which is kinda sad too. like so far i saw it only one place to use it.

"what about other maps ? like flat maps ?"" .... but but ... Raptor and jackal will be useless !""WRONG! It can't pull together like raptor doesnt cant leap over some cliffs to skip some stuff neither does it provide barrier or can be used in tight areas .Also what about skimmer on land ? He can only shine over water :c poor creature :c

Also thats another problem. YOU DONT WANT TO USE IT IN MAPS WITH ALOT OF ENEMIES,which sucks ... it really need better endurance management.Also that roll out skill feels strange . CCwise strange bunny superior :^) ... maybe this could be used for our endurance management another option to change endurance management ?

Overall i really like this mount and it's fun to use,however in it current state it's abit unsatisfaying and less fun to use it unless you find a calm spot without any enemies around and enough place to get some air time to have fun .Please change the endurance on beetle. Make it more fun to use.

Over and out !

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

So, yeah, committed to doing some exploration and found that, as if no one's learned anything, areas are blocked off by metas and masteries. Y'know, the stuff we were mad about with HoT? That stuff? Yeah. Stop doing that.

Also, if there's going to be multi-layered collections to do things vital to a map, we really need some better way to organize our achievement/collection lists. By speaking with 2 NPCs, I got bombarded with six (6) collections.
    And that doesn't count the [FFT surely looks like a bug but isn't] collections that don't really detail how many Spare Parts we're going to need to repair all these ruddy turrets.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Story
    Very well done, delivers nicely. Although it felt a bit short in a way, but that's probably due to having to wait for certain instances that were broken. Overal nicely done, and a good way to get to the next chapter.

New Mount
    Obviously awesome, I wasn't even expecting that there would have ever been a new mount. Handles greatly and really shows how the game can be pushed so much further with its content. Amazing as always!

New Region
    This is imo the worst part. It genuinely feels empty and that there's nothing to do at all. I think the biggest issue is that it gets overshadowed by the amount of content the previous maps (sandswept isles & domain of Istan) offer. The meta event is incredibly lackluster, it feels like a void, and as if it could have easily at least have had 1 more meta event, or its current meta event expanded much further. I think the saddest part is seeing that amazing castle in the distance, only to find out that you will enter a very small part of it, where you will just fight some incredibly simplistic mobs. It's kind of strange, because sandswept isles was messing around with a lot of new concepts such as abilities that move you around (such as the elementals), but this map doesn't bring anything new to the table at all. In terms of exploration there's not much either. It feels as if a large portion of the map design's budget has been cut for the mount. Very sad on this one since new maps are generally my favorite thing. But this map is just... well... Boring!

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:
    My initial impressions aren't great.

Same.
    I waited until the post-reset build to start, so my play time was limited, but I'm.. not content.

Story is progressing smoothly.
    Not happy about the re-replay nature of some of the achievements.

The stealth toolkit was actually pretty grand. (Possible upcoming Thief Elite with kits? :3)
    ...it's just a shame most of my problem solving got blunted by hyper-active AI able to see me do every tiny thing, and trebuchets I couldn't do anything about until I was allowed to. Bad conveyance. Bad.
    Kinda the same for keeping track of Canach. His little target marker and the tiny green bomb squiggle weren't very visible.

Conveyance is critical

Also, real talk, if we're going to have high places that require springers, please stop putting things directly over our heads. We cannot look up. Again, conveyance. And the mastery point that was supposed to be a weird springer cavern climb? Bad. It was stupidly cramped, ledges overhead, slippery terrain that doesn't read well.. Again, conveyance was desperately required.

Jacarundas and Ibogas join the CC-parade, again. I suspect that once I'm done, I'll be avoiding big chunks of this zone, just like Istan. Seriously, the CC and condi barrage is a big problem throughout the entirety of the game that needs a permanent fix, right down to revising original design philosophy for enemy creation.

Bug: Can't put the new scroll in the book. C'mon, ANet, this is basic stuff by this point. :(

And another Condi/healing set. Why? Can we get a decent Power/Conc/Heal or Power/Prec/Conc/Heal somewhere? Please?

We already have power/conc/heal right? Actualy i want to see something like condi/expertiese/concentration

• Chrisco.5732Chrisco.5732 Member ✭✭

So I have now completed the story, map and beetle collection.

The story felt predictable and was really short, yet at the same time felt like it was dragging on and on. Within the entire story there was really only one moment to remember which concludes a HUGE aspect of lore in 2 seconds. Moving on to the new area, it felt generic and honestly not worth visiting after doing it once. The meta event is possibly the worst content i have seen in years. The "meta boss" is a golem sponge that does no damage at all. The moon fortress also felt like it was a conclusion to gw1 lore in the worst way possible. But hey the beetle is cool, i'll probably rarely use it!

Hopefully on to bigger/better stories. Now to do a looot of achievements.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

I have some good feedback about the roller beetle collection: Good job in involving older content like world bosses or the ley line anomaly! That's the right way to make older stuff still look attractive and reasonable to still play it!

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭
    • Map is not as good as Sandswept Isles
    • Story Instances are to long
    • 2nd story has nothing to do with your profession. silly and boring stealth mission
    • Bountys are kind of easy
    • Champion Awakened Abomination is OP. 9k + 2x 6,8k hits in 1 second
    • Meta is to short/easy/unrewarding
    • Joke ending is ... silly? i dont know i expected more
    • Collection 3 for the bettle is bit pain. over farming slow spawning enemies

i have not played the new fractal. maybe this weekend.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

edited June 28, 2018

It's funny that people don't know that Junundu spawn in more places than just at the jackal WP. The Junundu Hatchery has like 7 at all times and they keep spawning smaller ones that also drop the item. Steam creatures are the only ones that are slightly annoying. No idea about the cave wurms because I got the item first try and as of 2 hours ago not a single person farmed them.

I have one big gripe with this release: You really managed to create a map that is worse than the previously worst map to ever exist, Sandswept Isles. That one at least has a better excuse for an interesting event with the Specimen Chamber. The Djinn meta event is an ever so tiny amount better than the Gandara attack we got on this map. Though it needs to be said that only the wave defense event is relevant. The specimen themselves take forever to kill for regular champion loot and the pitiful map event reward.

Why am I saying that? Because fighting an uninteresting boss that doesn't even damage you is extremely uninteresting and yet it seems to have become the norm. It's a target with a ton of HP, it's boring to fight and you get either barely any reward because you don't get to loot the 6 chests at the end or you fall asleep before the boss dies. Again, I understand that Istan is the farm map and that new releases shouldn't overshadow it, but I believe it's time anet threw us a bone here. The home node is the biggest waste of money besides the 1k gold title you can buy and I seriously hope this is not working as intended and is supposed to award more than 1 shard a day. It's pathetic. There isn't any other word for it and I say that with the utmost respect as you may be able to tell from my previous replies.

If you really want to continue releasing maps that will be abandoned faster than the dungeon development then you can feel free to do so. I will expect absolutely nothing for the next map

• rrusse.7058rrusse.7058 Member ✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018

Story
    Kudos to the writing team and all the work that they do. This was a solid episode and I was super excited to see what would happen next. I won't deny that I am a little disappointed by what the final instance means as that suggests we will not be getting any back story on certain events and characters and seemingly closing that door for good.

Still I did not know what was going to happen going in and coming out of it. Honestly I vocalized during the end of that one and I can't recall getting that surprised by a Living World episode since at least Flashpoint.

Beetle
    It looks and feels great. I am still unsure what colors work best with the shell but that is a cosmetic thing. I would like to see some possible dye channels for the saddle at some point if possible. The feel and use of it is fantastic and I have been skipping out on using way points on the original maps just for fun.

Domain of Kourna
    I was super excited to hear that we were returning here to see all the good stuff from Nightfall days. Aesthetically it makes sense that the map looks the way it does, but a lot of the map looks a little washed out and majority of it does not pop out so it is not the prettiest map to be on. However getting to the spring suddenly turns all that around as though it were a new map altogether. I wish there was a little more lore to find around the map as this is an area we have been to before, granted I have only had a day or so to see what the map has in total so there could easily be more I haven't seen.

Map Events
    It's hit or miss here. The weaker parts would be the PoIs that are locked behind events and the big one is having collections that require players to fail or succeed the same events. Please Arenanet, communicate with the various teams that having collections and events like this is not fun and not healthy for the game. I literally had to watch and take part in an event where half the players were yelling to succeed and the other to fail all for the same collection. Please stop designing collections that ask players to fight among one another.

Meta initiation is well done imo as it is what I have been on about for years at this point. That being that meta events should be player driven just as it is in the Silverwastes. Players have agency and depending on how coordinated players are and how well the map works together the meta event can start earlier or later. No more event timers, no need to keep map hopping looking for what you want or being unlucky and logging into a dead map due to the timer.

Here we turn in the parts, the more players that come together, the sooner we can begin. Great.

However, the event itself and events in general leave something to be desired. I didn't even realize the meta event had ended as it seemed like there was more and the UI prompts didn't have much to say in the first place. A large number of players and myself included were fairly confused on how to even access the room with the chests. I may know that now but other players may not and some are even reporting that they are not getting access cards to reach it. Event cut off points, hearts and how far they reach out or the effective area is unclear. Some events are required to access certain PoIs and some sections of the map, particularly Gandara are left untouched which makes it seem like there was cut content.

The new map is not bad by any means but it feels like it is a little lacking in identity and feels similar to Istan but with less cohesion.

Final Thoughts

Overall its a solid episode with a great story, voice work and writing but a somewhat confusing map in terms of how the designs and functions are executed. Do keep up the great work though Arenanet. Hopefully that nasty bugs (except the beetle) hasn't ruined the experience for too many and we all keep moving forward on to even better things in Tyria.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:
    We already have power/conc/heal right? Actualy i want to see something like condi/expertiese/concentration

Harrier's okayish. I would've hoped more for Pow/Conc; Heal/Prec.
    I could see ANet mimicking Vigilant with Condi/Vit/Exp/Conc at some point.

...But it really does highlight how terrible the GW2 stat system is in actual delivery. We're languishing here waiting for stat combinations instead of having a much simpler and direct method of making our builds. And each generation of stat sets gets more and more convoluted in acquisition.
    100 Flax for a gear piece?
    Brandsparks?
    It's all a tremendous nuisance that should've been hammered down years ago.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• irondog.4830irondog.4830 Member ✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

I LOVED it! I myself had to problem using the arm skills at all. I did have to take time to look and try them out, but I was able to figure it out and use them easily. I was able to get the achievements but for the one you have to annoy the enemy 1st time. I love the creativity of the Forearmed and Forewarned, and the whole story. GW2 keeps getting better and better! Also, even though I had to wait another day before things worked out, I"m not the least bit upset about it. Things happen and I knew it would be fixed and fine. I had a lot of fun playing it and look forward to running my other toons through it. No complaints.

• Hi,

We do have an official feedback thread, so please feel free to comment here. Thank you for your kind words!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018

Could you change the hints in the Beetle Juice collections? At present two refer to region names on the map and one to a point of interest. After having found the secret stashes hinted at with reference to region names, I assumed the third group hidden around "Palawa's Benevolence" referred to a region name as well. No being sure whether or not I had uncovered the whole map I spend a long time looking until I finally found out that "Palawa's Benevolence" was in fact a POI.

EDIT: Worse - one of the stashes that is supposed to be near Palawa's Benevolence is in fact closer to the "Army Landing" POI...

Please nerf Paper and buff Rock. Scissors is ok as is. Signed, Rock.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.