Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 16 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• Keep getting the crashing at Be My Guest, infuriating to go through the whole thing over and over again. Still getting DCed

• Jethro.9376Jethro.9376 Member ✭✭✭

Worked fine for 3 hours now i'm back to connection error

• I am also still getting the crashing at Be My Guest (with multiple error codes), the farthest I've been able to progress is the sewers before it crashes.
    Thank you and godspeed, ArenaNet.

• Despond.2174Despond.2174 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I am getting it randomly as well. I finished the beach quest then 10min after randomly d/c. I will wait until tomorrow I think and hopefully it's all ok then.

• Disconnected 4x while trying to complete 'Be My Guest'.... all at the bridge part. What a shame I have to pull the emergency breaks until this egregious error is resolved.

• We just made it into the sewers and just beyond the torture room before getting the Disconnected error. Tried to reload, got another Connection Error, and then the endless white screen. :( Sad panda.

• Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

Yup, "Be My Guest" is a network error trap. At this point I consider restarting the pc and the game part of the mission. At least I am meanwhile at the final boss fight, but I can't make it through without getting network errored again.

• AyumiFey.8925AyumiFey.8925 Member
    edited June 27, 2018

Things like that happen, when you have so many players log in at the same time. Sometimes things break, even if there was nothing wrong before. You cannot predict it.

Since it's not even 10AM here, and I'm at work till 4PM, I will be logging in after work, hoping things are fixed, if not, I can always do one of the many other things in game that I still have to finish.

Good luck on fixing those~!

• not gonna lie im salty af, in other games after such things happen we (players) get something in change for the trouble, in here we just receive overbuffs in classes that are already good and nerfs to ones that nobody plays, and i wouldnt be so angry if it was the first time this kind of thing happens, but everytime and update goes live, everything goes real bad and real fast. in other words i would like to play during my vacations thanks.

• anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭✭

@Rintz.5138 said:
    not gonna lie im salty af, in other games after such things happen we (players) get something in change for the trouble, in here we just receive overbuffs in classes that are already good and nerfs to ones that nobody plays, and i wouldnt be so angry if it was the first time this kind of thing happens, but everytime and update goes live, everything goes real bad and real fast. in other words i would like to play during my vacations thanks.

You get free content, go away troll.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

@Egorum.9506 said:
    This or something like it does happen with every single lw release.

No, it doesn't. Something this major happened maybe 4-5 times before in the whole history of GW2.

Seriously, for other MMOs it's perfectly normal to have the whole game shut down for hours after a major patch to fix bugs. We really have it good here.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Silitha The Mystical.5480 said:
    They even said this bug did not show in their testing.

I'm sure they did very rigorous testing and then the code came to life and mutated into a completely non-functional state that prevents EVERYONE from accessing the map.

or

Anet lied to you and you believed them without question.

You really never have worked on any major programming project, did you?

It's not possible to truly 100% replicate test and production environments even for small projects. There's always bound to be some small differences. Usually they don't matter, but sometimes they do. And, incidentally, those types of bugs are usually the hardest to squash, because they can be really elusive.

Last time i saw something this major on a project, it turned out to be caused by some wonky interactions of routing table and firewall port redirects. In place that was seemingly not connected to the issue (and one the team looking for cause of bugs didn't even have direct access to).

It's easy to explode with righteous indignation when it's all black magic to you, but trust me, if you have even a passable knowledge of the potential issues it becomes much, much harder to blame Anet. Don't think that you'd do their job better when you have no real idea of what's going on.

I, for one, am pleasantly surprised that stuff like that doesn't happen all that often. And that there's practically no shutdown-causing issues at all. They had to take the game offline twice in the game history (and once more for completely external reasons that had nothing to do with GW2 or Arenanet). There was never (as far as i remember) any major content rollback. You just don't realize how incredible this is.

I'm of course irritated as anyone at having to wait. Nobody likes that, especially if you're pumped yourself up for the next episode. I just don't think that there's any point to being angry at Anet. And while screaming at someone else to "do their jobs better" might relieve my stress, it's hardly productive, or fair.
    Especially, as i mentioned before, if you have no idea of problems the devs might be facing.

@AyumiFey.8925 said:
    Since it's not even 10AM here, and I'm at work till 4PM, I will be logging in after work, hoping things are fixed, if not, I can always do one of the many other things in game that I still have to finish.

Same. And i am a bit hopeful, since from what i hear about the people getting errors at the later story steps than before, it seems they are fixing things.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Ariella.9035Ariella.9035 Member ✭✭

I have the same issue as well, since the patch from yesterday, initially I was able to log in and then was kicked out after a short time. Now I cannot log in at all and keep getting the connection error message, hoping the fix it soon!

• Luna.9640Luna.9640 Member ✭✭

Update: I've managed to log my first bugged character after 30ish tries.

For those who are stuck try other characters and then go back to your first character that got bugged.

• @Astralporing.1957 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:
    This or something like it does happen with every single lw release.

No, it doesn't. Something this major happened maybe 4-5 times before in the whole history of GW2.

Seriously, for other MMOs it's perfectly normal to have the whole game shut down for hours after a major patch to fix bugs. We really have it good here.

Sometimes people don't realise it seems, how amazing it is to get all updates without the server breaks, without waiting.

I haven't played that many online games, but the ones I did, it was normal to have 1-2, sometimes more hours for maintenance.

And you had to work around that to play, if it was during the time you were available to play.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@AyumiFey.8925 said:

Same. And i am a bit hopeful, since from what i hear about the people getting errors at the later story steps than before, it seems they are fixing things.

That's good to hear. We shall see how it goes when I come back from work.

One plus of living in EU, updates usually happen after work for me, in the evening, so I don't wait impatiently while at work, not being able to jump in immediately haha

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

It's baaaaack! The notorious "Network Error 1083" has reared its ugly head again. Just got kicked from Fractals and can't log back in.

• Kersya.3145Kersya.3145 Member ✭✭

We were just in the middle of a dungeon going to fight Joko ... as soon as we got to the floor traps and started to jump over them i crashed....
    This is so frustrating.

• I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.
    As an indie game developer myself, if the player base of my games would act this way because of problems on the first day of new content I wouldn't know how to keep going. So thank you everyone at Anet, for working so hard and then having to listen to all this entitled whining, you'r commitment is much appreciated <3

• Glox.5942Glox.5942 Member
    edited June 27, 2018

"Be my guest" are crahsing for me, in EU, tried to get into the instance twice now. The first time the dialog began and then gave me the 7:11:3:191:101 code. Tried to log in but got the 1083 code. After waiting a few minutes I was able to login again just to crash again, this time after a few seconds in the instance, when I tried to enter "Be my Guest" and after that 1083 again.

• Kraggy.4169Kraggy.4169 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:
    I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.

Having paid for something I am certainly ENTITLED to expect that .. and yes, we do pay for the LS via the cost of the expansion at the very least.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭✭

DC'ed out of 'be my guest', wasn't able to log in with character for really long time. DC happened right after tower explosions.

Not going back there again for near future. Joko too strong, he casts insta DC on character.

• @Kraggy.4169 said:

I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.

Having paid for something I am certainly ENTITLED to expect that .. and yes, we do pay for the LS via the cost of the expansion at the very least.

Bugs happen? Sometimes problems can be resolved quickly, sometimes they might be more complicated and take more time.

It's not like you won't be able to play at all. Waiting ~1 day or sth shouldn't be that hard. The update will be there, sooner or later.

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Yeah, keep trying different characters.
    I've just had the same issue this morning. It kept crashing on two of my chars. Log into another. That worked, I could then log into the characters that were chrashing.

It's saying network error Code:1083:5:7:1596:101
    It's definitively not my network. That was working fine.

edit: I havent played any of the living world stories. Haven't even gone near the new maps.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Be my guest bugged, same error as before the 1083 code, but we can access the map so hooray!

• Not sure if this helps/has been said before b u t, mine was fine starting the story, i was about half finished i think when weird things like mounts stopped working, character began attacking on his own, etc, then i got disconnected like everyone else. Couldnt log in since on that character on the newest map but can log in on any other character if theyre not on that map. Servers maybe cant handle the amount of people hopping on the new episode ? Not sure, either way, hope its fixed soon.

• Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭

This is disastrous. I think it's the worst of all episode until now. There was not so much deco.

• Just been reading through all posts in this thread and I think I may have a new one to add to the list... Was working on “a bug in the system” when it changed from one step to the next it came up with “this is not your instance...” at the start of the chat; not being in a group/party etc it seemed a tad strange!

It sounds like the inter-server switching has a bug 🐜 Whether this is in game code or Amazon servers not keeping up with the game I would not like to guess at. I know how difficult it is to test things in the sandbox and then face new obstacles when going live. Keep up the good work devs and see you on the other side ;-)

• Yesterday I couldn't enter the Forearmed is Forewarned instance. My game always crashed. Today, it seemed I could enter the instance, and then there was a dialogue. Then, I had to stun an Awakened. I don't know how though, it said I had to use some skill to stun it. An arrow was pointing to my skill bar, but I couldn't find it. After some time, I gave up looking for the skill and walked towards the Awakened. Just before I was in range, the game crashed. The difference with yesterday is that the music kept playing and that the game didn't go back to the launcher. I'm going to wait a few hours now before I'm going to try it again and do something else. Let's hope it'll be fixed! Good luck Anet!

• Ceit.7619Ceit.7619 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Repairing the game client seemed to have resolved all of the issues for me so far. Will update if anything changes in regards to that.

Edit: Error Code=7:11:3:191:101 during the cutscene where we try to blow down the gate.

• Well, 3 times tried the Be my Guest, 3 times disconnects and network errors after. This has to be the worst LS release (technical-wise) ever so far, Anet. Never before have you released something with so many bugs and disconnects. I prefer to wait longer for something stable so that I can enjoy the story and lore behind than to go through something half-kitten and buggy. Because if you have us try to log in every five minutes, first it takes the fun out of it and second - it's poor performance on your side.

So, both love you and hate you right now. :/

• @Astralporing.1957 said:
    It's not possible to truly 100% replicate test and production environments even for small projects.

But there are tools to help locate bugs. If they had a public test server, those connexion issues would have happened, and they would already be fixed before release.

• LordOtto.2650LordOtto.2650 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Again same problem, got kicked, ported to other map back! Now I wonder if there is a WP for the new map.... for kitten sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please check your brains again!

• my game lost connection after timi deployed the eneryshield at the gate of the moonfortress and I got the error game-client lost connection Code = 7:11:3:191:101
    restarting the game and logging in with another charakter reset the instance for the charakter who was trowen out.
    by my second attemt to the instance i got trowen out while chasing braham with the same error as before

• LPTimme.6173LPTimme.6173 Member ✭✭

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@LPTimme.6173 said:
    please treat the devs as normal human beings. they're no machines. they still become tired, exhausted etc.. of course it is annoying not being able to play, but beep happens and the they will roll out a patch when the breaking bugs are fixed. (not the scarabs and roller beetles of course ;) )

be kind. It's still just a game. <3

No, it's a service!
    Which they didn't provide...
    If your Internet went down because they messed up something, you'd be up their case all day! Same thing here, they messed up, their incompetence impacted people's lives in a real way. You can be a fan boy all day long, but that doesn't stop the matter that this is unacceptable, especially from a release that was already delayed to "polish it"... If this is "polished", i wouldn't want to see a "rough" release... What would that do? Format your hard-drives?
    It's not like they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts! The Roller beetle was designed to get people back into the game, and to sell skins.
    Their silence about skin packs is another sign of their "goodwill"!

This is not the first time these issues arise, they should have had enough time to figure out where these connectivity issues when joining instances arise from and solve it.
    They didn't do it, and this is just the worse kind of publicity. What kind of game company that has been on the "MMORPG" (GW1 wasn't a real MMORPG) business for 14 years, and has a nearly 6 year old game, and still fails a release this spectacularly and completely.
    Not only that, but Living world has been the last shred of quality this game has, PvP is a stain, WvW is a joke, PvE is the only redeeming feature this game has left, and the latest releases have consistently come with issues and delays.
    If people that have been playing this consistently for the last almost 6 years are questioning why they're still doing this, you can bet your pants that the influx of people that came in from Bless's flop will too!

i just can repeat myself. everybody makes mistakes. the content is FREE and u cant always test all bugs beforehand. bugs will always appear that's pretty normal and testing things internally or live under much more stressed servers etc. DOES make a huge difference.

But as well as i am called a "fanboy", guys with such unnecessary negativity might just be called "haters".
    I don't know why i try to explain logical things to people who just dont want to try to understand.

Have fun hating i dont have the energy to argument with people full of anger and negativity.
    I won't answer anymore.

Greetings.

• stop being so god kitten angry and wait a day or two until they resolve all issues - welcome to mmo content launches in genereal, it never works out smoothly.

Oh did I hurt your precious feelings? My deepest apologies.

• Twyn.7320Twyn.7320 Member ✭✭✭

Can people stop pretending that we haven't paid for this? It's produced with a portion of the profits that we provided by buying Path of Fire, and general upkeep from their insanely successful Gem Store. People have every right to complain and criticise Anet for the state of this launch, because they've paid for it. It's a service, the service isn't working. Gucci.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

Just now, after selecting a character that is stationed in the Desolation, not the Desert Highlands:

"Network error.

Please check your Internet connection and try again. (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)"

I still have not reached the new map, still waiting on "Forearmed Is Forewarned." ;)

´

@Nikita.6192 said:
    Anet also STILL hasn't managed to fix the 'switch to WIN10 Desktop', when you move to another zone. I was hoping this would have been finally addressed with this patch, but seems to be too much to handle.

I don't think that's an issue on the game's side but rather with Windows 10, no?

• Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

@Ynvir.4079 said:
    I prefer to wait longer for something stable so that I can enjoy the story and lore behind than to go through something half-kitten and buggy.

It doesn't seem like you prefer to wait longer to avoid the bugs if you've tried it three times already. If you really did, you would have caught on that this was a poor release and just waited it out. No one is forcing you to play it on the release date.

At this point people should just expect to hold on for a day, all LS patches are like this. That's not in defense of Anet, it's just how it is.

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im still unable to even get IG. I keep getting this error:

NETWORK ERROR
    Please check your internet connection and try again (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)

How can some get in, but others can't?

• Shizlam.4310Shizlam.4310 Member ✭✭

@Twyn.7320 said:
    Can people stop pretending that we haven't paid for this? It's produced with a portion of the profits that we provided by buying Path of Fire, and general upkeep from their insanely successful Gem Store. People have every right to complain and criticise Anet for the state of this launch, because they've paid for it. It's a service, the service isn't working. Gucci.

Sometimes kitten happens, they're fixing it so you'll get your service, your whining won't speed up the process. Gucci (whatever the heck that is)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

I was laughing at Taimi's pun on the much hated bounty ambushes last night: "But we can send you now to prepare for the battle. Make sure we're not transported in an ambush. Ha, ha."

Today I am more like, "Okay, Taimi, I think I'd prefer an ambush over not being able to proceed with the story." ;)

@Shizlam.4310 said:
    Gucci (whatever the heck that is)

I was wondering the same thing. Gucci is a famous, overpriced designer brand. What it has to do with anything is beyond me.

• ANet company, tell us, to the buyers of this game, we are also free testers for new content for you, do not you have your own unit for testing? I have not seen such respect for consumers for a long time.

• UnDeadFun.5824UnDeadFun.5824 Member ✭✭✭

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258
    Thanks for the update and thanks to all those working late trying to resolve this.

• The following servers are dead at this moment since i got booted to launcher during the story "Be my Guest."

(might be more)
    All of them i got booted to launcher every time.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

Got disconnected waiting on Golem Mark II world boss. It put my character back into the new map.. and now I can't login on any character.

• MordekaiZeyo.7318MordekaiZeyo.7318 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

No. This topic remains open as long as servers issues are still there.
    The GW2-players was frustrated at this time because of server issues on Day one and Day two after the release of "Long Live the Lich"... It's a good opportunity to post here some recent server/connection issues.

• I can not log in at all now

• Cio.1608Cio.1608 Member

People complaining that Dev's didn't stay till later trying to fix problems, You really don't want tired people working on fixing issues like this they likely to create more. They will fix it but they are human and need sleep themselves to work well.

• Kraggy.4169Kraggy.4169 Member ✭✭

@AyumiFey.8925 said:

@Kraggy.4169 said:

Bugs happen? Sometimes problems can be resolved quickly, sometimes they might be more complicated and take more time.

Yes, bugs happen, and in MMO releases they're sadly often game-breaking like the one's we're suffering from now, but doesn't mean I'm not ENTITLED to expect things to work .. when people toss around the word 'entitled' as an insult they clearly need an explanation of the English word 'entitlement'.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.