Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

managed to get as far as tombs, we spoke to the queen, she said her bit, then bang, we have network error and can't log back.
    last time i got into lions arch fine with a character there when my ranger bombed in lily, but can't get anyone in atm.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Doireann Devir.6984 said:
    Also, not sure if this helps, but each time I try to go back in, the startup screen shows Crystal Oasis before realizing I'm in Desert Highland.

You know, information like this could be helpful, so thanks for posting it.

I understand the frustration, but "It's broken" posts aren't nearly as helpful as those that give details, such as an error code, your general location, a tracert, that sort of thing. You are truly welcome to post here in any form (aside a breach of the FCoC, of course ;) ) but if you could provide a little info in the post, that would be excellent. I've pointed out this thread to the devs and they may find helpful details with in it if you'll share them.

Thanks very much!

I've had that bug all day. The game thought I was in Caledon, when I had already been in several other zones. Didn't keep me from connecting though.
    PS: I can't connect so I just came here for all the salt. Gonna play Stardew Valley while waiting for things to work.

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭

when your unable to log in from the dc's, when the game restarts itself don't log in for a few minutes "at least 3-5" let the server realize your not there and release your session I think that's kinda whats happening. you will be returned to the first way point of the map.

• DeKong.6203DeKong.6203 Member ✭✭

I just want to WvW and i keep getting network error aswell. Ty!!

• Danne.3960Danne.3960 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

Getting Connection error code=7:11:3:191:101, other times "network error" code=1083:5:7:1596:101… after some attempts u get in to the story but then again these two errors comes back

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can't play AT ALL now, DCed in highlands, shows oasis loading screen, tells me it can't do it. Can't get back in at all. And it plays character selection screen music during the map loading screen

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• jbolene.4352jbolene.4352 Member ✭✭

pick up the arm and poof every time, then cant get back in for 15-20 min

• Etaoin.4362Etaoin.4362 Member ✭✭

Keep getting 1083'ed every time I try to run "Forearmed is Forewarned," then I just can't log into any characters at all for at least several minutes, regardless of location.

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Everything was going well went to the tomb of primeval and the story stops. Nothing happened

• they'll fix it relax -.-

• Gregious.8903Gregious.8903 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

https://imgur.com/a/2I6ietK

That's some quality right there...

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I'm disconnecting in 'Forewarned is Forearmed' (I think that's the name), right after talking to Taimi and Blish after traveling through the portal, and picking up the arm and receiving the instructions on its use.

Here's the error code: 1083:5:7:1596:101
    I was on a '34' server.

Hope that helps.

Closed and restarted launcher and got in. We'll see if story works

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

I am not sure the log alt proposal was a good idea, now my main is stuck loading in Desert Highlands and my alt in Draconis Mons... Network error: 1083:5:7:1596: 101. Opened game client freshly after the dceds prior. In game on main I couldn't pass portal due to same error.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guys calm down, It leads to nothing to spit on ANET!!! Instead give useful information: error codes, when it occurs, if it makes the client crash or not...

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Just wait and let the people do theyre job! it will not help if u whine all the time. Post usefull information not %#$^

• Looks like the Kourna Server is empty. Just use it for the story instances :P

For everyone who dont can connect to other Characters. Restart the Game, it fix the disconnect on the other characters. But not on the story instance

• MHaastrup.6978MHaastrup.6978 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Yes. Arenanet should hire millions of testers and have the entire infrastructure of their servers mirrored for them.
    Paying enough salaries for a small country is totally not ridiculous.

• Ellegon Mcleod.5931Ellegon Mcleod.5931 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

hmm not sure if related - have not touched the episode but now getting the 1083 in normal maps - and wont log in any chars. Was just doing a key run and after visiting a few maps it crashed and now cant log into chars no matter where they are in the world.
    Edit - tried a char had not played in a while and that seemed to get me in and then dcing went away. Not sure if that if helps at all

• Well, so far I got two error codes. I'll take some time off now.

Code=1083:5:7:1596:101
    Code=7:11:3:191:101

• Monimon.6710Monimon.6710 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

35.157.47.180 map
    1083:7:1596:101 error
    Hop 5 to Map-IP Ping Plotter graph: https://i.imgur.com/wJOS9Lj.png

Aunt Edit says:
    loading ip above and 18:195:145:98 result in network error

Jumping and porting ~ proud MES @ [PINK]

• Markus.9162Markus.9162 Member ✭✭

After using the portal of blish, it crashed all the time in loading screen, now I cannot log in with this character anymore always crashing.

• I heard my character in water for some reason after I went to the portal and after words I got disconnected.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Doireann Devir.6984 said:
    Also, not sure if this helps, but each time I try to go back in, the startup screen shows Crystal Oasis before realizing I'm in Desert Highland.

You know, information like this could be helpful, so thanks for posting it.

I understand the frustration, but "It's broken" posts aren't nearly as helpful as those that give details, such as an error code, your general location, a tracert, that sort of thing. You are truly welcome to post here in any form (aside a breach of the FCoC, of course ;) ) but if you could provide a little info in the post, that would be excellent. I've pointed out this thread to the devs and they may find helpful details with in it if you'll share them.

Thanks very much!

I got back to the character screen and that screen is also telling me that my character is in Crystal Oasis. I'm still in Desert Highland.

• Artasian Nosferatu.3516Artasian Nosferatu.3516 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Couple things:

• If you are having trouble re-logging on your character, just do it enough for 5-10 minutes and you'll finally get back in.
    • If you have already spoken to Taimi and CANNOT access the portal, stand directly in front of Scruffy 2.0 and re-log.
  • Bunter.3795Bunter.3795 Member ✭✭✭

I got to the part where you are supposed to enter the portal (Forearmed is Forewarned). After the dialogue with Taimi and Blish nothing happened. Someone on the map said to relog to fix this issue. I relogged the same character and went back to the portal spot. I got the interact to start the Forearmed instance. I entered the instance and as soon as the dialogue from Taimi finished about some bugs (irony at it's finest) I immediately disconnected back to the log in screen. Now whenever I log onto either that character or any not in a PoF map, I get the "Network Error 1083...." message and the character does not load in any way. The one other character I have in a PoF map was able to load and I was able to move it for less than a minute before it disconnected and I was put back at the log in screen.

If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.

• this has to the best update in gw2, you post poned the story by weeks to make sure you got things right... and then you deliver a messy launch which will probs take you all day if not multiple days to fix, but you still update gem store for money.... really. maybe I should waste my time with bless.

• I get error code=1083:5:7:1596:101.
    Unable to log into the character that made it to the Primeval tomb it displays the above network error. Tried the other 8 characters who are all in Lion's arch and they will login for about 10s then the game crashes and logs out.

What about the bug where the loading screen after portal is eternal? Is there a trick to get around that?

• Exatherion.3075Exatherion.3075 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

It's just as with any LS-Episode.... Server issues.

The workaround with the Mists is fine but I get very fast disconnected again, after trying to log my character in "Amnoon", although the last map I was on(and moved on it for about 30 seconds before getting disconnected) was Desert Highlands.

• Rodzynald.5897Rodzynald.5897 Member ✭✭✭

[insert yet another comment of a player and his disappointment regarding the current game status]

Casual friendly and quality pvp - these two do not work well together.

With ghost dialogue, restarting launcher entirely fixed it, but with portal loading screen that didn't work and I now cannot do anything whatsoever

• tekfan.3179tekfan.3179 Member ✭✭✭

I'm no expert on this, but I get the impression the main problem are the servers.
    Whenever I got a problem with a LW-Episode, it revolves around one of the following things:

-First: Instance generation. The client loads a bit, then disconnects as if the server isn't answering.
    -Second: Map-relog. When I try to relog unto a map after the crash, it mostly results in another crash, unless I'm landing on a different instance of the map.
    -Third: Interacting with things. Should an instance happen to load, the moment I interact with something, a crash occurs.

• @PhantomKnight.2183 said:
    I heard my character in water for some reason after I went to the portal and after words I got disconnected.

I think you may have clipped through the ground from lag and hit the water plane.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can log again, but the crash only happens when launching the portal instance for me.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• @Etaoin.4362 said:
    Keep getting 1083'ed every time I try to run "Forearmed is Forewarned," then I just can't log into any characters at all for at least several minutes, regardless of location.

Pretty much what is happening to me as well. I had a few disconnects loading or inside missions prior to this one, but not enough to deter me. Now I really seem stuck. Got the "game client lost connection to the server" ( code=7:11:3:191:101) error a few times trying to load the "Farearmed is Forewarned" mission.

• VPK.1796VPK.1796 Member ✭✭

Well, Nigeria-Argentina and Iceland-Croatia starting now, good timing.

• I'm sure it's been mentioned and that its identical to many others- I got into the Mistlock sanctuary, I started the episode in my journal listened to Taimi, then WP'd to Amnoon, where after a moment or two I crashed out. Upon opening up the game again on the same character it shows me the loading screen for Mistlock for about 2 minutes and then crashes out again.

One of 6 Bringers of Aggro [Oops] Guild Leaders!

• shinjin.3924shinjin.3924 Member ✭✭

I get disconnect with other character aswell,that are for example in PVP lobby or in another maps,i can't login anymore

• My dialogue for the primeval queens doesnt work, approach them nothing played, relogged it skipped it and went to the next part. Same thing happened when convening with taimi and blish at the portal site...no dialogue, relogged, it skipped it to enter the portal. Entered the portal then DCed.... Whats the point in trying to play it if i dont get any of the content. I can't restart the whole episode to get the dialogued i missed too, i'll have to play it on a different character.

• Suraci.1642Suraci.1642 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

guild wars 2 more like bug wars 2 ;d

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

Addendum: After the last crash (error 7) when trying to return, my character select screen stopped rendering my characters, see https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405207401315434496/461228337856118784/gw544.jpg

I was able to tell it to load Donari in regardless, but crashed from Highlands loading screen. I'm not going to try any more for a bit, I'll wait for news of a hot fix because after an hour of attempts it's fairly clear I'm not going to get much done until that fix is released.

(I am fairly certain that being in Discord with a friend, and in group with him during those times we could both log in, was not a cause of crashing. But for data purposes, that was also happening. I do not have and never have had ARCDps. I do have a gw2efficiency profile. In case any of that matters one bit).

• After the crash from Forearmed is Forewarned my character with 100% map completion on every map is listed as having 0% map completion in Highlands

• Those are the error codes that I get:
    7:11:3:191:101 for the second instance - sometimes it appears before actually getting in, sometimes good 15 seconds into the conversation; this one logs me out
    1083:5:7:1596:101 for trying to log back into the map (the Highlands) - this one throws me out of the game alltogether

• Forearmed and fore(whatever) doesn't allow us to enter the instance, this is the 2nd story instance of the episode and it is in the desert Highlands, just outside the tomb of primeval kings. I've tried changing the map instance to see if that works, but it does not. Likewise my character's position is lost in translation and I get sent to the entrance of the map each and every time I disconnect. The disconnect is not tied to that particular character because it force logs me out each time it happens. I don't know what's getting lost in translation but it may have something to do with where our characters are located, and where they are moving to.

• I keep getting DC'ed with error code: 1083:5:7:1596:101 with just trying to log in with my character and issues with the story "Forearmed is Forewarned" as such i had to re-log to "enter the portal" then relog again for the menu to come up to enter and now it took me a while to get logged back in.

• the same for me, I was disconnected during the game and now I always have a disconnection entering the character

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Got DC'd while just standing around Crystal Oasis. I tried logging back into my main (the one I was playing when I crashed) and got a 1083 error after loading for about 20 seconds. After restarting the client I tried logging into two other characters, getting the 1083 again each time.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Vatrez.8475Vatrez.8475 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

Keep getting kick to desktop trying to load Desert Hightlands. (Code=7:11:3:191:101).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.