Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• Looks like ALL servers are now "down for the count"!! I'm on East Coast and can't even access GW2 PERIOD!! ANET needs to re-read it's text book and remember the sequence: 1) design 2) TEST 3) release-----------------------and which step did they skip THIS TIME??

• I got this error all the time when trying to go in the second instance, forewarmd. Long loading, then white screen with
    error code: (Code=7:11:3:191:101). Kicks me to character selection, if I try to get in again I get the 1083 error

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Got in instance, interacted with arm successfully, dialogue in progress, stealth worked, then in middle of dialogue while doing absolutely nothing... disconnect

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Comus.7365Comus.7365 Member ✭✭

i did what another player said and waited a few minutes before logging onto my character and that worked. wasn't doing anything LS related though.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

has ANYONE gotten into the actual new map?

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• curtegg.5216curtegg.5216 Member ✭✭

Don't you just love these Amazon servers.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bug with grouping, we all had to re-log for the story to carry on. Got to the arm and bombed again. Just get network error at present.

• Trying to enter the a Forwarned instance, get kicked to character selection with the error code 7:11:3:191:101

• Eltreum.8607Eltreum.8607 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

Started the story, got the phone call with taimi telling me she loves me and server crashed/disconnected right then. Haven't been able to get back in on any character.

Thanks Taimi

• Also can't log in with any character without getting the connection error.

• @Doireann Devir.6984 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Doireann Devir.6984 said:
    Also, not sure if this helps, but each time I try to go back in, the startup screen shows Crystal Oasis before realizing I'm in Desert Highland.

You know, information like this could be helpful, so thanks for posting it.

I understand the frustration, but "It's broken" posts aren't nearly as helpful as those that give details, such as an error code, your general location, a tracert, that sort of thing. You are truly welcome to post here in any form (aside a breach of the FCoC, of course ;) ) but if you could provide a little info in the post, that would be excellent. I've pointed out this thread to the devs and they may find helpful details with in it if you'll share them.

Thanks very much!

I got back to the character screen and that screen is also telling me that my character is in Crystal Oasis. I'm still in Desert Highland.

:) Well, I started Forewarned is Forearmed before crashing (saw the opening screen before BOOM) and I now it finally shows in my character screen that I'm in Desert Highlands.

• Fractals DC's too - Connection lost 7:11:3:191:101

• Bollocks.4078Bollocks.4078 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I got the DC after a long load screen when I tried to enter the portal for Forearmed is Forewarned. After that I couldn't reconnect. I tried other chars and kept getting the disconnect until I tried a char that was in LA and got in. Maybe it needs to be a char in a town to get back in? Someone else had said they got in with a char in Mists. The first several I tried that DC'd were in open world maps like Fireheart Rise, Caledon Forest, etc.

• Aenaos.8160Aenaos.8160 Member ✭✭✭

I got 1083'ed too.
    Was in the Fractals lobby when it happened.
    I always delay playing the story so that the QA testers( aka the live players) report the bugs for the fixes to come,
    but now it is impossible to even log in the game.
    Long Live the 1083.
    Praise Bruhum.

• I think I'll just log in later...

• Logging back in to my character kicked from the instance i get a white screen and a network error code, 1038:5:7:1596:101 then get kicked to my desktop. Logging back in, same white screen and error code multiple times....can't log in at all

• You've to restart the game for EVERY story step to update in Desert Highlands. Talking to the ghosts etc. Even some Dialogs won't come up or only partly.

The story instance just crashed when loading(the loop)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@leafjelly.8367 said:
    Logging back in to my character kicked from the instance i get a white screen and a network error code, 1038:5:7:1596:101 then get kicked to my desktop. Logging back in, same white screen and error code multiple times....can't log in at all

Guess the anticipation was premature. ;) Episode 3 released June 26. Playable on June 27. =)

• Ronharshadow.5246Ronharshadow.5246 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

"Game client lost its connection to the server (Code=7:11:3:191:101)"

Edit: Also got Network error (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)

• @Eltreum.8607 said:
    Started the story, got the phone call with taimi telling me she loves me and server crashed/disconnected right then. Haven't been able to get back in on any character.

Thanks Taimi

Looks like Taimi destroyed the universe.
    It's sad that she felt the need to hide her depression.

• 1) At this time, I can get to the login screen but cannot proceed beyond--just get a "cannot connect" error.

2) Earlier, when trying the new scenario, could get through the FIRST step (with Joko) but the second step was impossible to navigate---it was "apparently" overridden by the "Ogre's assault on the Queens" (from the Highlands release). At that point, everything just stopped. I re-booted and was asked if I wanted to continue---answered yes and was immediately booted to desktop and now can't get past login screen.

• I keep getting disconnected when I try to log into the game. Sometimes, I'm able to get on the toon that I want to do the new content on, but then it stalls. I also noticed a longer loading time for the story part after updating Taimi.

• Twyn.7320Twyn.7320 Member ✭✭✭

Gasp. What if this is intentional? It means the content 'lasts longer'. ;)

• I get Network error as soon as I go near the portal, 2nd part of the new episode. If that does not happen I either get it during the loading screen after going into the portal instance or during the talking as soon as the loading is over. as soon as I get network error here, I get it while logging into my other char as well.

others in my guild says similar things. so it seems the whole part here with taimi's portal is bugged somehow.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

@Suraci.1642 said:
    guild wars 2 more like bug wars 2 ;d

you are new here? thats the name since release from the game.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same problem just happened during the "Elevator" portion of the new fractal.

• eduardo.1436eduardo.1436 Member ✭✭✭

keep getting DC everytime I load into the forearmed story, for the portal couldnt even see how blish lost his arm because it was bugged, had to enter and exit GH to make blish suddenly lose arm and open portal :disappointed:

• Is any of the game actually working? getting dc'd regardless of where I am or what i'm doing...

• These big bugs honestly don't bother me as much as the little ones.
    Like the way your minimap tends to pan away from what you want to view, even when you're manually moving it around.

• Sciurid.3472Sciurid.3472 Member ✭✭

Seems like the instance thread is crashing do to a memory leak or stack overflow or similar nonsense, my dudes and dudettes.

• Gorden.5483Gorden.5483 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Here's something I could gather. Not sure about all of it though, as it is hard to prove, but here it goes, I hope this is in any way helpful.
    When I had my disconnects I couldn't log back into my crashed character, so I tried another character, but login in also crashed the game. Afterwards going back to my original character worked again.
    Now with the last story instance disconnect I couldn't really reproduce that a third time instantly, but after a few tries it worked again. Not sure though if it is related to swapping my characters.

Also the character that got disconnected in the story instance now also gets disconnects outside of any story content. But I haven't tried any other character yet, so I don't know if it is specific to any of my characters.

Oh yeah and the error code I got is: Code=1083:5:7:1596:101

• kermq.6258kermq.6258 Member ✭✭

Cant load anymore even if switching toons on acount geting server eror then loopback to launcher

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

Both myself and the person I'm grouping with cannot progress past the portal loading screen. We tried together several times. After that cannot connect at all for several minutes.

Rinse repeat. Incidently I had started a movie for the youngster I'm babysitting and it has now finished which means I have too return to watching her. Should have been able to complete at the very least GETTING to the new map in an hour and a half right?

Wrong.

• The "Network Error" crash that boots you out of the game and prevents you from loading any maps on a character (seems to affect all characters for me, regardless of the map they're on) has occurred in Desert Highlands on the regular map, and also in the Deepstone Fractal instance. Like the person above, it also happened as the elevator was descending. The first time, I waited around 10-20 minutes before rebooting the game and was able to load maps again. We'll see if that works again! Hopefully the info is helpful.

• AgentMoore.9453AgentMoore.9453 Member ✭✭✭

The disconnections do not appear to be connected to player actions. I have been disconnected both in Amnoon and in Desert Highlands both in and outside of the story instances as well as both in and out of a party. To test, I sat on the character selection screen and was popped offline after about five minutes as if I were running around in-game.

The disconnections seem to occur at random, and swapping between characters has a similarly random chance of successfully logging in versus being completely kicked out of the client.

I'm inclined to believe that there is currently no 'trick' to getting this patch working correctly and that successes are random bouts of server stability. Also, this week I learned that the word lyssophobia is the fear of losing one's mind. Not related to the issue, but interesting to know.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

Also had the problems, though I had gotten as far as entering the portal for FiF.

Took 10+ minutes off to do something else, then tried to log in to another character (in Queensdale).

Network Error
    /snip/
    Code=1083:5:7:1596:101

So, it's more than it needing time to discover that you're no longer playing before it lets you try again.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• it is always the same. New episode, servers collaps.

And here I thought being on amazon's virtual servers would make it possible to deal with load in a flexible way.

I was wrong.

• Here's another detail. I wasn't even playing the story at all and I got the same dc like everyone else.

• @DreamySkullz.8203 said:

Maybe give some legit criticism instead of saying rude, unhelpful things like this?

Criticism for what? I am just another person to add into their quota, that their game is broken. Fact is some colleague of theirs was boasting about a mechanism to avoid these things and they are doing constant tests. As you can see here, it's all fairy tale.

• I haven't even started the new story yet. I was able to get back for a little while after being kicked and switched characters to go map clear in Fields of Ruin only to be kicked again and not let back in. I'm just going to wait for now.

• It affects WWW mode - extremely annoying as you have to play a while to get rewards there so each time I got to tier 6 participation I can start all over from 0 again!!!

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

The Episode was delayed to fix issues, the issues persist,

That's the point wich upset me too. First when i read that it take more time to deliver everything on a better quality i thought ANet learned from the past few LS releases. But for me it dosen't seems so.

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

When we (a group of 5) did go into "forearmed" the first time and one player made damage to the awakened (or what it was) then the instance crashed for all of us and we all could not connect for a minute (or so).

After we could connect again we were disconnected again right after we opened the instance again.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• I tried to connect again. I could tell that the game had loaded the instance, but then immediately lost connection.
    It seems my character had fallen through the floor or something, because all I could see was broken geometry.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I will only say one thing, surely season 1 could not be re-done, but she was without serious bugs in contrary of all instances since PoF... Extensions became worst than the core game. I love core tyria, the best part of the game with the greatest amount of content and with a SERIOUS involvment: Queen jubilee, fouth wind festival, SAB, dungeons why breaking their legs? SAB make an awesome start and now you just shut down any thread about it... Instead of creating new maps for each episode, why not bring back giant meta events in core tyria like during scarlet? Less cost, and you can re-use old assets. Would like to see aetherblades and clockwork minions again.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    it is always the same. New episode, servers collaps.

And here I thought being on amazon's virtual servers would make it possible to deal with load in a flexible way.

I was wrong.

Yeah, you and Arena Net. This has been a consistent issue since they moved to Amazon.

• @ReaverKane.7598 said:

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    it is always the same. New episode, servers collaps.

I was wrong.

Yeah, you and Arena Net. This has been a consistent issue since they moved to Amazon.

Then perhaps they are too conservative about increasing the number of servers during high load.

• Bowdon.1948Bowdon.1948 Member ✭✭

I was just doing map work and got the notification that a new build was ready. So logged off, updated the game, tried to login and got the network error others have got.

• ProfBits.3716ProfBits.3716 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I can not relog with my charakter after the Game lost connection.
    GW2 trow me out wehen Timi wanted to mark the portal location in Desert Higlands I was standing on my raptor in the entrance way to the tomb. When I try to relogg with the same charakter I see the worng loadingscreen - Crystal Oasis and not as expected Desert Higlands - and get the Message:
    Check your Internetconnection and try again in a few minutes (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101) (translated form german by me)

Edid:
    Logging in with another carakter and then logging in with the bugged one seems to fix the problem for me.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.