Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• Zaron.1987Zaron.1987 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Its Very broken.
    Cant Connect to Server

• Secret.5127Secret.5127 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

as much as i am angry like you guys, we have to admit that major update in almost every game have a problem on release date, and guild wars 2 updates usually have problem, so this is a possibility that got to be expected, beside being angry and ranting non informative contents will not solve the problem any faster, so let's just calm down and hope anet release patch soon

• Actually the game crash at random in every map or situation, seems an instability with all the servers

• JokerM.6021JokerM.6021 Member ✭✭

5 months of development for this nonsense! Is this a sick joke?

• @Secret.5127 said:
    as much as i am angry like you guys, we have to admit that major update in almost every game have a problem on release date, and guild wars 2 updates usually have problem, so this is a possibility that got to be expected, beside being angry and ranting non informative contents will not solve the problem any faster, so let's just calm down and hope anet release patch soon

I was there at the WoD launch. It was probably worse.

• Ah ah ah ah ah :D

ArenaNet Forum Chat for June: This month's forum conversation about Episode 3 invites member questions and comments from Thursday morning (6/28) through Monday afternoon (7/02) Pacific Time. Devs will be responding through about July 13. Join the special June 2018 AFC Subforum to take part. More info here.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can't even log in now. Goes straight to white screen and network error. Tried to get to LA earlier but no luck either.

• Fury.6281Fury.6281 Member ✭✭

I just crashed in 2nd instance after using the special action key to "cloak" with the arm.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Yeah on the EN wiki with have cool information about the map like areas!

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Even with it finally acknowledging I'm in Desert Highland, it keeps wanting to start me at the starter waypoint of Desert Highland.

• bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not only in PvE, also on the ranked/unranked PvP server and in the mists we all had lags and dcs too

"playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

• what's next, servers are gonna move from amazon to ebay? -.-

• every time i've attempted to go in with or without anyone its that god darn arm of blishs......when picked up it crashes

• If you have issues with logging with the rest of your characters, quit GW2 completely and wait for about 5 minutes. Then relog, and to stay on the safe side, pick another character you didn't use to enter instance with. It should load now. Then you can log out to character select and relog to your main.

I've managed to get into the Kourna story instance for about 5 seconds. It then disconnected me. Didn't note down the error code, though.....

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

Well, just got hit with the connection bug too. Game begins lagging considerably (up to 3.5k spikes at times), then I get disconnected. Any attempt to reconnect results in a "Network error" that starts with 1038.

To be honest, ANet, I'm certain that these problems are all stemming from Amazon's servers. You've been having all sorts of lag and connection issues ever since PoF launch (which is also when you switched over the majority of your servers to Amazon). I appreciate that your hands may be tied if you're locked into some sort of contract, but please, for the love of skritt, do NOT renew your contract with them again. Their service is TERRIBLE, and it's frankly driving away players.

• Blaeys.3102Blaeys.3102 Member ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the disconnect bug is hitting every single player. No one from my friend or guild list has made it into the second instance for more than a few seconds and none have made it to the new map.

• Archranis.2375Archranis.2375 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

@Zaxares.5419 said:
    To be honest, ANet, I'm certain that these problems are all stemming from Amazon's servers. You've been having all sorts of lag and connection issues ever since PoF launch (which is also when you switched over the majority of your servers to Amazon). I appreciate that your hands may be tied if you're locked into some sort of contract, but please, for the love of skritt, do NOT renew your contract with them again. Their service is TERRIBLE, and it's frankly driving away players.

You may be right. Ever since this was done several people in my guild have been getting multiple d/c every single night. No sign of this before the switch.

But if there is adequate stress testing done prior to release, wouldn't that be adequate to cover the issue? It's probably a more complex problem, maybe several things going on all at once.

• Aeonaxx.4936Aeonaxx.4936 Member ✭✭

Crashed upon starting forearm instance at loading screen. Eventually got back in and restarted, made it to using stealth skill and crashed again.

• @Doireann Devir.6984 said:
    Even with it finally acknowledging I'm in Desert Highland, it keeps wanting to start me at the starter waypoint of Desert Highland.

it throws me to another wp too XD , no way I will spend all my silver to waypointing to the closest wp for the story lol.

• pareth.3847pareth.3847 Member ✭✭

The character I wanted to use isn't even in any of the PoF regions. I am told to check my internet connection.... I guess if my internet didn't work, I couldn't have patched the game or written in the forum.

https://ibb.co/gbEzfT

• Cute But Psychotic.3106Cute But Psychotic.3106 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I had just gotten to the portal part of the episode right outside of Primeval Kings and got a connection error. So I relogged back into game and it gave me a network connection error and it seems that went for chars that werent doing the episode either, because I couldnt log any of my chars back in. I then figured I'd go to my 2nd acct and not do the episode till that got fixed. While doing dailies in verdant to Queensdale the game gave me a network connection error and now I can't get back in on either acct :)..So I guess Netflix or something is calling my name till this gets fixed :)

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Small question, what's better to do? Continue trying to get into Forearmed is Forewarned or giving up and waiting for an official fix?

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    I will only say one thing, surely season 1 could not be re-done, but she was without serious bugs in contrary of all instances

Most of season 1 was not in instances, but open-world. And there were also a lot of bug at that time.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• @FastKat.2478 said:
    what's next, servers are gonna move from amazon to ebay? -.-

To provide a more serious answer, they could move to Microsoft Azure.

• Tiny Doom.4380Tiny Doom.4380 Member ✭✭✭

I just want to do my dailies!

• FtoPScrub.5476FtoPScrub.5476 Member ✭✭✭

Bring back the old servers :'(

• I just downloaded the update and started the new story, before the first interaction with Taimi even finishing talking to me over comm my game crashed. It gave me a retry after a few minutes message. I shut down the whole client and tried to restart it, it lets me get to the character select screen and after clicking on my main character on the loading screen my game crashes again with a 'Check your network connection error' I closed the whole client again, and again made it to the character select screen, this time I tried clicking on a different character in a different map and again it gave me the 'network error'.

• @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Small question, what's better to do? Continue trying to get into Forearmed is Forewarned or giving up and waiting for an official fix?

i've attempted 50 times in the last hour....i garentee you sure wait for the hot fix :S im watching for yellow writing in game for hot fix

• Neutra.6857Neutra.6857 Member ✭✭✭

Code 1083:5:7:1596:101 can't get passed character select

• Kiza.5630Kiza.5630 Member ✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:

I'll just wait for a fix now. But maybe it'll work later in the evening when less ppl are trying. Though it's impossible to tell without knowing what the problem is.

• got animation loop on 2nd part after talking to ghost peoples and disconnected when entering portal which then kicked me from game with a network issue even though its not my side cause i was on TS3 with guildies.

• I DC'd during the voice in deepstone

• They found a solution guys! We play in USA 200 ping servers!

• Kersya.3145Kersya.3145 Member ✭✭

Forearmed is Forwarned Quest - Kicked us out of the game completely while the map loaded ....
    Now i can't log in with that character at all anymore.

• I switched to Guild Wars 1 and it works perfectly :D

• crash on all characters cant even level an alt

• @Kersya.3145 said:
    Forearmed is Forwarned Quest - Kicked us out of the game completely while the map loaded ....
    Now i can't log in with that character at all anymore.

for me its even worse cant log any character even characters not in the zone are getting booted

• I figured out a workaround.
    Go to the mystic forge.
    Place Eternity, Sunrise, Twilight, and a mystic forge stone into the mystic forge.
    You will be given "Key to Not Crashing" and you can now complete the new story and get your new mount!

• Same error code, but not about the LW.
    I would left Bloodtide Coast to get in Gendarren Fields.
    Now, my character are blocked in load...

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same error code, but the fractal.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

• Sign in network error......it AINT on my end! Nice patch.

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

could not connect so i watched soccer. now i could open 8 chests and now again i can not login. so i'm going back and watch soccer again.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• Kreony.6240Kreony.6240 Member ✭✭

by tomb of primeval kings. when i try to get in the instance (portal made by blish) just gote:
    InstanceCreation failed. Error=42; Product=9; Module=5; Line= 2196

Hope it helps.
    if not .....

• The client lost its connection to the server (code=7:11:3:191:101)
    (code=1083:5:7:1596:101)
    got into portal after talking to tami but but crashed shortly after
    now cant get back in to game at all with any of my toons and when it does log in the toon that i was doing story on it brings me back to the main waypoint in desert highlands

• Sylosis.7125Sylosis.7125 Member ✭✭

Nice patch locked me out of all chars, oh well no guild wars 2 tonight it seems, warn everyone to stay away from the LS or they wont be able to do anything and be stuck in a network error mode.

• Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

After trying to get into Forearmed is Forewarned I can no longer get into any of my accounts characters, I got a Network Error.

I logged into my alt account and then could log back into my main account's characters, it might have been that logging into my alt account "freed up" something or it may just have been a time out.

Either way, it's a bust at the moment.

• I can log in but I cannot get any further than character select. I tried different computers because other accounts here have no issues. The only difference between us is that I started the story LW4 episode 3 and they didn't. Anyway, I can't play and regret starting the story. Of course it keeps saying it is a network error on my side while it is 99% of the time your side that is the problem, so that is kind of annoying. It would be nice if you could change that message to an accurate one.

• Once I manage to get online and go through the portal at tomb of primeval kings I either get kicked during the loading screen or a few seconds later.
    Code=7:11:3:191:101

• Rodzynald.5897Rodzynald.5897 Member ✭✭✭

Alrighty, time to be useful. My network error code is: (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)

Casual friendly and quality pvp - these two do not work well together.

• I also have the same the client lost its connection to the server error, after i enter the portal. And after that i can't log in into any of my characters. Hope it will be worked out soon.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.