Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 9 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

1679111221

Comments

  • Last two attempts to get into instance is putting me back in Lion's Arch instead of the instance.... guess release day is a bust.

  • Been a few hours since we heard anything, could we have an update please?

  • I am able to get to the character screen, but when I try to go in game with any character, I get a network connection error.

  • anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭✭

    Servers are on fire

  • DNT.7452DNT.7452 Member

    The first time I tried episode 3, there were still files to load but I logged and moved on with the new story anyway. However, it crashed at the beginning of the cinematic with the plague ship. Second time, I first waited for all files to download, then tried again. This time cinematic played correctly and I moved to the next step. One comment here in case team has not noticed: camera collisions inside Faren's ship did not work - camera kept moving outside the walls. Nice touch with the Joko statue dialog though :)
    Later, I moved to the tomb of primeval kings. Got through the dialog with the queens by simply approaching and waiting, then got to where Taimi was, Blish made his portal, then I tried to enter together with a friend in party. I got to the destination for about 40 seconds while my friend was still loading, then got kicked out. After that I could not log again with any character. I tried a free to play account which worked fine, then logged out of that and re-logged my normal account which now succeeded in logging me in, but after a short time waiting at the tomb portal I was kicked out again.
    I don't know if this helps, hope it does :)

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I haven't tried the story in over 3 hours, but now it won't even let me into LA. I can no longer play ANYTHING.

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Anjo.3170 said:
    "[ARENA NET] Rubi Bayer.8493 posted on 2018-05-29 17:15:31:
    A message from Mike Zadorojny:
    Hi everyone,
    The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.
    Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.
    We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!"

    Hey Mike, you may want to go back to the drawing board because the "quality bar" and "quality standards" you set for yourselves seems to be very low.

    The quality seems high but its irrelevant since we can't actually PLAY IT

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • @Blocki.4931 said:
    Well, all I can say is that it doesn't surprise me when tens of thousands of people try to open the same instance simultaneously. I'll take a nap and dive right in over night :D

    That's exactly why multiple servers do exist. Failing to predict critical load capacity of a server for 6-years old game is... Surprising.

  • First time I can't event try get into instance:

    InstanceCreate failed. Error=1036; Product=9; Module=18; Line=624

  • Omega Squad.1492Omega Squad.1492 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

    Posting my experience here, the first time, i did it to the portal instance, but the game just dced and took me like 4 times to enter the game on any toon, but that changed, now the instance loading screen shifts into the LA one and im being teleported there.

  • This is honestly just what I've come to expect from the game over the years. To busy making the next gem store update.

  • Yeah, I guess that is probably true. Guess I will wait a day or two.

  • tippolit.3591tippolit.3591 Member ✭✭✭

    same issue .. this is getting highly frustrating

  • I just finished the first instance of the new Living Story, and got kicked out right at the part where you get your reward chest.

    Now I can't long back into my warrior without getting a white network error after the initial Crystal Oasis loading screen. However, I can long onto my other characters just fine. Is this happening to anyone else?

    I'm worried that my warrior may be in a permanent purgatory.

  • I just received this error while trying to enter Forearmed is Forewarned: 'InstanceCreate failed. Error=1036; Product=9; Module 18; Line=624

  • Just trying to log back in after a crash from instance and am getting Network Error Code 1083:5:7:1596:101. This has been happening as i try relog after crash when trying to pick up Bish's arm at zone into the new instance at the tomb of primeval kings and get the crash. A couple retries usually drops me back at starting WP in desert highlands, I take the northern WP closest to Primeval Kings and fly over and start the sequence all over again in hopes of getting it to work. What other info is usefull?

  • Yitsul.8342Yitsul.8342 Member ✭✭

    The portal is malfunctioning for me. When I try to enter Forearmed and Forwarned it will load for a while then take me to Lion's Arch instead.

  • LONG LIVE THE GLITCH! ... I guess ... :/

  • load time for Forearmed is Forewarned is extremely long compared to any other load time, as of late after about 3 minutes load window on instance it switches to Lions Arch loading screen and drops me at the start point for LA now. Note there are about 60 or so people standing at tomb of primeval kings and another 20 or so at the drop point in LA so seems like this is repeat issue

  • skeeman.3140skeeman.3140 Member ✭✭

    @Stuperstrong.5417 said:
    This is honestly just what I've come to expect from the game over the years. To busy making the next gem store update.

    Yeah, if only that guy who created the 3D model for that new outfit was working on the netcode instead. Great logic there.

  • lex.6934lex.6934 Member

    ok just trying to help solve the problem.
    In case u don't know some details that's my "story". the game keep crashing if you try to do anything with the new story. Playing with another character or do something else works just fine (at least everything I tried). In the checkpoints of the story where you have to reach before the 2nd story Instance "Forearmed Is Forewarned" like going to taimi at port ,to the ghosts or to taimi outside the tomb, might or might not trigger the dialog of the story and even if the dialog start, when is over, the step will not go to the next step. After a few re-logs it might trigger to the next phase. Now about the instance "Forearmed Is Forewarned" (if you make it there) i was able to get in once. i try to move with the arm but got disconnected after 2-3 mins. As for the other times that i try to get inside the instance the game just put me to the character selection screen or to the entrance to LA from Gendarran Fields.
    Happy fixing.

  • I want to get into the fun but this crash it not gonna happen any time soon. My interest it going away.

  • @Blindsight.2903 said:
    Just trying to log back in after a crash from instance and am getting Network Error Code 1083:5:7:1596:101.

    This is the same error code I keep getting. I've gotten a crash from running around core Tyria maps, so it's not just related to the new content or story steps. I don't know if waiting has anything to do with fixing it, since waiting 10-20 minutes worked before, but now waiting even a few hours didn't fix it. Doesn't seem to matter which character I load into, either.

  • and now I got InstanceCreate Failed Error 1036 Product 9 Modul 18 Line 624

    that's a new one....

  • Ewon.5903Ewon.5903 Member ✭✭

    Does this mean no one can access the new map yet?

  • Gwaihir.1745Gwaihir.1745 Member ✭✭✭

    The first story missions is still disconnecting.

    Shield of Wrath: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 36 seconds to 35 seconds.

    Quality balance changes^TM

  • Waiting...

  • @Ewon.5903 said:
    Does this mean no one can access the new map yet?

    Correct.

  • @Ewon.5903 said:
    Does this mean no one can access the new map yet?

    Yup. You have to get through instance 2 to have access. No one can.

  • so basically, you locked it down, because you once again did not rent enough server space and now are hoping for enough people to go away?

    Btw, 'late afternoon' is 17h from now for many players...

  • Blaeys.3102Blaeys.3102 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey there,

    We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

    In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

    Thank you for all of your efforts.

    Just to clarify, is the disconnection issue one you think will be addressed this afternoon/evening, or is that beyond the scope of the planned fixes for today? Just asking because it seems a little ambiguous based on your note above. Reality is a lot of people are probably waiting for the disconnect bugs specifically to be fixed more than anything (because it is the thing keeping us from getting to the new map/mount collection/etc). If it looks like that will be tomorrow, it would be nice to know just so we can plan the evening accordingly.

    Again, thank you so much for the updates. Many of us do understand these things happen and do take time to fix.

  • DBZVelena.5186DBZVelena.5186 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey there,

    We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

    In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

    Except its redirecting to Lions Arch instead?

    The Splinter Warband [SWB] is looking for both new and experienced roleplayers to join our ranks.
    Medium-heavy Charr RP guild with a focus on special operations.
    PM if you're interested!
    Signed: Alexa SplinterSteel.

  • frayon.3984frayon.3984 Member ✭✭

    err I was just disconnected from the high lands. I tried getting back in and poof disconnected. Tried twice now and can't get back in even got disconnected from the character select screen. I checked my computer and my modem, it's fine...

    I will continue to try just giving an update.

  • Yuyuske.7182Yuyuske.7182 Member ✭✭✭

    I can't log in on any character, even ones not in the Desert Highlands. I get to character select, then when I pick one:

    "Network error. Please check your Internet connection and try again. (Code = 1083:5:7:1596:101)"

  • ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey there,
    w
    We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

    In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Dwesert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

    So, tomorrow for the people in Europe...
    So glad i took a day off to play the new episode and try out the new mount!

  • Feothyr.6072Feothyr.6072 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

    @Yuyuske.7182 said:
    I can't log in on any character, even ones not in the Desert Highlands. I get to character select, then when I pick one:

    "Network error. Please check your Internet connection and try again. (Code = 1083:5:7:1596:101)"

    Give it some time before you restart the game - like 3 or 4 minutes. You should be able to log back in normally.

    --

    I'm reeeeeally trying to be patient but it's getting increasingly difficult. I've spent the last 17 days waiting for a response from support and it finally came yesterday - just in time for today's new episode. Or so I thought ... *sigh

    Guess I might as well use the time to do the dishes and some other chores. These connectivity issues really have a bad influence on my procrastination ... :/

  • i hope ppl don't blame anet for this, at least they are trying to add content into the game. but I would recommend the management to be more liberal with the deadline and launch time if it can allow for a smoother launch, it not like this is an expansion or something and anet need to launch it on X date to get in the financial report. less stressful for both the developer and player.

    don't overwork yourself.

  • Isanox.3498Isanox.3498 Member ✭✭

    @Anjo.3170 said:
    "[ARENA NET] Rubi Bayer.8493 posted on 2018-05-29 17:15:31:
    A message from Mike Zadorojny:
    Hi everyone,
    The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.
    Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.
    We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!"

    Hey Mike, you may want to go back to the drawing board because the "quality bar" and "quality standards" you set for yourselves seems to be very low.

    Apparently, my definition of quality is different than Anets.
    It's amazing really. Anet got such huge good press and an influx of people from PoF, but between greedy mount skins and day-long outages like this, they are just shooting themselves in the foot.
    They have no one to blame but themselves. You may want to think about bringing someone new to do quality control. Just sayin.

  • ok first time i got an error code
    InstanceCreate Failed. Error=1036; Product=9; Module=18; Line=624

  • @lagrangewei.8516 said:
    i hope ppl don't blame anet for this, at least they are trying to add content into the game. but I would recommend the management to be more liberal with the deadline and launch time if it can allow for a smoother launch, it not like this is an expansion or something and anet need to launch it on X date to get in the financial report. less stressful for both the developer and player.

    don't overwork yourself.

    I would recommend to look at their servers.

    Because seriously, lots of gemstore stuff and even secondary and tertiary patchnotes for gemstore stuff, but the game not working - that is just bad PR.

  • I was told of this bug and instead tried to go to the Desolation (specifically Sand Jackal Run WP) to do some other things in the meantime. The game crashed as I tried to load in, and now I receive a network error every time I try to load back in on this character (in her previous map, the Grove). I hadn't even started the story yet, but was going to turn in items to Scholar Elisa. I'm assuming all PoF maps are broken at this point, and I'm upset that I can't log back into my main to do other content while the story is bugged.

  • Sammej.6452Sammej.6452 Member ✭✭

    @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    So, tomorrow for the people in Europe...
    So glad i took a day off to play the new episode and try out the new mount!

    LOOOL True.

  • @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    so basically, you locked it down, because you once again did not rent enough server space and now are hoping for enough people to go away?

    Btw, 'late afternoon' is 17h from now for many players...

    She means their late afternoon, as in the timezone they are in. In which late afternoon is only a couple of hours from now.

  • Feothyr.6072Feothyr.6072 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Because seriously, lots of gemstore stuff and even secondary and tertiary patchnotes for gemstore stuff, but the game not working - that is just bad PR.

    I don't see why this should be bad PR. Gaile posting gemstore updates has absolutely no influence on the connectivity issues or any bugs, as fixing any of these issues isn't part of her job. It's not like they're wasting any resources which could've otherwise gone into fixing things.

    We just gotta be patient even if it's annoying. The devs are working on it and they're gonna fix it asap. That's what they always do. They got this.

  • EugenioGar.9160EugenioGar.9160 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

    @Nox.4830 said:
    Welp, I was opening black lion chests while waiting for a friend to connect and was super surprised to see a Glyph of the Scavenger pop into my inventory. We go into the story, disconnect, finally come back in and my new shiny Glyph is gone with my original keys back in my inventory. I want my Glyphie back! :(

    Seems like a minor server rollback related with the connectivity issues. Kind of happened to me too by doing map completion in Sandswept Isles, got a PoI and a Heart done, disconnect pops up and character is back in Desert Highlands at selection screen. Progress done and any items obtained reverted back.

  • I know it's disappointing folks but these things happen. Use this opportunity to go outside and exercise or spend time with loved ones and don't overreact to a game's technical issues. Besides, anybody that has played mmos knows better than to expect perfect patch days. If you take time off work that's on your bad.

  • I was gathering in Ember Bay when I got DC'd a few minutes ago. Logging back in, apparently I got rolled back to Bitterfrost Frontier. I was there about 10 minutes earlier. But that didn't load in completely, and I got the Code =1083 etc. error.
    At no point today was I trying to access any LW S4 content. So, yeah, I'll try to play GW2 again tomorrow. Ain't happening today.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.