ep 4.3 bug. Forearmed is forewarned is broken - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

ep 4.3 bug. Forearmed is forewarned is broken

124

Comments

  • Interesting, InstanceCreate failed Error: 1042, Haven't seen that one yet.

  • Conqueror.3682Conqueror.3682 Member ✭✭✭

    i got this now

    InstanceCreate failed. Error= 1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687

    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

  • Ojimaru.8970Ojimaru.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Currently getting the following error:

    InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687

    "Thief? How rude! I'm a Procurement Specialist." -Glenn Gynnafante

  • Xenorak.2154Xenorak.2154 Member ✭✭

    I think if you abandon/quit the LS episode, and go through the portal you can at least get to the new map

  • Xenorak.2154Xenorak.2154 Member ✭✭

    It worked for me at least

  • thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    I managed to actually get into Forewarned for a bit, and complete enough of it and play long enough to get the Decimation achieve. (I won't spoil anything) I'm currently showing as the only one on gw2efficiency with it, so I must have been the luckiest player. Until it disconnected. Now I can't get back on, same errors as those above. But something was working for a while.

  • Was able to finish the instance, but wasn't able to leave it. Relogging kicked me back to the tombs and now I can't enter again. ZZZZ

  • Kos Luftar.9214Kos Luftar.9214 Member
    edited June 27, 2018

    @Kos Luftar.9214 said:
    Keep crashing in first mission "Siezed" right after a character says "...perfect specimen slash pet." Then I cannot load into that character until I load into another that doesn't have living world active. Tried twice crashed twice...time to try a third time.

    Third time...can't load any character.

    Added "- repair" to launcher, took 5-10min to repair but was able to finish first instance, without any crashing.

    Update: Have been able to load into Forearmed is Forwarned...hope it won't crash.

  • Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They'll get to it around the same time they stop treating their consumers like cash cows

  • Yureii.4236Yureii.4236 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    I just cleared the instance 'Forarmed and Forwarned' by partying up and duoing it with my fiance, we didn't dc!
    Edit: I am unable to go to Kourna... :x
    Edit2: I had to use a TP To Friend to get in as no waypoints were unlocked... lol

  • Spurnshadow.3678Spurnshadow.3678 Member ✭✭✭

    Downloaded latest patch that is supposed to fix this issue. Still broken. can't enter instance, and neither can most others who are standing around.

  • Was able to complete forarmed and forwarned and got to Tactical Triage but can't leave instance via the green star or the exit icon. I get Code 19:9:13:1599:101

  • Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

  • Nep Leet.5491Nep Leet.5491 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    It seems that there's only... one... instance of Domain of Kourna available? IP 59. Zone is full so no one else is able to WP there or zone out after they've finished the Forearmed is Forewarned instance.

  • @Ski Feasa.6312 said:
    Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

    However, despite this I do want to thank the devs for working on this and for all the hard work they have been putting in trying to get all the bugs that have popped up taken care. I know its a lot. So much appreciated. Here's to hoping everything will be smoothed over soon and we can all get back to enjoying the new episode. =)

  • Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ski Feasa.6312 said:

    @Ski Feasa.6312 said:
    Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

    However, despite this I do want to thank the devs for working on this and for all the hard work they have been putting in trying to get all the bugs that have popped up taken care. I know its a lot. So much appreciated. Here's to hoping everything will be smoothed over soon and we can all get back to enjoying the new episode. =)

    Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

  • @Egorum.9506 said:

    @Ski Feasa.6312 said:

    @Ski Feasa.6312 said:
    Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

    However, despite this I do want to thank the devs for working on this and for all the hard work they have been putting in trying to get all the bugs that have popped up taken care. I know its a lot. So much appreciated. Here's to hoping everything will be smoothed over soon and we can all get back to enjoying the new episode. =)

    Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

    You know, software gets released that has discovered bugs after release all the time. Find me a single game that don't have problems. They don't exist.

    So stop acting like this is some kind of incompetence. Unless you can find me a single piece of software ever that has never had bugs.

  • I used repair client and it seemed to work, but I ended up dc-ing anyway. Got this error code 7:11:3:191:101

  • Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Morfedel.4165 said:

    @Egorum.9506 said:

    @Ski Feasa.6312 said:

    @Ski Feasa.6312 said:
    Still unable to access the instance. Keep getting "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687" - and if I log out and attempt to log back in I get "Network Error. Please check your internet connection and try again." etc.

    However, despite this I do want to thank the devs for working on this and for all the hard work they have been putting in trying to get all the bugs that have popped up taken care. I know its a lot. So much appreciated. Here's to hoping everything will be smoothed over soon and we can all get back to enjoying the new episode. =)

    Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

    You know, software gets released that has discovered bugs after release all the time. Find me a single game that don't have problems. They don't exist.

    So stop acting like this is some kind of incompetence. Unless you can find me a single piece of software ever that has never had bugs.

    To take an extra month, then still have the content completely inaccessable? Every game has problems, but none are this bad. Other games you can at least access the some of the content. Other games don't continue to push forward with a glitch that bugs people out so badly they can't even access the game without rebooting.

    As a consumer, you should look into aquiring some standards for the companies you patronize.

  • Kelly.7019Kelly.7019 Member ✭✭✭

    I got through the Forearmed Forwarned story step finally. on next to Tactical Triage. New map seems a little small, but i assume we can't see all of it yet :D

  • got part way through Forearmed Is Forewarned to the second part and then i got a server error that kicked me out

  • Error Code = 19:9:1B:1599:101 is what happens to me. I can't leave the instance either by zoning out or normal teleport methods. I have to Alt-F4 to get out of the map I'm stuck in, and I don't get ported to the new map after completing that new chapter.

  • Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    I think I'm gonna hold off on doing anything story related until it is for sure fixed. Rather not risk getting a character stuck.

  • @Egorum.9506 said:
    Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

    @Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games

  • Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

    Inserting Very Clever Asuran insults into this prehistoric human box looking thing.

  • Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DragoBlack.2657 said:

    @Egorum.9506 said:
    Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

    @Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games

    It's not free. You have to buy PoF to access it.

    Yes, this stuff isn't easy which is why we pay $30 for mount skins so they can, presumably, pay people who know what they are doing.

  • Aeroica.2165Aeroica.2165 Member ✭✭

    @Kos Luftar.9214 said:

    @Kos Luftar.9214 said:
    Keep crashing in first mission "Siezed" right after a character says "...perfect specimen slash pet." Then I cannot load into that character until I load into another that doesn't have living world active. Tried twice crashed twice...time to try a third time.

    Third time...can't load any character.

    Added "- repair" to launcher, took 5-10min to repair but was able to finish first instance, without any crashing.

    Update: Have been able to load into Forearmed is Forwarned...hope it won't crash.

    Can you go into more detail about using the IPconfig?

  • DaleYYC.8395DaleYYC.8395 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    @Substance E.4852 said:
    It's not free. You have to buy PoF to access it.

    Yes, this stuff isn't easy which is why we pay $30 for mount skins so they can, presumably, pay people who know what they are doing.

    Exactly. If it was free, there would be no money to pay for servers, upkeep and development.

    And to the person above who was saying that we "should be happy that ……" ummm no, people should feel how they themselves legitimately feel, which includes being annoyed and/or pissed off or not caring at all about the bad release of this content.

  • Killjoy.9213Killjoy.9213 Member ✭✭

    Oh by the fire of Balthazar! will you folks stop whining'? first y'all complain that they take a few extra weeks to buff this . THIS is why they had been taking the extra time.

    Though, I personally think the devs had been more entertained with roller beetle racing each other...

  • Laureh.2097Laureh.2097 Member ✭✭

    I got into Forearmed is Forewarned but it stuck at 6/8 siege killed when I finally re-logged after over 2 hours trying to finish it, I was set to the last step talk to Tami but I cant't talk to here and all the text in Forearmed is Forewarned is greyed out in my story journal. I can't complete the story or go back and redo it. What now? Everyone else is working on the mount already.

  • Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DragoBlack.2657 said:

    @Egorum.9506 said:
    Dude, don't thank them. They pushed back launch for a month, then still kitten up even entering the zone or making sure there is more than one instance so players can get in. Do you thank any other business, partner, or friend if they kitten up this badly?

    @Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games

    That's why they took an extra month, to make sure this goes through with minimal hiccups. Completely locking players out of the game is not a minor hiccup.

    You don't applaud McDonald's when they accidentally put wrappers in the fryer and tell you they're fries.

  • Kelly.7019Kelly.7019 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    noooooo dc'd again further along in story noooooo :disappointed: got dis error message : https://imgur.com/peSTyAn I forget what the name of it is. It's the first instanced story in the new map area. completed the defense and then explosion in story and my game crashed. lol Massive explosion i guess, took the game down.
    Now i'm getting new network error message. :/
    back to this error message when | logging into game > character select screen > Kourna loading screen > error message https://imgur.com/7NZlzIR Repeat. Completely locked out of game on that toon. :(:(:(

  • I'm in the new map now and messing around. I'm almost positive it was the HUGE influx of people all trying to load it at once that broke things for a while.

  • Just an update; after using the client repair (and dc-ing twice) I was FINALLY able to complete the second LS chapter and I am now in Kourna

  • Chichimec.9364Chichimec.9364 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    Just after the 12 am GMT clock reset I started getting some bad freezing and stuttering while trying to do the daily bounty in Vabbi. That often happens to me after a new update so I just kept plugging away at it and was able to finish all the PVE dailies. About 5:30 am GMT, with the second update downloaded, I tried the new LS story for the first time. No problems with "Seized" - got through it all without any glitches. Got into "Forewarned is Forearmed" just fine, managed to kill the baddies and had just jumped up to the new Mastery Point when - BOOM! - I got disconnected, without being able to actually claim it. :(

    Just to check, I was able to restart that segment but I didn't feel like running through the whole thing again right then so don't know if I would have gotten dc'd a second time. As a further check, I was able to log into another character and was able to do stuff on other maps. So yes, as of early this morning I still got disconnected at a key point but at least I wasn't completely locked out of my account like others had been. So I guess that's some progress. :(

    P.S. Hate to say it but this mess kinda reminds of that swimming infusion treasure chest snafu. A shiny new thing is unveiled and looks great but then it gets so bogged down with bugs that it's actually unplayable. Sigh.

  • Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It would be in good taste, after game is fixed, if you sent every customer a gift in-game. An outfit, 5 BL keys or something like this.

  • NaramSin.2693NaramSin.2693 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm really happy for you if you can play for free this LS, but actually I did payed for POF

    @Egorum.9506 coding and creating content is not cheap or easy even with many people working on it. coding and creating games takes a very very long time and a lot of people doing their part, there will always be bugs at the start and CGI animation isn't that simple or easy either there are always glitches stretching the frames and stuff happening when making a 3d model move, so the fact we are not being charged extra for the gameplay you should be happy we get such an amazing game that isn't paid to play or subscription like WoW and many other games

  • Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

    i could play the mission today. but its long, very long and i'm glad i had no DC and the end :-)

    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

  • Doghouse.1562Doghouse.1562 Member ✭✭✭

    @DawnSketch.7105 said:
    I'm in the new map now and messing around. I'm almost positive it was the HUGE influx of people all trying to load it at once that broke things for a while.

    Yup. Forget bugs; load has to be THE main cause.

    When new content drops, there's simply no point in trying to play on Patch Day Evening. Hope usually triumphs over experience, and I almost always try anyway; so far (which is to say, every content update since launch) I've always ended up finding something else to do instead.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is it fixed yet? I dont want to risk a dc and im trying to avoid looking at too much of the forums beyond this theead to get the answer for fear of spoilers

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Abelisk.4527Abelisk.4527 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    Is it fixed yet? I dont want to risk a dc and im trying to avoid looking at too much of the forums beyond this theead to get the answer for fear of spoilers

    The instance itself doesn't DC, even when you die/respawn. The major issues players were having were:

    • entering the instance/Kourna
    • leaving the instance

    This may be because the game was loading corrupt Kourna maps that couldn't load, since the instance is also based in the new Kourna map.

    However, I was able to teleport into Kourna/use the waypoints so I believe the issue has resolved.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Abelisk.4527 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    Is it fixed yet? I dont want to risk a dc and im trying to avoid looking at too much of the forums beyond this theead to get the answer for fear of spoilers

    The instance itself doesn't DC, even when you die/respawn. The major issues players were having were:

    • entering the instance/Kourna
    • leaving the instance

    This may be because the game was loading corrupt Kourna maps that couldn't load, since the instance is also based in the new Kourna map.

    However, I was able to teleport into Kourna/use the waypoints so I believe the issue has resolved.

    So chances are good I can safely do the forewarned instance?

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Was having all the reported issues last night.. random DC's and network problems so I quit for the night, went to bed and tried again this morning.

    Downloaded the new patches but if anything the game is even worse now..
    Now I can't log into the game at all on any characters.. Gw2 is completely unplayable for me.. I can only get as far as the character select menu before being kicked from the game.

  • Can we get a patch please? Seriously, i've been disconnecting every 5 minutes

  • Thanks for all the hard work! Can't wait to see what Joko has in store! Sorry the scarab plague has infested the game client! (Be patient y'all. And be nice. There are human beings on the other end, working on things. Don't be a jerk.)

  • My glitch is one I haven't seen here so far.

    I got into the instance fine. Got all the way up to the very end. The "portal site" was secured, but the army didn't complete readiness and Awakened starting spawning at the portal site infinitely as far as I can tell.

    Then I wound up getting DCed, and when I signed back in, I was in Kourna... but I can no longer advance the story (because it's telling me to go to a story point I can't access). As I hate stealth missions, I will sooner sit out this entire episode than restart the whole kitten thing.

  • @Doghouse.1562 said:

    @DawnSketch.7105 said:
    I'm in the new map now and messing around. I'm almost positive it was the HUGE influx of people all trying to load it at once that broke things for a while.

    Yup. Forget bugs; load has to be THE main cause.

    When new content drops, there's simply no point in trying to play on Patch Day Evening. Hope usually triumphs over experience, and I almost always try anyway; so far (which is to say, every content update since launch) I've always ended up finding something else to do instead.

    Im more then sure this was the main problem. I was in the map at around 11pm cst after pressing f on the rift. Everything worked. Map meta, heart quests, mps and pois. Everything worked just fine. I didn't dc even once an in fact my client has been running far more stable then it has since s4 - ep2 dropped.

  • Genei.7502Genei.7502 Member ✭✭

    I had to restart the instance one time due to a bug in detecting destroyed turrets, but otherwise it went well.

    I'm confused with how the "stealth" works as enemies seem to "see" me even when I'm standing still frequently.

    Thank you dev team! I've been on the other side of bad releases and I know it must have been very stressful.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018

    Got through instance no issues (apart from not really liking it). Played an hour of the map then the network issues cropped up and now I'm unable to access game for the moment.

    edit: when I got back in, I got roll backed and lost 10-15mins of gameplay

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • So my character is stuck on this one. It tells me to take the portal. I get the start instance message. Click yes and then get teleported to the new area but I'm not in an instance. So I can't progress at all. Joined someone else who was on that quest this afternoon hoping that I will get progress completion when they finish it. Did the whole long instance from start to finish and did not get progress update. At the moment I am contemplating just quiting the episode and restarting it :<