Reddit Celebration Postponed

• ArenaNet Staff

We’re going to postpone today’s scheduled Reddit Dev Celebration while we address issues with this morning’s release. Our focus is always first on the player experience, with an eye to making the game as accessible, stable, and, of course, as enjoyable as possible. At this time, we want to have all our devs concentrating on correcting issues, and we hope to have things rolling along smoothly very soon.

We plan to reschedule the Reddit Celebration and we’ll post on our forums to let you know when it will take place.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this and post it on the forum Gaile.

As a member of a first line technical support team, I understand all too well the frenzy that occurs when a new patch is deployed to a live environment and then it breaks. 'Tis a nightmare and quite stressful.

Take your time to ensure the bugs are squashed out and be sure to have plenty of coffee and tea flowing to each team member. Works a treat for me.

@Boris Losdindawoods.3098 said:At times like this, we need some way for players to contribute towards pizza delivery for the devs.

I try to do that with gem purchases and buying the expansions, hehe.

As disappointing as it is not to be able to play immediately, I can live with waiting a bit to get through a bug-free episode. I'm not really a torches-and-pitchforks kind of consumer, so my only real concern at this point comes from the login issues. I've never seen the game at large so hard to access and stay connected to, I fear the bugs reach deep with this patch.

Archived