When the Tab key selects the farthest mob instead of the nearest

Ah, I hadn't seen that. It only focuses on the closest enemy, but since that's what I often want in combat, I'll take it. Tab's default behavior seems to depend heavily on the layout of mobs in front of me, but Shift-Tab sometimes gets me what I want when Tab does the wrong thing.

@Blocki.4931 said:You can change it in the keybinds to only focus the closest enemy

Yes you can and in that case it selects the nearest mob behind you and even behind a wall that you can in no way hit them. If I need to select a mob, I need to select the one that is in front of me, closer to me and ALSO hitting me! I'm not trying to collect every mob in scene. this is specially second annoying thing when you are on a ranger with bow!

@bobsort.4097 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:You can change it in the keybinds to only focus the closest enemy

Yes you can and in that case it selects the nearest mob behind you and even behind a wall that you can in no way hit them. If I need to select a mob, I need to select the one that is in front of me, closer to me and ALSO hitting me! I'm not trying to collect every mob in scene. this is specially second annoying thing when you are on a ranger with bow!

That's simply not true. It only targets an enemy that you can directly see like that.

I've hated this behavior forever, but I have to deal with it because point-clicking to target a specific mob/player is way too slow. The TAB functionality often seems to target every mob EXCEPT the one I really want (e.g, 5 mobs with one champ, it will target the champ last or not at all even if it's the one most directly in front of me).

I would also like the see the "autotarget" option NOT select yellow mobs1000 units behind or off to the side of me, there's really zero reason to ever autotarget a yellow mob whatsoever. That may be a different item, however.

@Blocki.4931 said:

That's simply not true. It only targets an enemy that you can directly see like that.

No matter how far away, it would seem....

@Corax.7692 said:

No matter how far away, it would seem....

Not infinitely. I suspect the range cap is around the 1,500 to 1,600 "unit" range. At, or just above, the maximum effective range of the longest attacks any character has.

In practical terms since than is 300-900 units further than the majority of attacks, that'd be a bit less useful than it might otherwise be. :)

Archived